Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29856 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2013, 12:30:05 pm »

Ryxa takes the knife and begins. Seemingly far away from events. (5+4)
Her round is by no means the neatest, and the blade closely skimmed a finger once or twice, but blood is not drawn.

It is Selinas turn to take up the knife next.
(6+4)
 She completes the song unscathed, and whilst her display was by no means flashy, it didn't cause her any harm. Looking relieved, she passes the knife on to Clair.

Clair takes the knife from Selina, breaking into song as she does.
(11)
 The blade comes down neatly between the fingers each pass, her sense of timing matching the tune almost perfectly.

Finally, Rylash is handed the blade.
(9+4)
 The knife comes down squarely each chop, not leaving a mark on his hand.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2013, 12:43:33 pm »

Ryxa was surprised no one had lost an eye, really. She turns to Clair.

"The price is one question each.

So I'm asking yours-why are you here? With us, seeking gold? As a healer, shouldn't you be helping the sick and needy?"
She asks levelly.

((I figure we each should ask one question of someone else to establish backstories, then maybe Sjm rolls a final set to determine winner and we move on?

The plot beckons :P

But after this, we'd probably all know each others stories to some degree.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2013, 12:47:47 pm »

((The fact everyone but Clair has a +4 makes this a lot easier than it would be otherwise. You'd need to roll a 4 total to fail at all with that bonus. :P ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2013, 12:49:22 pm »

"I see that we all are equally skilled at this. Maybe next time I can teach you guys cheat, that'd be fun to watch."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2013, 12:51:19 pm »

((The fact everyone but Clair has a +4 makes this a lot easier than it would be otherwise. You'd need to roll a 4 total to fail at all with that bonus. :P ))

((Well, in the future, just keep adding difficult modifiers every round until someone zones out lol
the way this knife game is played is that one goes faster and more complicated every time until someone messes up))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2013, 12:55:53 pm »

((I am a bad ass))

Clair give her fingers a look over, amazed that she did it well "Sure, I'm a member of the sun order as you know and you should know ours mission. Well I'm after a guy, dwarf, who link with several unforgivable crimes, I merely walk with you lot because I'm afraid of being on my own in the world."

She also look faintly annoyed "And I'm not simply a healer, I'm a savior, save with one hand, kill with the other."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2013, 01:07:14 pm »

Kyle turns to Ryxa.
"Well at least for them. Unless our deal was off when they walked in, then in that case I'll have to think of a good question."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2013, 01:36:10 pm »

((I am a bad ass))

Clair give her fingers a look over, amazed that she did it well "Sure, I'm a member of the sun order as you know and you should know ours mission. Well I'm after a guy, dwarf, who link with several unforgivable crimes, I merely walk with you lot because I'm afraid of being on my own in the world."

She also look faintly annoyed "And I'm not simply a healer, I'm a savior, save with one hand, kill with the other."

"Well, I certainly hope you know which hand is which..." Ryxa comments.

Kyle turns to Ryxa.
"Well at least for them. Unless our deal was off when they walked in, then in that case I'll have to think of a good question."

"A deal is a deal. Ask what you will."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »

Kyle puts away the dagger.
"I'd like to rub your ears. Unless the rumors I heard are true in which case I can do something else."
Kyle looks away as he says that last bit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2013, 02:15:41 pm »

Ryxa's face goes flat, quizzical, then flushes for a moment-she's genuinely flustered, which is unusual concerning her usual stoic demeanor.

But, she is smiling slightly now. Her former gloominess, the scattered memories of a dark past, seem to have momentarily faded.

"....that is an extraordinarily odd request. You do know, my ears are extraordinarily...uh, sensitive? To the touch, I mean...

...Why would you offer to do to such a thing?"
She asks.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2013, 02:19:26 pm »

Selina is looking her hands over from every angle, looking for cuts that aren't there. Her eye shows panic and relief at the same time, though she visibly jumps at Kyle's request to Ryxa.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2013, 02:23:14 pm »

Kyle blushes and looks at the ceiling.
"Well I um, had a friend in the guild that had a thing for Drow and he would keep telling us lesser known facts about Drow, and that was one of them. I didn't believe him at the time but I guess he was right... um, if you don't want to I can just do something else."
Kyle starts to wring his hands and look anywhere besides at Ryxa.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »

"...well, I didn't say no...though I am interested in what else you might heard about my people.

In any case, we've yet to determine which one of the two of us won the bet yet, correct?"
She says, turning her head to one side.

"...Unless you forfeit, of course, then I might have something in mind..."

Action: If Kyle does not forfeit, I knife game with him until one of us loses. Roll em boss!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2013, 03:07:10 pm »

"I accept your challenge. But let's make this interesting."
Kyle rips a strip off the bottom of his cloak.
"We do it blindfolded."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2013, 03:12:05 pm »

Ryxa took a thick pen-knife from the desk beside her.

"Agreed.

Addendum. We both perform the game at the same time, until one of us cries off, or cries in pain. We must match the others dagger beats as close as we can.

Acceptable?"

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44