Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 319762 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.9 with DF 40.12 - TWBT edition
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2014, 11:24:44 am »

Is there anything I can do to get the Vidumec (12x12 and 15x15) tilesets added?
Do you think they are popular enough to be worth adding to the pack, or do you just want to use them yourself and need help setting that up?
It's been downloaded from the DFFD 428 times vs. the 318 that Duerer (one of the included tilesets) has, so I'd say, "Yeah." I've been using it for years, so I'm partial to it and don't need help setting it up. It's IMHO the cleanest looking square, ASCII tileset.

Considering Duerer is about a month old, that argument is not that convincing. As I said: I need launcher support first, so I don't end up with 10+ copies of the same ASCII raws, it's already bad as it is. I 'll check if I can use some symlinks to reduce the overall size, but there' so still the matter with the tileset list inflating to unmanageable length.

Auroness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.10 with DF 40.13 - TWBT edition
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2014, 05:28:40 pm »

I just downloaded 9.9.10 and there are 3 issues I've found.

1. There is no Stonesense folder, and DFHack complains:

Can't load plugin /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.dylib

2. The Quickfort Converter won't work correctly. It loads and displays an error. Dragging and dropping files re-displays the error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Macnewbie/LNP/Utilities/Quickfort 2.04/Quickfort converter.app/Contents/Resources/script", line 11, in <module>
    import blueprint
ImportError: Bad magic number in /Applications/Macnewbie/LNP/utilities/Quickfort 2.04/Quickfort converter.app/Contents/Resources/blueprint.pyc

3. Game fails to shut down cleanly.

Plugin twbt has failed to shutdown!
[DFHack]#

/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15: 19398 Segmentation fault      DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

logout

[Process completed]

I am running 10.6.8, on a completely clean install. Quick fort worked in previous versions, but I've had the Seg fault since I started with MacNewbie 0.9.8

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »

3. Game fails to shut down cleanly.

Plugin twbt has failed to shutdown!
[DFHack]#

/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15: 19398 Segmentation fault      DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

logout

[Process completed]

I am running 10.6.8, on a completely clean install. Quick fort worked in previous versions, but I've had the Seg fault since I started with MacNewbie 0.9.8

It's a known issue, eventually I'll look into that but it's on shutdown only so not a big problem.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2014, 02:44:45 am »

@Auroness: Stonesense was crashing on 10.6 in previous (34.11) versions, so I doubt it'll work. Not loading is a different error though. Please open Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/stderr.log, search for entries with stonesense and post the results somewhere.
I have no idea about Quickfort, I haven't changed the app except for renaming it. If you see that error upon startup I'm stumped a bit, that message indicates a formatting problem with the loaded blueprint, but no blueprint gets loaded at app start.

Auroness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2014, 10:49:15 am »

from the stderr.log

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

./hack/libs/liballegro.5.0.dylib exists as a link, but there is nothing for it to link to. Actually, none of the allegro links have anything to point to.

/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.dylib does exist, right where it is supposed to be.

console message at start up

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like I am missing a library.

Regarding Quickfort, the problem is actually with Qfconvert 1.3. I never get a chance to actually call Quickfort.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2014, 12:29:40 pm »

dlopen(/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.dylib, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
./hack/libs/liballegro.5.0.dylib exists as a link, but there is nothing for it to link to. Actually, none of the allegro links have anything to point to.
Regarding Quickfort, the problem is actually with Qfconvert 1.3. I never get a chance to actually call Quickfort.
I'm going to look into this some more, but most likely it's never going to work on 10.6 due to apple . This forum post indicates it's their fault. You can try installing libc++ (first install Macports, then in the terminal 'sudo port install libcxx' ) and hope for the best, but imho your chance of success is rather low.
The allegro links are normal, if you look carefully you can see that every third dylib in that directory is the library, the rest of the files are links.
And yes, Qfconvert is the app I compiled using the quickfort sources to make it a bit easier to use on macs. I havent' touched it for a long time apart from renaming the app, so it should work like it used to. The error message you posted indicates some error in the csv/xls that the script can't interpret. If you get it at startup then it's very strange. I don't have a 10.6 mac to test, only 10.7 and 10.9. :(

Auroness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2014, 06:28:54 pm »

I was wondering if it as the 10.6 problem, but I was hoping when you fixed it for others, it would work for me. Oh well. The game works, and that is the important part!

Murdersquish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2014, 03:19:04 pm »

Is anyone seeing weirdness with Dwarf Therapist in this version? Specifically, I am running:

$ shasum Macnewbie_0.9.10.dmg
1c30eb620f592872264c8b60d1a93db557bf0f79  Macnewbie_0.9.10.dmg

and versions of the affected programs:

Dwarf Therapist 26.0.0, Compiled with Qt 5.3.1, running with Qt 5.3.1
DFHack version 0.40.13-r1
Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13

When migrants arrive, they have my custom professions in Dwarf Therapist, but not in-game (and they shouldn't because they haven't been assigned yet). People are injured or unhappy, but not when viewed in-game. So forth and so on.

The first block of the .../share/memory_layouts/osx/v0.40.13_osx.ini is:

[info]
checksum=0xef35fbe9
version_name=v0.40.13 osx
complete=true

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2014, 03:53:01 pm »

@Murdersquish: hmm, it's possible, DT got a pretty extensive rewrite with v26.0. Please check if the problem persists after reseting the user settings (File-Clear User Settings). If yes, get this copy of 25.0 and check if it works correctly. Then please let splinterz know about the problem. I see you found it. :)

sparr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »

stonesense doesn't load on OSX Mavericks for me:

dlopen(/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.dylib, 2): Library not loaded: @executable_path/hack/libs/libfreetype.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/./hack/libs/liballegro_ttf.5.0.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: liballegro_ttf.5.0.dylib requires version 18.0.0 or later, but libfreetype.6.dylib provides version 14.0.0
Can't load plugin /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.dylib

Murdersquish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2014, 05:53:00 pm »

@fricy: It may be related to two copies of DT 26.0 being launched (whether or not I launch it from MacNewbie). When it launches, one window appears and MacOS asks me for admin authority to read another processes memory.  Once I enter in the info, another window pops up and the first one hangs and as to be force-quitted.

DT 25.0 seems more accurate, but I need to re-import my wiped DT settings to see if the professions are wonkified on migrations. I won't be able to do that until much later tonight (hopefully).

infiniteunrest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2014, 04:33:51 am »

I'm seeing this too.

When it launches, one window appears and MacOS asks me for admin authority to read another processes memory.  Once I enter in the info, another window pops up and the first one hangs and as to be force-quitted.

infiniteunrest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2014, 04:35:11 am »

Fricy,

Any chance of merging in Doren's Modest Accelerated Mash?

daedmen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2014, 03:19:11 am »

I'm running 1c30eb620f592872264c8b60d1a93db557bf0f79  Macnewbie_0.9.10.dmg stonesense keybindings doesn't work, then I press a key while stonesense window in front, key works in df window.

WereSloth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2014, 06:16:22 am »

Hi all!

I'm trying to get MacNewbie 0.9.10 to run and DF keeps crashing on startup. When I click "Play Dwarf Fortress!," the dfhack window starts to run and the following message appears:

"dfhack: attempting to hook in
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15:   556 Bus error: 10           DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

logout

[Process completed]"

Then an error message - "dwarfort.exe quit unexpectedly"

Any ideas? I was running an earlier version of Macnewbie without any problems (LNP 0.5.3 w/DF 40.10). I'm running OS X 10.8.2 if that helps. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34