Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 976786 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5835 on: February 05, 2014, 05:43:36 pm »

Less malice and more GMing on mornings and late nights with a full work day in between.

That, and the fact that the mechanics are vague and unsettled to begin with. Multi-action just seems absurd- it should get a damage penalty too, since you can't use your full strength repeatedly that often. At least I got him to limit the damn thing at all. :I

Oh no, I'm okay with the angels being OP, I just think that in the future, Rag should stop trying to GM on weekdays. :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: February 05, 2014, 05:46:53 pm »

so far every single action I did was ignored, sorry, but yes that makes me agitated, and when I am agitated I suddenly notice a lot more things that only further agitate me.

I mean, in this games rules are almost optional, if he wanted to just freeform the awesomeness of the broken fuck angels, sure, he can do it, but the moment he starts adding rules, he has to be consistent. And then you start noticing that the only one who benefited from the new rules, through the entire combat, has been the enemy.

I am not saying that Angels are not allowed to be super strong and so far above us that we can't really do a thing, but all within the limits of the rules. When rules start to be bended, and player actions entirely ignored (Why can't nef just tear the picture apart?), it's going to far. Even super awesome seraphim deserve a few chinks in their armor.
I mean, Duram is basicaly just standing there destroying our home and possibly half the town alongside it, while we just kinda buzz around it like flies not doing a thing, meanwhile Selesarna already killed one of us and has severly wounded several more, while not even taking damage in the tripple digits yet. There is no reason to deny us at least a few minor victories, while we helplessly watch what is basicaly a cutscene. Grand paintifying Selesarna was such a small victory, but instead of just letting the angel take the normal actions to break free (assuming 30-ish mind and 3 rolls vs 60, there is less than 100% chance of not breaking free), whoops, have a free action on top of it? why? Just so she can conveniently make all attempts at stopping Dumah fail, including an attack that Twi has been charging all battle? Without even a mind roll to resist? I have a feeling had we cast something like that, the angels would have surely had a resist roll.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:54:02 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: February 05, 2014, 05:48:22 pm »

Oh no, I'm okay with the angels being OP, I just think that in the future, Rag should stop trying to GM on weekdays. :P

That said, IN THE PRESENT, RAG SHOULD STOP TRYING TO GM ON WEEKDAYS.

Blame not on malice what can be blamed on rushing, lack of sleep and bold ideas.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: February 05, 2014, 05:50:09 pm »

I dunno, the angel seem perfectly beatable to me. The party's just been rolling like ass. Also we got an airstrike coming in soon which should fuck them up, if that doesn't at least weaken them Rag is going to talk to my fist.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: February 05, 2014, 05:51:36 pm »

The rolls have been pretty terrible, yeah. And also Rag has consistently derped in their favor.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: February 05, 2014, 05:58:59 pm »

perfectly beatable? have you even checked the statistics of the last rounds?

Asariel/Selesarna has been shitting all over it, dodging everything, criting most of the time, counterattacking quite often, dealing damage to no end, taking almost none, meanwhile Dumah has hardly even recognised our presence because we are so unthreathening.

and when there is a threathening move on the way, bam, all actions autofail
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: February 05, 2014, 05:59:55 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: February 05, 2014, 06:01:25 pm »

On a different topic, I propose a dex penalty for consecutive dodges. Dodging one or two attacks ain't no big thing, but when it's raining attacks from all directions, it should gradualy become more difficult to evade them

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: February 05, 2014, 06:08:08 pm »

Name:  Mallory Crynn
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Two words that describe Crynn well are tired and annoyed. At any given time somebody looks at him, he most likely will be scowling at whatever seems to be going on in front of him, yawning, or rubbing his eyes. Under his dark eyes are always heavy bags from his lack of sleep and his pale skin implies he doesn't get out much.  His dark hair is grown out to a medium-long length, reaching a bit below his eyes at its lowest point. Around his neck is a pair of headphones that he uses from time to time to block out the world around him and occasionally to pump him up to use his powers.  He wears an untucked black button-up collared shirt, well-worn jeans, and simple tennis shoes.

Power: Emotion-based Entropy Shaper --- Crynn doesn't quite understand how his powers work currently. All he knows is that when he focuses a strong enough emotion into one singular point in space, he makes dark energy appear which he can then shape and move at will. So far the only emotion he has gotten consistent results with is anger so he uses that the most often but as a result the energy is rather unstable when used. The energy can be condensed to form a bladed object (sword) or a pseudo-barrier (it doesn't stop the attack so much as just consumes it before it has a chance to hit him.). When used unshaped, the energy has highly corrosive qualities and eats away at most substances with ease.

Background:  He prefers to keep it to himself. The most people generally get out of him is that he was put under foster care for awhile after a problem with his family but now he lives by himself.

Stats:
Str: 16
Mag: 12
Dex: 14
End: 26
Mnd: 7

I throw blame at Twi and a few others. Mainly Twi though (all of it is on Twi).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:23:06 pm by Atnegam »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: February 05, 2014, 06:11:55 pm »

o/

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:52 pm »

o/

Goddamn it Twi, how could you do this to such a poor, innocent person?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:59 pm »

they kinda matter, at least during combat, the rest of the time you can usualy wing it.

also...he just kinda...hates stuff to death?

best power ever

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: February 05, 2014, 06:14:40 pm »

o/
\o
they kinda matter, at least during combat, the rest of the time you can usualy wing it.

also...he just kinda...hates stuff to death?

best power ever
Alright, I'll edit them in then. Yeah, anytime he uses his powers I'ma give a link to some Deathcore song. Shit is gonna get metal.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:18:41 pm by Atnegam »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: February 05, 2014, 06:32:20 pm »

Well, sleep time.

Should more turns come in, Instructions as follows:

- If at any time Hainuwele is not sure about how much time is left to the LAZOR, first action is to check

- If ETA = time needed to teleport away, teleport to the only one she knows is not close the blast radius, Will

- If ETA = enough, use all avaiable actions to debuff Selesandra, chosing from the following list, sorted by priority

- Debuff Dex, Debuff Mind, Seal Magic, Cause temporary blindness, Cause Chi leak (basicaly an infliction that causes damage over time, as if bleeding. a) because Hainuwele can't really cause heavy bleeding with a needle, and b) because such a wound is a bit harder to pluck than bloodloss, and more likely to go unnoticed)

- She will do so until the remaining Mana is enough only for a teleport to safety

- if Health < 70, teleport to safety

- if Fingerlings/Meme/Kyle/Nef = dead, berserker attack, attempt to poke Asariels glowing eye-sigil thing out (reminder, it's not a Sewing needle, but a massive 5-inch puppet needle, basicaly as long as a hand, rather thick and dangerous)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: February 05, 2014, 06:34:20 pm »

New person. You should be warned that you most likely want to make sure that if you do not want to be bound to the Void that you go out of your way to set your powers apart from it.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1030