Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]  (Read 123449 times)

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 43! [Updated 06-18]
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:15 pm »

Still around Mason?

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2017, 09:25:16 pm »

Still around Mason?

Yup! checking in occasionally waiting for a new release.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2017, 08:40:09 am »

I'd just like to say that this is a very useful utility. It complements Legends Viewer well. I especially like it because it lets me see how many worshipers gods have and how many descendants a historical figure has.

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2017, 02:53:56 pm »

I just wanted to say thank you for this! I just came back to DF after a long time away and wanted to start back up again with something special - your tool helped me find the perfect civ to start in, a decimated dwarven civilization with a grand total of 62 dwarves, at war with an elven Civ of some 5000 pointy eared bastards who have ravaged our civilization in a war currently ongoing for 8 years. We, the last survivors, shall build a fort in the middle of the ocean and drown them! Also the main deity is a bobcat.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 11-25-17]
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2017, 03:31:56 pm »

Hi all!

Just released version 2.4.2 for df 44.  Download (32-bit)

This mostly incorporated parsing for all the new items:

• New Events:
    • hf prayed inside structure
    • hf recruited unit type for entity
    • hfs formed reputation relationship
    • hf viewed artifact
    • artifact copied
    • artifact recovered
    • artifact claim formed
    • artifact given
    • artifact found
  • You can now read about musical/dance/poetic forms, as that's included in the xml
  • A lot of other little additions to historical figures

It should load whatever world now, but there's a bit left to do to flesh out the new stuff:

• Work on the Export feature, which I disabled temporarily since it's not complete.
  • Display some more details about new export, including fey mood, reputations

I've ran this through about 20 different size/length world, but if anyone want to throw a world or two add it to make sure it handles it well that'd be helpful.  Thanks!

Edit: Version 2.4.2
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:38:05 pm by Mason11987 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2017, 05:44:20 pm »

Thank you!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2017, 09:51:50 pm »

I'm working on something to try to write a little bit of a story out of a civilization's history, like I have for viewing historical figures.  Lists of data and stats are good, but sometimes words are nice.

This is an example of something I'm automatically generating now when you view a civ.  Considering the entire swath of data available for me about civs, all their wars/battles/leaders/members/sites/events, let me know what you think would be a cool addition to this:

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2017, 10:08:32 pm »

Hi all!

Just released version 2.5.0 for df 44.  Download (32-bit)

This version reincorporates support for additional data from DFHack.  Included is a replacement exportlegends.lua file for the one that comes with DFHack.

Gives details about:

• Armies
  • Units
  • Buildings
  • Constructions
  • Items
  • Plants
  • Squads
  • Races
  • Landmasses
  • Mountain Peaks
  • Rivers
  • Region locations
  • Underground region locations
  • Site Buildings
  • World Construction locations (cell by cell paths for roads)
  • Including some historical event missing details from the regular xml

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2017, 10:39:39 pm »

This version reincorporates support for additional data from DFHack.  Included is a replacement exportlegends.lua file for the one that comes with DFHack.
What does it change? Is it something that should be incorporated into the DFHack version?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2017, 06:14:09 am »

just hat a look at your changes to exportlegends.lua. can you check export_sites() it seems to write the closing tag for underground_regions.
the populations you added for regions and underground_regions are in some kind of list. Wouldn't it be better to export them as separate xml elements "<population><race></race><count></count><type></type></population>?
Legends Browser - df 0.42 legends viewer for windows, os x and linux

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2017, 10:37:33 am »

What does it change? Is it something that should be incorporated into the DFHack version?

WrittenContent and the three ArtForms are now in the vanilla legends.xml since 0.44.01+. But they are at the end of the xml, instead of just before the HistoricalEvents as in the legends_plus.xml.
I already opened a pull request a week ago to bring them in the same order as in the vanilla legends.xml.
It would really help to process the two xml files parallel when they have the same order.

Additionally it would be really awesome if you could find a way to get the used and current identities of historical figures into legends_plus.xml.
There are <current_identity_id> and <used_identity_id> nodes, but this ids do not point to the strings that are used in legends mode. This strings are nowhere in the legends.xml file.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2017, 07:23:38 pm »

Thanks guys for the input!

@Karater

You're right on the underground regions tag, thanks for the catch.  my processing ignores extraneous close tags so I missed it.

I used a list format in a couple places, like river coordinates, historical figures in an entity, and a few other places.  I used them in a few cases to try to reduce the excessive size of the file that gets generated, for race populations it's probably not as big of an impact as a few other spots.  I'm fine going another route though.

@lothosor,

Honestly, I think the changes I made should be incorporated there, but I didn't want to do it myself right away, especially since I had changed so much in terms of structure to make it easier to manage, and removing/adding/changing tags.  Also, I couldn't easily pull down the dfhack code to make a pull request, I'm probably doing it wrong though.

@Kromtec,

I'll change the ordering in mine, and I'll look into the identities, I think I saw something on that while trawling through the new stuff in this version.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:09:48 pm by Mason11987 »

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2019, 02:33:52 am »

Hi all!

Just released version 2.5.0 for df 44.  Download (32-bit)

Gives details about:

• Buildings
  • Site Buildings
I'm heavily interested in getting this info in separate XML for auto generating signatures for map based on isoworld export. Can somebody help me?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]