Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Guild of Adventurers [4/4]  (Read 4702 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Adventurers [4/4]
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 09:07:56 pm »

My thanks, good Ornegi. May the Light be with you.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2013, 09:09:16 pm »

((decide just italicizing wasn't enough)

No I have not, but I do not doubt he is already here, observing us before approaching
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013, 02:46:39 am »

The dodgy little reptilian had been peering down at his group from one of the ceiling rafters as they gathered, keeping an eye for trouble from the safety of the shadows. But when he heard this...

"...Say, have you seen the kobold?"

...he couldn't resist the temptation of a dramatic entrance.

Stilvechnik used the moment to rappel downward on a tiny, kobold sized rope, and hung upside down beside Gilthenel-all in perfect silence. He grinned and pressed a small clawed finger to his lips at the others who saw him, before tapping the Paladin on the shoulder.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:09:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 02:59:54 am »

The druid could barely hold in his laughter, glad it was not all stuffy priestly people he had to work with
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2013, 04:33:46 am »

"Nice entrance Stil, better than that time at the warlords keep."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2013, 04:36:22 am »

((I believe that this is our characters' first time meeting, unless you and the kobold know each-other already))

Alright we all seem to be here, shall pick a mission? Markus pulls out a rough map of the area and points to the TOWER I think we should try that one first

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2013, 05:32:06 am »

((I'd say since we're a 'guild' most of us know each other, unless you're a new guy))

Sil chuckled in a rusty voice, and dropped down, sitting cross legged on the table. He began talking then, for Stilvechnik was used to long periods of silence-hence, when he could, he talked constantly. Much to the gentle annoyance of his friends.

Stilvechnik actually spoke the common language more or less perfectly, though his tounge tended to linger on his strings of 'E's and be punctuated by yarking and yipping.

"The Ke-ee-ep? That was fun-Yark! You were all tied up in the corner, awaiting your turn in the dungeon-I saw the Warlord in his throne, tried to aim for his neck with my knife, plunged off the chandelier...and, ended up landing in the lap of his favorite concubine instead...lucky she thought I was cute, would make a better pet, than another prisoner...and of course, by then you had managed to cut the ropes Gil. My distraction worked perfe-ee-ctly, right? Yark yark yark!

Ahh, but I've worked on my acrobatics since then. Yip! I've even taken the spirit of the Cat as my tote-ee-m."
He said, tapping a tiny claw on the small wooden stick (hardly larger than a peg) hanging from his belt-carved into it on a small plate was an earnest rendition of a feline face, though it seemed to incorporate distinctly reptilian features-a cat wasn't traditionally one of the creatures Kobolds were used to living beside, except for eating. Stilvechnik was actually quite religious in his own way, though he didn't follow Orneg or any specific deity-his peoples beliefs tended to animism, the power of spirit animals. It was closer to the ideals which Markus proscribed. He simply believed paying homage to the spirits of certain animals granted you a share of their luck and strength, as long as you didn't expect divine intervention. A feline tended to mean fierce daring and confidence-and Sil had spent the last week gathering various bits of felines, offering them in a ritual fire, and showing kindness to local stray cats by feeding them to entice the spirit to help him.

Afterwards, he certainly felt more agile and daring.

Sil tapped the map after Markus had, but in a different spot. The CAVERNS.

"In any case, I'd like to vote for the 'Caverns of the Elements'. I love caves! Very dark and easy to hide in...and there's always de-ee-licious mushrooms around...it seems our mission here will be a specialty of mine.

No offe-ee-nse against towers, Yark! But there's bound to be Warlock badness there. Sil does not deal with Red magic very good, except for taking it apart when it's in a trap or using it in bottled up in a pretty wand."

In Sils terms, magic was simple and he used wide and general, sometimes contradicting terms-Red Magic was aggressive, often demonic, or just bad. Black related to Necromancers, or hurting others, or forcing someone to something they didn't like-but it wasn't used in as strictly negative terms as the Red, merely bad magic being justified for a good cause. Green related to magic like Markus's, or helpful magic in general, and healing magic. White he used for the terms of priests, or magic he couldn't understand. He had only used the term Blue magic once, when talking about a Kobold shaman who could turn himself into a bat-a term for magic that changed things into other things, or made ones true form difficult to perceive, either mentally or physically.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:37:09 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2013, 05:45:29 am »

OK we can have known each-other, I actually prefer that its just the necro is definitely new

Oh, I  remember you telling me about that, is that what happened? I suddenly wish I hadn't decided to go get some wild animals to attack, I missed all the excitement, and you didn't even need my help, and thats why you have taken to wearing that thing?

Markus looked more closely at the wooden face, he mentally chuckled, unusual cat, but still recognizable as such, growing appreciation for the individualism of his reptilian friend

The cavern was going to be my second choice Stil, so I have no problem with that, I was just worried about the newcomer, I am not certain of his combat abilities and the Caverns are rumored to be full of hostile creatures

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2013, 05:51:43 am »

((I like how we're Sil and Gil, we're like the fantasy community's odd couple, you being the dirty rogue and me being the stuck-up bitch paladin.))

Gilthenel put his palm to his face as Stilvechnik fantasized about caves and their mushrooms, but he did agree with the fact that he and the guild were ill-suited to face a warlock right now. Even with his skills, Gilthenel, like other warriors, were susceptible to magic.

"Wise words, Sil. I may be versed in divine magic but warlock spells are difficult to cast and even more difficult to resist.

Go to the Cavern of Elements.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2013, 06:05:40 am »

((THe way I am seeing it is Sil and Gil are the veterans, Mark has been traveling with them for a while, but not for as long as they have been together, and the necromancer (cannot remember name) is the greenhorn

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2013, 06:07:29 am »

Oh, I  remember you telling me about that, is that what happened? I suddenly wish I hadn't decided to go get some wild animals to attack, I missed all the excitement, and you didn't even need my help, and thats why you have taken to wearing that thing?

"Sil is known to e-ee-mbellish story from time to time, but that one is more or less accurate! I maybe did somethings by accident and not on purse..er, 'purpose'...and perhaps Paladin Gil could tell you more about the concubine than I in the Human words of 'poetics'-I believe he remarked on the time on her beauty-but the story is generally totally completely true-more or less.

Also, Sil has always had tote-ee-m. Sometimes it was small as a coin, a little piece of stone, other times a bundle of feathers, today a piece of wood. You did not see, Markus, because big people are often blind when it comes to small people. Which works to advantage, when one's specialty is being invisible, as is mine."
He says congenially, with a toothy grin.

"Also, newcomer needs a test, right? He will be no less dead in the cavern, than the tower-if he fails at his purpose in life. I do not want anyone to die, but where it does or does not happen is not really mine to control. In casing, where is newcomer? Trying for dramatic entrance to out-dramatic Stilvechnik?" He says, looking around.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2013, 06:12:41 am »

He is the one in the priestly garb, he does not really look like a fighter to me Markus examines him closely And I doubt a priest has much in the way of attack magic, they tend towards healing and protction Markus turns to the priest of Orneg Can you help out in battle?

((The paladin is going to be sooooo pisssed once you start doing your stuff Rem))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2013, 06:28:12 am »

"Sil would disagree, though in this casing you would be right. Dwarfy Priests are often greater warriors..."

Sil took a closer look at the Priest, who smelled really quite bad-like death.

Perhaps he worked in the local morgue?

((Huh, not sure how long the fiction of the gentle priest would last in battle. :P Which means he intends something unfriendly.

So, do we really have to play pretend, and let Remuthra likely partykill us? I'd rather not waste my time with him, then.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2013, 06:35:33 am »

((Gil is the only one who minds necromancy because its necromancy in the group, however being deceived like that makes everyone defensive, I would rather he not fight the party but I doubt he would beat all of us))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2013, 06:56:01 am »

((Yeah, but we have to 'pretend' he wont stab us in the back when it's most convenient?
I'm not saying that's what he'll do but it seems it's leaning that way...

I mean to say, party killing in a role playing game with open out of character talk is pretty pathetic. How do we defend against it when he can literally read our characters minds?))

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6