Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 32305 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Punitive Mars Expedition (Not yet open.)
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 03:40:59 am »

[In case anyone is curious about inspirations:

United Governance - Corporate version of United Nations.
Integrated Samsoft - IBM / Microsoft / Samsung
General Mechanics - General Electric / Toyota / General Motors
Walco Markets - Wal-Mart / Costco / CVS
Baystrasanto Healthcare - Bayer / Astrazeneca / Monsanto
Royal Holdings - HSBC / Grupo Carso / ING
Tianalbion Hydrocarbons - Sinopec / Gazprom / Royal Dutch Shell

I'm not saying that these are canonically the divisions of the corporations or anything, I just decided to pick from the current Global 2000 and sort of merge them for names.]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:44:52 am by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extend the optics range as far as possible to detect incoming threats then collect up any spare ammo I can find. Step on the heads of any survivors who can not be saved to offer a quick painless death.

"Well it's quiet for now, but somebody saw us crash so I doubt it's going to stay that for long, I suggest we grab what we can find and get moving."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:53:21 am by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

We departed with the largest space fleet ever build. Whatever shot us down has other things to care about now. But yes, we do need to get out. Won't be long before our fleet 'll return fire. 

Head to the cockpit, or whatever remains. Look for the communicators, or failing that, the emergency beacon

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If the fleet lasts long enough, but I doubt they are going to overlook those of us who survived the crash and any other crashes, they surely have ground forced as well who will be sent to make sure we're dead.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With a heavy sigh the doctor get's to work - and that means that he does nothing to relevate the poor souls of their suffering, unless they are in a particulary bad state and somewhat conscious. Noting that resources might become a problem - the battle still being undecided and all - he will make a search for anything of use instead. Those - hopefully few - that he decides to put to mercy, will be either done in by a found makeshift/melee-weapon or some kicks to the weak parts of their bodies - crushing the throat, forcing the nose into the brain and similiar. He will also ask for any saveable medical emergencies over the Com, prioritizing this task if needed. Should he stumble upon one of the good-to-go crewies, he will not be adverse to teaming up with him - or her, for that matter.

"Dr. Miller speaking - Any saveable medical emergencies out there? Please, no futile cases or wounds that would take hours to restore. Also, any readings on possible enemy presence yet?"

Should I mention that he will think longinly about all the fun that he has in the medikit? Well, he will. N~o worries, only for about half of the time. The other half will be spent on internal swearing and condemning the current situation. Joy.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No enemies detected yet but I'm keeping an eye out for them."
Now it never would.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Walk around the ship looking for any surviors or, with luck, our equipment that we apparently aren't wearing.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( We are wearing it, or I am anyway since it mentioned somebody walking around in heavy armour which is me. ))
Now it never would.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

"If the fleet lasts long enough, but I doubt they are going to overlook those of us who survived the crash and any other crashes, they surely have ground forced as well who will be sent to make sure we're dead.
Nearly every ship in the fleet is up there, they won't go down that easily. Besides, there'll be hundreds of ships like these landing everywhere. They won't have time to look for this one soon.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Mark swore continuously under his breath as he got to work, grabbing the ammo, energy pack, food, and toolkit, and tossing it in the cart. Then he grabbed as many assault rifles as would fit in it and threw them in too. "Calling all Marines, this is Captain Marcus Heaks, repeat, calling all Marines. Sound off, I repeat, sound off. Who's still stuck here among the living?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Who says they have to look? I should think they were able to track our descent easily enough given that we can do it and we know nothing of the martials military force beyond it's fleet. Best to assume we've been dropped into the middle of the shit until we know otherwise. Assumptions will get us killed, plotting for the worst will give us a chance to live. I intend to live."
Now it never would.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

(x is the base Psi score, which I'm guessing is 0. Let me know of any issues with this character or if you wanted background or other stuff not on the sheet.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:56:25 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

[On another note, My Standard Weapons skill is actually four, I realized. 1 for base, 1 for UG, 1 for Xeno Training, and 1 for Hardened Veteran. Also, my HP and Psi are still wrong...Just thought I should let you know]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The Orbital sensors died when they set of that debris cloud. Our fleet is jamming what little, if any, they have constructed. Besides, there will be hundreds, if not more of these reentry signals all over the place. Space battles tend to be a messy affair.

Also, have you contemplated that there might be nothing out there. We don't know where we landed. If we depart now, we'll die of thirst in this planet sized desert. And well, If they send a patrol right away, there'd be no way we'd be getting away from it anyway, they could just follow the trails we leave in the Martian sands. I would prefer to take them on here, where we at least got a bit off cover.

Edit: Base Psy is 1, I believe.
Edit 2: The engineer suit comes with a build in repair kit. You don't need to pick it. Also, 3 repair kits on a 6 men team might be a bit much.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I'll freely admit to not really reading what the other waitlisters were. Silly of me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38