Poll

What Sort of Battleship Should We Buy?

Current Technology (less delay)
- 4 (40%)
End-Game (more delay)
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Let's Play: Infinite Space  (Read 105589 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Infinite Space
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2014, 08:47:00 am »

You have to admire the balls that it takes to have 50 guys on your side stopping a mob of 2,200 heavily armed pirates. It didn't end well for them, but I admire them inflicting 12 to 1 casualties going down.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2014, 08:53:06 am »

They probably should have called for backup. Still, my goodness they did a number on the crew. I'm wondering what they were armed with to do that much damage.

Also, Yuri is getting more murderous by the day. I fear for his enemies.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2014, 11:34:53 am »

They probably should have called for backup. Still, my goodness they did a number on the crew. I'm wondering what they were armed with to do that much damage.

Also, Yuri is getting more murderous by the day. I fear for his enemies.
You should.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Positive Development (Part 43)
« Reply #318 on: May 26, 2014, 05:16:16 am »

A Positive Development
New Characters: Luko
New Ships: Erebos (BB), Daphne 2 (CV), Belisana (Other)
New Fighters:

Spoiler: Fort Cadmus Redux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Long Awaited Reunion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:54:48 am by Hanzoku »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2014, 04:41:55 pm »

Posting to express interest. I picked this game up for a bit a while back, but it didn't really hold my interest. I had no clue it'd go in this direction. Just... whoa! So far, loving this LP. Keep it up!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 28, 2014, 04:57:23 pm »

Hello, SirAaron, I'm glad that you've enjoyed the Let's Play so far. Infinite Space is definitely a game that takes a little while to get going, but I can promise that the plot is only going to get even more attention grabbing as we go on.  ;)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2014, 01:58:04 am »

I just... I just don't know if this game is being serious anymore. We have people praising our hospitality after hurling them to the floor, Native American Inspired Dress wear, and your sister is not only wearing less now but she is clearly wearing a wedding veil.

It sounds like I am being a bit harsh, but I honestly thought we were just in a sort of dumb or silly section of the game (afterall Suikeoden 5 for example has a looong drawn out section about talking beavers, including one who is a punk rocker with an electric guitar) and that afterwards the game would sort of return to its somewhat serious, albeit cheesy, style.

So I always was especially jokingly harsh on it, because I didn't know that was how the game was going to be from now on. Had I only known.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2014, 06:57:30 pm »

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Kira's still wearing her old Zero-G Dog suit (or a variation of the sort; without enough proper care or given enough time, of course there would be less down the line), which was also Nia's from back in the day. Furthermore, notice her headdress? It looks oddly familiar. Something tells me this is gonna be mentioned in-game somewhere down the line, and further shipping would ensue in-game while at it.

I haven't played more of this yet, but I know it's bound to happen sooner or later.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:04:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2014, 04:01:24 am »

Ohhh...

That suit looked a lot better on Nia.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2014, 04:59:00 am »

Oh hey, I saw where I had an image repeated twice, so I fixed that. Whether this was a good thing, is, of course, a good question...

I'm really mixed about Kira's adult outfit. I think they meant for her to step in as the fanservice character to replace Nia, but she doesn't really have the attitude to pull it off the way Nia did. So you end up with everyone ignoring the fact that she's running around with an extremely low-cut top when it's so out of character with the younger Kira.

The whole wedding veil thing I always take as something done to remember Nia, given she's the only other character I've ever seen wearing that sort of thing.

Oh, and the whole brother/sister thing it going to become hilariously uncomfortable in the future.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2014, 10:03:51 am »

At least until it becomes extremely tragic  :'(
Spoiler: Actual Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2014, 04:53:30 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2014, 05:34:34 am »

I think they meant for her to step in as the fanservice character to replace Nia

I think, unless something pops up to say otherwise and since you played the game you are probably right, that the suit isn't so much for fanservice but as a way to visually indicate that she is an adult by showing her in more revealing outfits, as in something an adult would wear.

But, I am probably wrong.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2014, 04:11:57 pm »

It's a fairly logical explanation, and that was peobably their intention, but it still comes off a bit awkwwrd to me because of how shy she was when we last saw her.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2014, 08:46:18 pm »

No you are right it is a bit odd.

Because the whole "Your an adult now" trope (not official name) is rather downplayed today and when it is brought up it is done organically without dramatic changes in character because "adulthood" kicked in.

It is something more common in older works. So when we see it now, it feels like the character just transformed into a different one. Especially since we like to think part of us stays with us as we grow older.

Mind you, it is probably meant to be odd in this case... a sort of "How much time have we lost?" deal UNLESS they don't even mention it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:48:32 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27