Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 38697 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« on: August 03, 2013, 02:57:11 pm »

Two men in labcoats sit next to eachother, staring at a computer screen. "So, what do you think it is?" "I don't know, we've never seen anything like it" They argue back and forth while looking at the pictures of a mechanical arm drilling into an object stuck in reddish sand. A third man, taller than the other two by a wide margin, stands up from his chair and exits the room, shaking his head. "Did the door just open on itself?" "what? Nah, must be the wind. What do the readings say?"

Today is August the 3rd 2013, 21:00. The sun has just started setting and is casting a red hue over the horizon. "An ill omen" says the Tall man. "I know, rusty, I know" says the man next to him on the pier as he scratches his beard and takes another pull from his cigar. He puts his hat on his greying hair and tosses the cigar, "Let's just hope the seers are wrong about this". "doubtful, my old friend, doubtful..."

What is this all about?: This is my first rtd. It will at one point have a dystopian setting with magic and fantastical creatures, with maybe some cyberpunk elements. But that is for a (hopefully near) future. right now we're in august 2013, and everything is about to change. to clarify, none of you are mages yet, but I can't very weel hide the fact that there will be a magic stat, so you can just work it into your bio as being latent. 

Rules and stats and oh my!: For every action I shall roll a D6, with stat and skill modifiers.
Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic? heresey! (click to show/hide)

sheet:
Character:
Name:
biography: how do you look, what do you do for a living. Have you every made things break or set on fire when you were angry or upset, and don't know how? And what are you doing on this august the 3rd, at 21:00?
stats and skills:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:34:48 pm by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The evening anchor war: A red sun is setting
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:07:16 pm »

playerlist:
Spoiler: Patrick Hunt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kansa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BFEL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: lalasa (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:31:50 pm by Pancaek »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 03:19:43 pm »

You know, looking at the title, I thought this was going to be a silly RTD where the players play as news anchors trying to scoop each other and get the best ratings on the network. :P

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:31:54 pm »

You know, looking at the title, I thought this was going to be a silly RTD where the players play as news anchors trying to scoop each other and get the best ratings on the network. :P
Oh god, now I can't stop thinking that as well. I believe it's time for a title change. It will get silly at times though, but not quite that silly

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: A red sun is setting
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 04:07:15 pm »

I'll join, holding posI'll join, holding post.

Name : Harvey Brok
Biography :
Stat : Strength 2, Perception 1, Endurance 2, Mind 0, Agility 3
Skill : Melee 5
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:29:47 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »

Character sheet here.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 04:44:13 pm »

Here is my character

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:45:48 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 05:23:23 pm »

I'm going full on melee, since you 2 are ranged can you use some supporting magic on me?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 05:56:05 pm »

Character:
Name: Terry Rogers
biography: A young, pimply teen, Terry Rogers is in a terrible job he hates, and feels totally helpless in most of his life. His girlfriend left him for someone better, his parents yell at each other and are never home, and he gets bullied at school. All in all, Terry is an ardent torturer of small animals.
Stats: Mind: 8
Skills: Adept Magic: 4 Elemental Magic: 1

I am a horrible person to make this.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well thats going to be, interesting.

I suggest staying behind me lol.
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Well thats going to be, interesting.

I suggest staying behind me lol.
You want a repressed, emotionally damaged cat torturer WITH MAGIC POWERS NO LESS, STANDING BEHIND YOU.
I'll just let you mull that over for awhile.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In this case? Yes. At least if your behind me you won't meltdown because somebody shot you and kill me.
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to start the first turn immediatly when the fifth player signed up, but it's about 2:30 am over here now, so I'm going to sleep now. first turn tomorrow!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I'm not in-ing, but I like how depending on how you set up your character, using points on magic skills reduces your conventional skills, so there could very well be a balance of power shift in the players when magic finally shows. Think of unskilled laborers suddenly gaining magical firepower. You could truly have an almighty janitor.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This looks like a lot of fun! :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39