Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376836 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [In which the wait list is shortened]
« Reply #1065 on: August 14, 2013, 09:14:17 am »

With the current rate of murder and not experimentation, I think that the control word won't be discovered for a long time. On the other hand, once the page where it is supposed to be is discovered, maybe the process will accelerate.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1066 on: August 14, 2013, 09:17:45 am »

With the current rate of murder and not experimentation, I think that the control word won't be discovered for a long time. On the other hand, once the page where it is supposed to be is discovered, maybe the process will accelerate.
I dont need to discover it. HAhahahaha...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:23:51 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 14, 2013, 09:20:43 am »

May I ask how did you discover it? Nobody has been testing magic in other people, just testing on their own, so I doubt that you know which word it is.

Anyway, I didn't play the original, so  don't know the particularities of how does the control word work.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1068 on: August 14, 2013, 09:21:44 am »

May I ask how did you discover it? Nobody has been testing magic in other people, just testing on their own, so I doubt that you know which word it is.

Anyway, I didn't play the original, so  don't know the particularities of how does the control word work.
I didnt say i discovered it either. I just dont need to discover it. Atleast i hope. That I hope will be converted on a Yes or a Not the next turn.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1070 on: August 14, 2013, 09:35:37 am »

Ahh, I misunderstood that. Happy !!Science!!
Also in the original you had to apply the control word to an item along with an element, being a minimum of three word longs casting. ´´Control Fire Ring``, would make a ring that lets you control fire.
You could only wear two control items or they would explode. (That wont be a ploblem for me if it works), and once you had control, you could do virtually anything with that element as long as you had enough will.

For example, a dude tried to prize another person for helping him, and he made the bones of the arm of that other dude form a whip though will... He forgot he didnt had flesh control and the arm of the other dude literally exploded, however he obtained a weapon (Its own, broken, bone whip arm) that allowed him to survive long, and even kill some people with it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 14, 2013, 09:39:31 am »

I see. Now that I know the sistem, I realize that I won't use it, anyway. Unless there is mind control, that's a whole different subject. I have other plans involving magic. Like turning someone's head into booze and drinking it to death

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1072 on: August 14, 2013, 09:40:51 am »

I see. Now that I know the sistem, I realize that I won't use it, anyway. Unless there is mind control, that's a whole different subject. I have other plans involving magic. Like turning someone's head into booze and drinking it to death
Theres mind control, but is not easy to find the words to obtain it. In the original Scarlon gave you a mask that allowed you to do it at all times if you wore it, however the only other way is though a complex combination of words, most of which we dont know, and if your opponent beated you at will, bad stuff could happen to you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 14, 2013, 09:41:45 am »

You dont require Scarlon, Scarlon made will stronger and gave ability to control minds without the correct words.
Actually, i dont require the first nor third. And B is already accomplished.

Actually, you do if you can't get the first three. That's kind of the point I'm making - if you couldn't get either of the first three, you could choose Scarlon. Or, even better, Nul-sheal, though the elements could get a bit random in her case.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1074 on: August 14, 2013, 09:42:53 am »

You dont require Scarlon, Scarlon made will stronger and gave ability to control minds without the correct words.
Actually, i dont require the first nor third. And B is already accomplished.

Actually, you do if you can't get the first three. That's kind of the point I'm making - if you couldn't get either of the first three, you could choose Scarlon. Or, even better, Nul-sheal, though the elements could get a bit random in her case.
I dont know nor hopefully need the first or third, second is optional and accomplished (I can make a minion/minions to accomplish the second anyways, but i dont think they will be needed)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 14, 2013, 09:44:21 am »

So, control just let's you manipulate something at will, and to do that you have to have a pre-casted item that allows you to do so. In an universe where players can change their material at will, I don't see that as something really overpowered, really.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1076 on: August 14, 2013, 09:52:29 am »

So, control just let's you manipulate something at will, and to do that you have to have a pre-casted item that allows you to do so. In an universe where players can change their material at will, I don't see that as something really overpowered, really.
You can manipulate yourself to increase your stats, however, only the first bonus is free, everything else you manipulate in your own body with will is compensated though the lose of something.
Want more speed? You may lose strenght.
And you may also manipulate your own items or the nearbyhoods. This whole zone is made out of stone, i may as well make some stones levitate, change their shape to become swords, make them wickedly sharp, and fire them at great speeds towards nearby persons.

Or command the air around a person to move away from his lungs, having him suffocate.
Or summon a fireball, then use control to remote control it so that it doesnt miss.
Or convert that piece of metal over there into a shield that levitates around me, protecting me from damage.
Or heal someone made out of flesh.
Or, as in Perplexicon, make a tree which gives fruit-grenades that when thrown create spiked thorns around all the zone.

And will is also required to control minions, like Dave horse, or my fishy. (1 Will for a minion, 4 for two, 7 for three, 11 for four, and so on)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:55:39 am by Sarzael »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 14, 2013, 09:55:15 am »

It was way more threatening in the original Perplexicon, where people didn't discover the full-body word in the first five turns of the game (in fact, it was only at the end of the first phase - the arena phase - that such a thing became common knowledge). As such, nobody with regular, public knowledge was safe from somebody who had, say, bone control.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1078 on: August 14, 2013, 09:56:19 am »

It was way more threatening in the original Perplexicon, where people didn't discover the full-body word in the first five turns of the game (in fact, it was only at the end of the first phase - the arena phase - that such a thing became common knowledge). As such, nobody with regular, public knowledge was safe from somebody who had, say, bone control.
You just dont think big enough. If this works you all will learn.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 14, 2013, 09:56:36 am »

I always advocated for the secrecy thing.

If everyone knows everything it just kinda leads to the same thing over and over. Void balls and full body steel.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 198