Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977158 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #4335 on: January 23, 2014, 07:59:35 pm »

Oh great. Luna is getting her own harem now.

Eh, so far mostly it seems she's just had various casual things, no actual interests :P
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: January 23, 2014, 08:01:23 pm »

Aria may count as would Jacqueline. Possibly Luna as well.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: January 23, 2014, 08:03:31 pm »

Eeeeh, she hasn't actually expressed any romantic attraction, just lots of sex. Jacq wouldn't count as of yet. Maybe at some point, not yet.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: January 23, 2014, 09:29:46 pm »

KyleXGuardian of the Wall OTP.

Also, I think Sen may have been a little harsh.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: January 23, 2014, 09:32:07 pm »

brb for a bit.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: January 23, 2014, 09:35:47 pm »

She did tell him not to worry twice. The pregnant comment probably pushed her over the edge. Probably.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: January 23, 2014, 09:36:41 pm »

Hit a bit to close?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: January 23, 2014, 09:38:36 pm »

>Depends. In game, we'll be spending a day. OOC, it depends on whether or not Kj and GWG respond.<
Not my fault I have less than an hour between class and work on Thursdays. (Accounting for travel time, I mean. Ignoring it, I have nearly two.)

I shall go to bed, fuck you elf for making a mythological trial of wisdom be answered by "the internet". Might as well make a riddle about a mousepad
What a shame that novelty is a bad thing in your eyes. Perhaps you wanted another stock riddle? How about another Hobbit riddle? Or if you wanted to go real obscure, you could rob the Pearls of Lutra!

((4th wall is a thing, making a riddle that relies on meta gaming is bad.
...How the hell does it rely on metagaming if there's an Internet in-universe?

That being said, the metaphor breaks - the internet is not a country with no land. There is no ruler, no laws, not even a sense of nationality, the internet has no characteristics of a country - by that stretch, a talk via telephone, a family, or any group of people is a country.
There is a community, however. Many communities, in fact. Bay12, GitP, Reddit, Wordpress, Twitter, Facebook, etc. They're all under one overall banner, and they need to follow laws (albeit with no "national" laws).

The markets are not caravanless either, as stuff still gets moved via some means to the trader from the producer and from the trader to the buyer.
A caravan is not merely something that moves things around; that's reason enough to doubt, but a FedEx truck is not a caravan. Caravans trade at both ends, for instance, as well as including a number of vehicles whose drivers typically share a sense of camaraderie and close-knit community.

this is why you don't make up riddles on the spot. Because some metaphors are too much of a stretch. You use them because they sound nice, but they simply do not apply. The internet is NOT the answer,

neither is the actual answer that was given "bay12 forums" - there is not even anything that can be bought here, so there is no market))
Considering that A. Elf didn't want to let the party get eaten because the answer wasn't perfect (would it be fair to have the classic Sphinx riddle failed because you said "a human" or "a person" instead of "a man"?), and B. Camille and Will got it anyways...
And, again, it was that, or use another cookie-cutter riddle, or wait hours to days for Elf to come up with a riddle that might be a bit better. It's a situation with no perfect answers, and I applaud Elf for his choice.

((Caravan is a metaphor, if Elf insists on the literal part of "dudes with camels", then it all falls apart, especialy if the solution of the riddle is modern, and "a sense of belonging" is not a country. the internet is a communication plattform, and is no more a country than a bar or a family.
Ignoring the other facts that make FedEx not a caravan and the Internet more like a country...you're demanding a metaphor for one and a literal interpretation for the other. You're being hypocritical.

"All feel my presence" does not apply either. there is a billion or more people who have not even seen a computer up close, and whose life has never had been influenced by it, at all. The metahpors of country and market might just be stretched, but "everyone feels my presence" is, simply, not true.))
And those billion people are still affected by the presence of globalization, largely driven (information-wise) by the Internet.
Besides, weren't you demanding a moment ago that caravan be a metaphor?

""Mordite. Void in purest physical form. Death to everything living." he lightly throws it to her. "Except creatures of Void, obviously. At the moment, you and demons. It can still harm them, but not as badly as creatures of Creation."
How would it affect Angel, seeing as she's a mixture of demon and human, a mixture of Creation and Void?

The guardian of the wall runs into Kyle.
Which is to say, she is a small, petite woman...made of clay and in a tunic rimmed with gold.
Which dispels my last hope of finding something Kyle can't actually seduce.

"Dunno. Bit bored. Could get food? Bit peckish."

"I assume you at least know a little on how to use them?
Those speeches look very, very similar when placed side by side, don't they?

. . .
14 point bold. Gotta remember that.

KISSU.
It's REALLY GOOD.
and REALLY HOT.
BOTH WAYS.
I get how it would be spicy, but how would the temperature have been elevated?
Pretending ignorance leads to such fun jokes.
Demons do not grow souls you idiot. If we did that then we wouldn't have need of mortal souls."
Did you miss my infodump earlier on the nature of the hellish economy? Souls are used as workers, not food or prosthetic or something.
Although...that gives me an idea for some other story stuff. *scribble scribble*

Sen gets angry with Kyle's statement and nearly punches him, "DEMONS DO NOT GET PREGNANT LECHER!" Sen then teleports near ghost using the bracelet.
If only Nuriel could hear the conversation.

Why does everyone get to go in at once?
I wanted to solve a trap by myself...
Kyle's "solutions" included flirting with a possibly-yandere wall, charging across a collapsing floor until you fell in, and solving a riddle incorrectly. If Kyle had a trap to solve all by himself, Conny would need to settle for a memorial service.

Is Kyle secretly a conduit for the Rainbow Serpent or something? Apparently one legend about it mentions it being able to enchant bodies of water so that any woman who wades in became pregnant. Sounds awfully similar to Kyle impregnating any woman who sleeps with him... you know, if bodily fluids count as small bodies of water.
Neat.
Also, are you telling me the Rainbow Serpent...ah...impregnates any women who wander into a given body? Now, that's rape powers.

there might simply be no solution, that is the problem. "The bay12 forums" at the very least should have Cyrielle swallowed on the spot
1. By your logic, Hai and Kyle should have been swallowed well before that. Why not complain about that, too?
2. Cyrielle wasn't rightfully there, and Emp was making a joke as far as I could tell.
3. The sphinx was being kind enough to accept similar answers. If Family Feud does it, why not sphinxes? Your life isn't exactly on the line on the Feud, just your dignity and maybe a few thousand dollars of winnings.
4. CAMILLE GOT THE EXACT RIGHT ANSWER!

The day Kyle finds a girl he doesn't want to flirt with will be the day I'll wait for.
+1

And if we include ships, we have pretty much everyone in Selina's harem, Selina herself, Kyle, and of course Will.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: January 23, 2014, 09:39:24 pm »

Hit a bit to close?

Well, she did have one daughter previously that she was forced to kill. She does have fear that another child will end up the same way. Probably PTSD. Probably.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: January 23, 2014, 09:44:31 pm »

I would have thought she'd know the resident chivalrous pervert would rip off the balls of any inccubi and feed then to them.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: January 23, 2014, 09:47:43 pm »

Demons do not grow souls you idiot. If we did that then we wouldn't have need of mortal souls."
Did you miss my infodump earlier on the nature of the hellish economy? Souls are used as workers, not food or prosthetic or something.
Although...that gives me an idea for some other story stuff. *scribble scribble*
I was refering to the economy part and I realized to late that I should have fully mentioned it.

Sen gets angry with Kyle's statement and nearly punches him, "DEMONS DO NOT GET PREGNANT LECHER!" Sen then teleports near ghost using the bracelet.
Well, I meant demons such as Sen. Also, Sen and Nuriel need more conversational contact besides random punches. I want to see SenXNuriel.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: January 23, 2014, 09:49:54 pm »

I was refering to the economy part and I realized to late that I should have fully mentioned it.

Well, I meant demons such as Sen. Also, Sen and Nuriel need more conversational contact besides random punches. I want to see SenXNuriel.

SenxNurielxKylexSen's childxNuriel's child.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: January 23, 2014, 09:51:34 pm »

o.O What?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: January 23, 2014, 09:52:22 pm »

Just saying what I think the logical conclusion of that pairing is.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: January 23, 2014, 09:54:56 pm »

Just saying what I think the logical conclusion of that pairing is.

The logical conclusion is incest? Or are you just making another harem for Kyle and wording it improperly?
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1030