Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Spellcrafters of ________ (6/6) Waitlist open!  (Read 7447 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Spellcrafters of ________ (6/6) Waitlist open!
« on: July 13, 2013, 12:39:51 am »

You recently graduated from the College of Dalested, a low quality university, with a few of your friends.  You frequently spoke in the college, and that cost you all learning some of the fundamentals of magic, but you all managed to graduate.  However, your abysmal skills would have prevented you from getting any job, but the government has recently abandoned multiple fortresses, and have granted mages the ability to take them over for their use.  Your group finds one of these notices, and sees that these are still available:

Option 1
Defendability: Very High
Notable Surroundings: One small mining village
Savagery: Low
Desirability: Major
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Option 2
Defendability: High
Notable Surroundings: A major city with limited mage-hating groups, an isolated small town, a vast number of caves, various one or two person settlements.
Savagery: Medium
Desirability: High

Option 3
Defendability: High
Notable Surroundings: A major city with few mage hating groups, a shrine to a good diety
Savagery: High
Desirability: Medium

Option 4
Defendability: Low
Notable Surroundings: A major city with few mage-hating groups
Savagery: Low
Desirability: Low

Option 5
Defendability: Medium
Notable Surroundings: Two central shrines to dark gods, a major city filled with mage-hating groups, multiple burial crypts full of undead
Savagery: Very High
Desirability: Very Low

Your group finds that it has roughly 300 gold in total.  Who are you?  Which do you choose?  What do you call it?

Sign-up sheet

About

Spoiler: Spellcrafting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ratings of Options (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mercenaries (click to show/hide)

(OOC: Yes, I know those images are from Skyrim.  No, this is not taking place in Skyrim.  I'm just using them to give you a rough idea of what the place looks like.  Actual maps will be drawn by me.  This will be first come, first served, but I will figure out how to get a waitlist working.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:04:15 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcrafters of ________ (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 12:40:20 am »

Spoiler: Confirmed Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:02:15 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 12:45:02 am »

Name: Kyle Johnson. He doesn't have a lisp so do not try and make it seem like he does or will.
Race: Lamia
Appearance: Tall even by Lamia standards Kyle towers over most humanoids. His fangs that peek out from his mouth and the reptilian yellow eyes add to his intimidating appearance. He his snake bits are that of a diamond back rattlesnake. He rarely wears a shirt and has a somewhat muscular build that would make some men jealous. He has brown hair and scales scattered around his body.
Personality: Somewhat flirty and very friendly. Goes berserk if someone purposely makes a joke about his snake parts.
I choose option three and will name it the Magic castle of magic.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:57:15 am by kj1225 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 01:00:14 am »

Name: Joe Bridger
Race: Elf
Appearance: Appears to be an old elf with long gray hair and an unkempt beard. Wears faded pink clothes and a battered feathered cap. His hair is full of leaves and twigs. In his left hand he carries a wooden walking stick. On his right hand he wears a leather glove, upon which perches a falcon.
Personality: Joe Bridger observes symptoms of Crazy Old Man Syndrome, including talking to himself and rambling on about things that never actually happened. He is easily provoked and if riled may take rash actions to prove a point, such as engaging in fights and intentionally injuring himself. Joe Bridger especially doesn't like it when one puts in to question his manliness and heroism, or when one makes hippie elf jokes.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 01:33:51 am »

Name: Elipilia Cygnus
Race: Wereswan, formerly human.
Appearance: Short, curly hair, yellow eyes, not much of a chin. Wears a chiton and sandals. Occasionally turns into a pretty white swan.
Personality: Very touchy about the whole swan thing, but otherwise perfectly friendly and jovial. Misses her homeland, especially the food. Curses lack of tasty fish in current climes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 01:46:41 am »

Reservation the Waiting Mage!
Nah, this is a reserve.
Also, Option 1.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 01:58:13 am »

Name: Nixus Kor
Race: Human
Appearance: A clean-shaven tall man, with brown skin and black hair, worn in a long ponytail.  Wears dark red robes, with a thick fur cloak.  Well-built, but lean. 
Personality: Very serious, with the occasional dry humour showing.  Shows a really single-minded and pragmatic approach to any problems.  His greatest wish is to improve mage-kind's standing and appearance in the eyes of the people. 

Option 1
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:08:10 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 02:02:45 am »

Name: Raul
Race: Kobold (reptillian)
Appearance: Short, quick, dark scales touched with blue.
Personality: Loyal, cunning, determined. Desires magical power, for the good of his group. Social within his group, little interest in outsiders. Clever, likes approaching problems from different angles.

I favour option 1 (Lirum) or 3 (Sanctum).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:23:39 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 02:47:48 am »

Y'all are wusses for not taking Option 5. Free combat experience and test subjects as far as the eye can see!

Name: Remrel
Race: Salamander
Gender: Hermaphrodite, though his voice sounds gruffly male (and a bit on the grumpy old man side)
Appearance: A bipedal but somewhat hunched salamander, with mostly red coloration adorned with splashes of other hues. Has very prominent "ear spike" fins, a barbel "beard," a long tail, a flexible ridge going down his back, and froglike hands and feet. Coloration changes somewhat depending on seasons, environment, mood, diet, and a whole host of other things.
Personality: Industrious and easily exasperated by perceived laziness or lack of foresight in others.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 02:50:33 am »

Y'all are wusses for not taking Option 5. Free combat experience and test subjects as far as the eye can see!
Sorry, but I'm a sucker for towers, mines, cliffs and isolation.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 02:53:15 am »

I'm voting for 5.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 03:11:05 am »

Aw, damns. I'm too late? BY LIKE HALF AN HOUR?  :'(
...Waitlist me please.

Name: Kaliche
Race: Demi-angel.
Appearance: He looks like a human, albeit an abnormal one; his hair is blonde with a white ring around the back of it, and since he's usually shirtless (when he wears robes, he lets the top half hang around his waist), his "birthmark" is always visible: a pair of angel wings on his back. He's tried figuring out how to make actual wings, but hasn't got it yet.
Personality: He's a nice guyTM, usually. But when stuff needs to get done and people are in his way, he is not nice to those people. Also when he's actually in the mood to focus on his research and people interrupt him, he is not nice to those people either. But he's a nice guy, really! (except for when he's not, but yeah) He especially likes lightning magic, since it is flashy and SO FLIPPING FAST.

Also, I pick Option 1. We shall call it... the enigmatorium
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:29:19 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 03:22:07 am »

Waitlist if possible.

Name: Olio Rasmus
Race: Skalkr; diminutive humanoids with four arms and grey skin. Their eyes are often glassy, but otherwise share the human range of colors. Their hair is almost always black. (No, not four-armed dwarves.)
Appearance: Olio looks like a normal Skalkr, with a slight limp on his left leg due to an accident that involved alcohol, a Skalkr 'improvised explosive' and raccoons. His eyes are green. He has grown a beard, with a ringlet to keep it tidy, and he is bald. He wears a brown tunic and white trousers, with a large leather apron, and he often likes to wear leather gloves and boots.
Personality: Jovial when not working. When he is working, however, he is quite concentrated, to the point that external distractions barely perturb him, except when they are life threatening. He likes to drink a copious amount of alcohol when working; most Skalkr have a tolerance for liqour matching the dwarves, if not better.

Option 5, if you please.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 04:31:35 am »

Seem I'm a little late, waitlist.

You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 07:24:42 am »

I'd like to suggest Option 2.

Shame that I'm rather late. I'll get a waitlister up sooner or later.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4