Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378327 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [In which the wait list is shortened]
« Reply #1095 on: August 14, 2013, 03:18:27 pm »

Well, I'm not up to date on what's going on really.  All I know is that there were eight or so people before me on the waitlist two weeks ago, and now I'm in.  That means lots of people have died.  So I'm just being safe, and making sure nobody touches me before I'm up to date.
Your not in game yet. You can take one or two turns probably to get up to date.
You should be in game, but since you were afk, people who was after you skipped in the waitlist, so you will come as soon as someone dies.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:27:25 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 14, 2013, 03:19:30 pm »

Also, i dont think you really want those stats, Zentol doesnt give you phisical stuff here, remember? And dont even try doing it with full body unless you want to end like Piecewise and Corsair...
To be fair, the fullbody stuff was actually working out pretty for him until he commited suicide.

And are you actually trying to convince somebody that this place is not dangerous? I sense an ulterior motive.

Also, reading through all the plans to kill everyone who spoke words publicly, I'm glad to see you guys dead. Because that's a level of metagaming I find repulsive. Killing somebody for playing the game how they want to play it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:21:20 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1097 on: August 14, 2013, 03:26:51 pm »

Also, i dont think you really want those stats, Zentol doesnt give you phisical stuff here, remember? And dont even try doing it with full body unless you want to end like Piecewise and Corsair...
To be fair, the fullbody stuff was actually working out pretty for him until he commited suicide.

And are you actually trying to convince somebody that this place is not dangerous? I sense an ulterior motive.

Also, reading through all the plans to kill everyone who spoke words publicly, I'm glad to see you guys dead. Because that's a level of metagaming I find repulsive. Killing somebody for playing the game how they want to play it.
Welp, im not dead. But i gave those people a chance to continue playing. Someday will be time to clean up those who declined my offer.
Killing somebody for playing how they want to play it? Well, arent we playing how we want to play too when we decide to do so? Have we less right to keep our position safe by triying to decrease general knowledge while increasing individual one?

And currently the arena is semingly safe, most people is currently busy with spell testing, and the main killers (Piecewise and Derm) are dead.

Well, I'm not up to date on what's going on really.  All I know is that there were eight or so people before me on the waitlist two weeks ago, and now I'm in.  That means lots of people have died.  So I'm just being safe, and making sure nobody touches me before I'm up to date.
The count of deaths that i remember:
Ton**** of Derm kills.
Bob(Piecewise) dieing ripped in half when he tried two conflictive full body materials (Zentol and a heavenly type material) and finally consumed by each of those.
Corsair being consumed by the Zentol Fullbody due to his lack of will.
Tiruin death, i almost killed her character while attempting to get !!THE WAND!!, but Derm came on the last moment and attacked us both with a blackhole, and she couldnt resist.
Derm Death by Dave, when Dave went unsconcious by a failed spear summoning, Derm came to attack, however Dave electric body electrocuted him and made him fall unsconcious, just as Dave woke up and broke Derm neck with a repulse force spear.
Vakothu being thrown down the bottomless pit by someone i dont remember but that is still alive.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:28:38 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 14, 2013, 03:29:17 pm »

If the arena is safe, the arena is boring.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1099 on: August 14, 2013, 03:30:57 pm »

It is currently safe. There was also an stage in Perplexicon where this happened, people was to busy in midgame attempting to get ready for the future that they didnt care about present battles, however, when that future came, was when the true epic battles began.
And there is one or two dangerous people around, but i can take care of them if necesary.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 14, 2013, 03:32:49 pm »

Well, arent we playing how we want to play too when we decide to do so? Have we less right to keep our position safe by triying to decrease general knowledge while increasing individual one?
To decrease that knowledge, you're killing other people. If they actually an formed an alliance, and were actually semi-organized, this might be even a little bit fun. But as it stands, it's a very bad form of Darwinism and exclusionary behavior, and makes the game less fun for everyone on the sidelines.

And actually, Piecewise wasn't a killer. He was absolutely a science guy with a suicide bent.

It is currently safe. There was also an stage in Perplexicon where this happened, people was to busy in midgame attempting to get ready for the future that they didnt care about present battles, however, when that future came, was when the true epic battles began.
And there is one or two dangerous people around, but i can take care of them if necesary.
Big ego much?
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1101 on: August 14, 2013, 03:40:12 pm »

Well, arent we playing how we want to play too when we decide to do so? Have we less right to keep our position safe by triying to decrease general knowledge while increasing individual one?
To decrease that knowledge, you're killing other people. If they actually an formed an alliance, and were actually semi-organized, this might be even a little bit fun. But as it stands, it's a very bad form of Darwinism and exclusionary behavior, and makes the game less fun for everyone on the sidelines.

And actually, Piecewise wasn't a killer. He was absolutely a science guy with a suicide bent.

Big ego much?
Gamerlord isnt really dangerous if you dont get close while he experiments. And the other dude, well, he better not try to push me if he doesnt want to end up on the bones.
Also, i kill people, in a killing game. I had direct impact in Tiruin death in order to obtain this wand. Derm killed many people, Dave killed Derm, a dude threw another dude down the botomless pit, and you ask me not to kill? Seems fair. Ill just stay over here seeing how people throw blackholes, tentacles and dragons at me.

Anyways, perhaps you re right, but its also unfair for us.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:14:02 pm by Sarzael »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 14, 2013, 03:51:36 pm »

It's the bit where you're talking like you're the new king of the pit.

Newsflash: You aint.

(I'm actually wondering why Dave wasn't unconcious for another round like I was when I was being strangled. I did crack him in the head pretty damn hard and I know he got 6 end, but so did I back then and his head was pretty damaged already.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:54:41 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1103 on: August 14, 2013, 03:55:42 pm »

It's the bit where you're talking like you're the new king of the pit.

Newsflash: You aint.

(I'm actually wondering why Dave wasn't unconcious for another round like I was when I was being strangled. I did crack him in the head pretty damn hard and I know he got 6 end, but so did I and his head was pretty damaged already. Semantics, I suppose.)

Actually, i dont consider myself any kind of power. I dont even have a soul (Thanks to you in part), im just saying that right now the Pit is seemingly safe, i dont see how that has to do with me being more or less powerful.
Right now the most powerful player is Dave, even though he is thanks to me (I saved his life and gave him the hint he needed to kill you), but that doesnt make him less powerful in any way.
I got as much power as the other soulless players, know pretty much same words and i barely have more experience.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:50:50 pm by Sarzael »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 14, 2013, 04:11:09 pm »

And now you're taunting me.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 14, 2013, 04:17:14 pm »

Sazrael: Oh will you chill out. "All your souls are aquired due to me!", "I participated in everything!", "You owe all your power to me!", "All who do not agree with my policies are going to be exterminated!".

If that's not a sign of you behaving like a kind of the pit, I don't know what is.
PS: Also, please stop taunting Dermonster.

Also, i kill people, in a killing game. I had direct impact in Tiruin death in order to obtain this wand. Derm killed many people, Dave killed Derm, a dude threw another dude down the botomless pit, and you ask me not to kill? Seems fair. Ill just stay over here seeing how people throw blackholes, tentacles and dragons at me.
It's not killing people, it's what people you choose to kill.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 14, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »

Because this is generally bad not for just the taunter, but everyone within a 20-mile radius.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 14, 2013, 04:24:29 pm »

Because this is generally bad not for just the taunter, but everyone within a 20-mile radius.
No, but it is bad for the forum thread. I'm not a fan of idealizing Derm or covering before him, but when you've got an easily irritatable player, taunting him is a bad idea.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1108 on: August 14, 2013, 04:25:37 pm »

Sazrael: Oh will you chill out. "All your souls are aquired due to me!", "I participated in everything!", "You owe all your power to me!", "All who do not agree with my policies are going to be exterminated!".

If that's not a sign of you behaving like a kind of the pit, I don't know what is.

It's not killing people, it's what people you choose to kill.

Anyways, perhaps you re right, but its also unfair for us, since they decrease our power.

You should try coming over here and see how you react :P
All your souls are aquired due to me!: Not true. I had part, since i told him to edit his action so that he actually used Derm weapon, else Derm would still be alive, and i told him for his own safety not to wear off the full body crystal, atleast until head is fixed, or the damage may multiply in flesh. In perplexicon was kinda common people who took severe injuries but were fine in steel body died almost instantly after going back to flesh. I dont see how that hurts anyone else than Derm, and either ways, it was him who did the work.
I participated in everything!: What? Lets see... I attacked Tiruin and took a wand. Seems certainly a lot of stuff.
Taunting Derm: Fine, i dont see how i taunted him more than Dave when he took Derm Slayer title.
"All who do not agree with my policies are going to be exterminated!": Not true. I didnt kill GreatWyrmGold, nor would do as an example. Nor any of the guys who are in this room, even though they are doing public stuff. Either ways, this is a game on where you have to try to survive. To survive you need power. Revealing certain words severely decrease my power.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 14, 2013, 04:28:43 pm »

Yeah, not gonna argue with this. Not a topic I consider worthy to argue about. And I would like to ask everyone not to argue on my behalf. Don't want to escalate this.

You should try coming over here and see how you react
Eh, I would probably actually roleplay in this game to a limited amount, make my words visible, and make you my enemy. ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:31:19 pm by Thearpox »

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 198