Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378247 times)

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1395 on: August 26, 2013, 09:58:00 am »

I have so many plans man you don't even know.
I have more then a plan, I have teh world greatest magical formula, if it comes to it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1396 on: August 26, 2013, 09:58:13 am »

I have so many plans man you don't even know.
I plan to kill you as soon as you spawn.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 26, 2013, 10:01:13 am »

Good to know!~
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 26, 2013, 10:04:57 am »

((I plan to give the GM of the next Perplexicon a little program to keep track of permuted lists based on a simple alphanumeric key.

Meaning, a way to make every single character's spellbook unique.

It is quite amusing when people spawn with ready words of total destruction, but it would be quite curious to see how it works if everyone started at a blank slate. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1399 on: August 26, 2013, 10:07:52 am »

That's how I've been keeping things in my game, though it's too early in to matter much.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 26, 2013, 01:55:10 pm »

((I plan to give the GM of the next Perplexicon a little program to keep track of permuted lists based on a simple alphanumeric key.

Meaning, a way to make every single character's spellbook unique.

It is quite amusing when people spawn with ready words of total destruction, but it would be quite curious to see how it works if everyone started at a blank slate. :P))
((I will tell you how it will end up. With the few remaining veterans camping on the newcomers.

Unless you change some other aspect of the deathmatch to avoid that.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 26, 2013, 01:59:40 pm »

((Almost any spell allows for a dodge check. Use a larger arena with more tactical options, and perhaps some kind of basic weapon dispensory, and physical characters will have a great chance against even experienced spellcasters, who still have to roll too.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 26, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »

((Almost any spell allows for a dodge check. Use a larger arena with more tactical options, and perhaps some kind of basic weapon dispensory, and physical characters will have a great chance against even experienced spellcasters, who still have to roll too.))

((Then you will have a bunch of somewhat strong and durable meatbags against some beigns made of magma who can alter reality by speaking))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1403 on: August 26, 2013, 02:03:46 pm »

Physical characters do NOT stand a chance agaisnt spellcasters by theirselves. Look at TCM and Ocil, they cant even hurt me due to my body, and any spellcaster who find the words could replicate this body.
And you cant have everything, dexterity, strenght and endurance. There are spells which ignore avoid roll and go directly to endurance, there are spells which drag you and need strenght rolls, there are spells just like the one i used this turn that do not use a endurance roll, just a dexterity one. Fine, you can have a +1 to all of them, but does that really achieve something? They can still attack you while you dont manage to hit them without your hand exploding.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:05:44 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 26, 2013, 02:06:06 pm »

Physical characters do NOT stand a chance agaisnt spellcasters by theirselves. Look at TCM and Ocil, they cant even hurt me due to my body, and any spellcaster who find the words could replicate this body.
((The main issue is that this doesn't have the deities that the original had. It is unsurprising that the magic users have an advantage, this IS a magic-focused game after all, so physical characters can't do much unless they acquire a useful weapon.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 26, 2013, 02:06:22 pm »

((On the other hand, having 3 or 5 versions of the spellbook could potentially make the game more interesting.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 26, 2013, 02:09:24 pm »

Well, let's make this a party..

Actions!

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 26, 2013, 02:18:32 pm »

"Ah, I think I see how to fix this."
Say words while thinking of a crossbow that shoots forward acid:
"Josionp Pame Enur Cybea."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1408 on: August 26, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »

Well, let's make this a party..

Actions!
Currently there are five players plus a magma lion in a battle, come on everyone, join the party! Lets make this a 8 players battle! Not to forget about candy pig and crystal cows!
Actually i would join the battle if i was one of the newbies, is safer here, so far everyone who died was OUTSIDE the battle.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 26, 2013, 02:58:19 pm »

I love how my character died by the way.

I'm so glad I did that.

Terence will always be remembered as the crazy spellcaster who used nine word superspells.
And then got eaten by them.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 198