Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 233

Author Topic: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail. The End of Gia.  (Read 592098 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail, SUCK IT MOUNTAINHOMES!
« Reply #2130 on: September 30, 2013, 03:58:47 pm »

But just so we're clear can we have a bit of a buffer period before whatziz name starts scything us?
Like a few non-illustrated turns....say four and each represents a season of the year, thus letting us put a bunch of actions in one post.
Also should we just consider everyone stuck in/under the Mountainhomes to be pretty much doomed at this point? I mean there isn't much they could really do to not be drowned to be honest.
Yeah, I'll make little mini updates. And no, the people down there still have a small chance of survival, if they keep running, the tunnel will lead them to the surface. Although the Mountain Homes themselves are doomed beyond repair.

Gotta have that crundle civ, right?

But yeah back to the four turn idea (taken from Total War games :P)
The point would be so that we could adequately find our characters way to Political/Religious/Military power.
Small things like talking/asking questions wouldn't count toward the turn, but basically the idea of the turn seasons would be for example to do things like:

EXAMPLENOTACTUALACTION: Enlist in military. Participate in Campaigns against bandits. Be promoted.

I mean we COULD just do the turns normally but the idea is to show a lot of character/world progression in as few turns as possible, thus the whole time-skippyness.
Hmm, I'm not sure, really. Mostly this game is about player vs. player battles that continually escalate. That's how I've been operating it.
So I don't know, I'm not much for putting stuff like character development into this game. Unless you call a kill count character development, then I'm all for it.

Question:
How would trading between the city states work? Is there any scope for, say, unaligned trade caravans and merchant 'empires'?
Well, each city-state is controlled by a separate player, at least at first. But you could build roads for increased movement, and I'd allow trading of resources if a road is connecting them.
But if you want to form alliances and junk, then you can. But money won't be as powerful in this game as it is in most games of this type.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: September 30, 2013, 04:00:39 pm »

Whats this? Gods? Can my friend and I form a group that adds up to a god?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: September 30, 2013, 04:02:12 pm »

Whats this? Gods? Can my friend and I form a group that adds up to a god?
The Council of Gods will probably exclude you.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: September 30, 2013, 04:05:28 pm »

Coolrune requests admission to the minor gods club! Reason: To make moar havoc so there are less players and updates come quicker.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: September 30, 2013, 04:08:21 pm »

What about a council under the gods but still with divine status? Like a council of heros.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: September 30, 2013, 04:09:01 pm »

Perhaps a council of archclerics?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: September 30, 2013, 04:13:14 pm »

So, I'll remove my earlier action once I find it, but I'm done with trying to reach the Mountainhomes. Killerhellhound, I thank you for continually preventing me from reaching what turned out to be a deathtrap.

Summon miner golems. Order them to dig out a quarry of stone. If this goes well, I'll eventually be able to have my golems use the materials to construct more golems! My golem civilization will be unstoppable! If anybody wants to team up with me (say, the remaining dwarves, who have a civilization that has been weakened beyond repair) now would be the time. Of course, reaching me would be rather difficult.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: September 30, 2013, 04:18:10 pm »

So, I'll remove my earlier action once I find it, but I'm done with trying to reach the Mountainhomes. Killerhellhound, I thank you for continually preventing me from reaching what turned out to be a deathtrap.

Summon miner golems. Order them to dig out a quarry of stone. If this goes well, I'll eventually be able to have my golems use the materials to construct more golems! My golem civilization will be unstoppable! If anybody wants to team up with me (say, the remaining dwarves, who have a civilization that has been weakened beyond repair) now would be the time. Of course, reaching me would be rather difficult.
Would you like to team up with the nigh-extinct elves?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: September 30, 2013, 04:19:22 pm »

Perhaps a council of archclerics?
Something like that may work.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: September 30, 2013, 04:55:03 pm »

I'll think about it. Elves generally aren't very good with stone.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: September 30, 2013, 05:01:18 pm »

That's kind of the point. We can fortify each others' weaknesses.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: September 30, 2013, 05:03:37 pm »

Hey, I'm in the domain of the dead apparently! I smash down the door, using a book that death was reading. I then rush back into the world as a dwarven outsider with adequate knife wielding with superdwarven strength. I fabricate clothes from magic, and rush towards the crumbling mountainhomes.

"I'm coming, you crazy ghost-busting, cavern-finding, demon-snake discovering, dragon-employing, mountain-crushing, gold ziggurat-creating, transformifyingintoayak-ifying, dwarves!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: September 30, 2013, 05:25:10 pm »

That's kind of the point. We can fortify each others' weaknesses.
Hmm. Personally, I'd rather ally with the dwarves. However, I question whether or not dwarves will even exist. Also, I suppose that golems could be made out of wood or other natural matter. I could also try to ally with both the elves and the dwarves for UNSTOPPABLE GOLEM ARMY.
So sure, I'll form an alliance with the elves. Why not.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: September 30, 2013, 05:32:54 pm »

((When we get to that part of the game, where you choose what civ you'll lead, if you don't already have one, I'll let you choose the race.

The choices will be Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Lamias.

You could be something different if you can make it now, such as golems or crundles or whatever.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: September 30, 2013, 05:38:15 pm »

((When we get to that part of the game, where you choose what civ you'll lead, if you don't already have one, I'll let you choose the race.

The choices will be Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Lamias.

You could be something different if you can make it now, such as golems or crundles or whatever.))
What about Space Hats?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 233