Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977168 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5280 on: February 02, 2014, 06:28:06 pm »

How about we just silence this silly argument and focus on PLOT~

Indeed.

Dat plot.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: February 02, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »

the problem is not wether or not it will be used that way, but the problem is that it can be used that way without any penalty or repercussion. Imagine it like a brokenly overpowered gun in an FPS. Just because you can turn off the overpowered secondary fire mode and use the okayish main fire mode doesn't make the gun any less broken, nor does it guarantee that you'll whip out secondary fire whenever it damn well is convenient

also, sorry rag, but it's approaching 1 AM, so yeah, not the most convenient time for plot over here :(
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: February 02, 2014, 06:32:09 pm »

Awwww. Goodnight Akroma.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: February 02, 2014, 06:33:38 pm »

Night, Akroma.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: February 02, 2014, 06:34:11 pm »

She doesn't reply to Will due to no bracelet.
We really need to set a time of how long someone needs to be with the group before we can assume s/he got a bracelet at some point.

the problem is not wether or not it will be used that way, but the problem is that it can be used that way without any penalty or repercussion. Imagine it like a brokenly overpowered gun in an FPS. Just because you can turn off the overpowered secondary fire mode and use the okayish main fire mode doesn't make the gun any less broken, nor does it guarantee that you'll whip out secondary fire whenever it damn well is convenient
You misunderstand.
If I abused Nuriel's power to make a sun, I would be called out on it and Elf would put a stop to it.
If I abuse Will's power unreasonably, I'll be getting more people than the one who keeps arguing over everything I do that doesn't fit into her view of what I can complaining about it, and again Elf would put a stop to it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: February 02, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »

making a sun would simply cost more mana than nuriel has, it's impossible by sheer game mechanics

abusing Wills powers is not held back by mechanics, but by sheer willingness of Elf, and he has to be the most non-fuck-giving GMs I have ever seen.

anyway, I'll hang around a bit more, the only class I have tomorrow starts at 1PM, and I am too much of a huge Supernatural fan to not be immediatly interested when an angel takes a human as a vessel :D

((that being said, curse you, the plot-intro is horribly similar to mine! Oh god I hate having to wait for 7 more plots until my turn comes!))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: February 02, 2014, 06:42:37 pm »

abusing Wills powers is not held back by mechanics, but by sheer willingness of Elf, and he has to be the most non-fuck-giving GMs I have ever seen.
This is true. GOD DAMN IT ELF WHY ARE YOU RUNNING THIS GAME

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: February 02, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »

didn't say that not giving a fuck is necessarily bad.

it's just that saying "yeah so maybe my power is broken, but hey, Elf will keep me from absuing it" makes not much of a point when it was Elf who already agreed to theory = practise

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: February 02, 2014, 06:46:16 pm »

Let me repeat myself?
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: February 02, 2014, 06:47:51 pm »

Let me repeat myself?

Yes.

Oi.

Argue people.

You're bordering on full Vornar.

You never go full Vornar.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: February 02, 2014, 06:53:03 pm »

well, you posted the intro, Sen turned on the TV...and not much else happened. How to react to events we dont know about yet?

anyway, sleep time now. If this is the usual time at which Rag will run this plot, I wont be able to really participate anyway

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: February 02, 2014, 06:53:38 pm »

The only time that Elf agreed to that was when I compared it to Robert Downey Jr's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes.

And, again...let's say he's able to do all that. Let's say that Elf has abandoned all reason and care for the game. Will still has two big restrictions:
1. He has to know what he's dealing with to some extent. He's Tattletale, not Contessa.
2. He is competing with 100% superhuman badasses (who can also abuse their superhuman abilities past their limits for the same reason Will can). Frankly, at that point he needs all the advantages he can get.

Consider: When has Will contributed anything other than possibly-accelerated* exposition to the party?
*Compare to the X-Man Kylun, whose power of sound mimicry is basically useless, but the authors gave the X-Men's opponents a bunch of voice-activated locks to make him useful. On a similar principle, some--perhaps much--of the data Will digs up would have been discovered sooner or possibly later.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: February 02, 2014, 06:56:30 pm »

well, you posted the intro, Sen turned on the TV...and not much else happened. How to react to events we dont know about yet?

anyway, sleep time now. If this is the usual time at which Rag will run this plot, I wont be able to really participate anyway
Rag was on earlier, much earlier. You may yet get your chance.

Possibly. ;v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: February 02, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »

((Anyone watching TV, how much biblical knowledge do you have?))
Well, Angel is a little kid (and not in an exceptionally religious household), and Will's world's version of the Bible is kinda...different, but Nuriel should have pretty applicable Biblical knowledge.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: February 02, 2014, 07:09:02 pm »

((Anyone watching TV, how much biblical knowledge do you have?))
Well, Angel is a little kid (and not in an exceptionally religious household), and Will's world's version of the Bible is kinda...different, but Nuriel should have pretty applicable Biblical knowledge.

Nuriel gets a roll, then. I'm getting from everyone before doing the roll, though.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1030