Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378343 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [In which the wait list is shortened]
« Reply #1080 on: August 14, 2013, 09:58:05 am »

I always advocated for the secrecy thing.

If everyone knows everything it just kinda leads to the same thing over and over. Void balls and full body steel.
Yeah true. I have tried to form a group with those who were saying words in public so that we get more power as our enemies knowledge decreases. Most didnt listen though.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 14, 2013, 10:08:01 am »

I'm doing my first character with all public, all blind plays, then I'll worry about alliances and words and the like after one death.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1082 on: August 14, 2013, 10:10:24 am »

I'm doing my first character with all public, all blind plays, then I'll worry about alliances and words and the like after one death.

So, if I kill you, you will go private?
Well, looks like I have work to do... Hehehe... (JOKE)
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 14, 2013, 10:11:53 am »

I had planned on murdering all public speakers.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 14, 2013, 10:15:51 am »

As it was said earlier, the idea of the public speakers are to encourage creativity, and hopefully make the game funnier than a game where the same combination is always used by the same person.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 14, 2013, 10:18:47 am »

Thats a weird brand of logic.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 14, 2013, 10:22:12 am »

I had planned on murdering all public speakers.

Gotta say, I agree with this idea. It's no fun at all if everyone knows everything.

As it was said earlier, the idea of the public speakers are to encourage creativity, and hopefully make the game funnier than a game where the same combination is always used by the same person.

It's also a bit boring when everybody knows all the really good elements to use, because it eliminates all intrigue and need for effort and science, which is what makes all the funny combinations possible and ultimately satisfying.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1087 on: August 14, 2013, 10:34:30 am »

My idea was to stop public speakers though diplomacy and kill those who remain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 14, 2013, 10:58:48 am »

It's also a bit boring when everybody knows all the really good elements to use, because it eliminates all intrigue and need for effort and science, which is what makes all the funny combinations possible and ultimately satisfying.
I haven't thought it that way. Anyway, I will still get satisfaction once I turn someone into booze and drink him, it doesn't matter if I didn't discovered any words.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1089 on: August 14, 2013, 11:04:48 am »

I haven't thought it that way. Anyway, I will still get satisfaction once I turn someone into booze and drink him, it doesn't matter if I didn't discovered any words.
Well, we know one of the three words needed for it, and the page of other needed to do so.
Either ways, i got clear my next victim. (Is not anyone of the earlier quoted posts, and is somebody who is currently ingame), but will be a while before i do an attack.
And to kill that person, ill apply a tactic that i originally had made in case i would have had to fight Derm.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:10:39 am by Sarzael »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 14, 2013, 01:50:43 pm »

Well, we know one of the three words needed for it, and the page of other needed to do so.
We know booze, we know all the words that target specific body parts. Assuming you can't target somebody's body by pointing at him, we need the page that targets stuff only.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 14, 2013, 02:36:14 pm »

Arazael... Damn you.
Anyways, you spawn right after Derm, so if theres a two player kill...
Yeah, I realized that that might cause some confusion, so it's less similar to your username now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:40:18 pm by Vakothu »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 14, 2013, 02:55:56 pm »

Hey!  Yes, I have been on a vacation for the last two weeks, but you could at least send a PM to confirm!

I still need to read through this, but here's my char, if I'm in.
Pot:3
Chan:6

Immediately upon spawning, run away from anybody who approaches.  If anybody points at me, or makes a face or anything that migt possibly be considered aggresive, shout SPELL at them as many times as possible.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1093 on: August 14, 2013, 03:03:57 pm »

Hey!  Yes, I have been on a vacation for the last two weeks, but you could at least send a PM to confirm!

I still need to read through this, but here's my char, if I'm in.
Pot:3
Chan:6

Immediately upon spawning, run away from anybody who approaches.  If anybody points at me, or makes a face or anything that migt possibly be considered aggresive, shout SPELL at them as many times as possible.
Calm down dude, im still in the game, Derm is dead, Dave, who so far seems to be semingly peaceful got his souls, and there is only one dude who has attempted an aggresion and is still alive, and i got an powerful artifact on my hands.
Also, i dont think you really want those stats, Zentol doesnt give you phisical stuff here, remember? And dont even try doing it with full body unless you want to end like Piecewise and Corsair...
There must die someone for you to be able to appear, so i guess we should kill the only person alive who has killed someone else without being for self-defense?

And theres also Gamerlord, who tried experimenting dangerous magic... Over me. He summoned a damned golden hallowed lion and then couldnt stop it when the lion attempted to eat me, luckily i was able to outrun the lion with my superspeed until it dissapeared. That was an accident, but really, dont get near gamerlord unless you intend on killing him.

Also, about the PM thing... I think you have enough to read for a week.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:11:43 pm by Sarzael »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 14, 2013, 03:14:31 pm »

Well, I'm not up to date on what's going on really.  All I know is that there were eight or so people before me on the waitlist two weeks ago, and now I'm in.  That means lots of people have died.  So I'm just being safe, and making sure nobody touches me before I'm up to date.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 198