Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977256 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15015 on: June 02, 2014, 03:53:37 pm »

btw, someone please collect the setting info things and compile them. I already did so much rule stuff, kinda don't want to have to don that too
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: June 02, 2014, 03:58:37 pm »

I think I'll leave GWG in charge of setting up Sen's Book abilities. He seems to have a good idea for it. I will begin stating and setting up Sen's paper ability.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: June 02, 2014, 04:00:46 pm »

well, the books are 20 different abilities, in some sort of *light* version. That'll eat up a ton of points surely
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: June 02, 2014, 04:04:46 pm »

Hence why I said I would leave it to him.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: June 02, 2014, 04:05:33 pm »

what about Icarus for example, whose strength and abilities depend to some extend on the body she is using (see updated post) ?

It's the same stats, the same abilities, so it's hardly an alternate form, especialy as it can't just be just switched with a transformation. It's more of an equipment upgrade
Which abilities? The different chassises? It's definitely something like a transformation, since the whole body is changing. They also have significantly different abilities. I'd say that the base would be Alternate Form, although it would have a number of Limitations imposed. We could search for them, or we could just say "there's probably a lot that we could apply" and apply the -80% maximum.
If they just had different weapons, it would be easy enough to classify them the same as we would different weapons and armor people could wield/put on, but...the Overdrive of the HYDRA unit makes that problematic. Maybe we could call most of it equipment and use various Gadget modifiers on just the Overdrive ability?

Also, why did no one inform me that ICARUS has a gynoid body now?

You can use golems for whatever job a human can do, which instantly makes them more capable than a robot.
No, you can't. Unless you're assuming that the "golems" are actually sentient, which instantly causes the price to shoot up high enough that it's cheaper to just pay a human.

They can also be used in agriculture and other fields where variations in the materials/environment would confuse a robot.
They're making more or less automated farms even today, IRL. Besides, golems have their own set of issues. The original one flooded a house when told to get water; no robot would make that mistake. Golem "programming" is too many steps removed from the core "code"; mistakes like that slip through too easily.

And the costs of making them would be much lower than a robot depending on how they're made. Given how we've established before that magical circles could be made by robots and machines, I don't find it improbable making a golem by carving runes into a material. Of course the work would have to be precise and methodical, but that's why we have golems.
You seem to have missed a couple of costs.
1. Expensive Material Components. I'm pretty damn sure any magical automatons you're going to make are going to have something of that sort...especially if you want them sentient.
2. Paying the Wizard. Magic may be well-known, but it's not common. You'd better believe that they won't go cheap.
3. The Wizard Isn't Brain-Dead. Why, oh why would a golem-making wizard make a golem that could use magic? Why would he program a machine or golem to perform the very same tasks that he and very very few others (let alone others that are available to be hired) can do?
4. Maintenance and Oversight. Golems break down, they have to be fixed or repaired. In addition, they also need to be watched like robots. In fact, they need to be watched more than robots, because of the higher chance of programming errors (plus the chance of malfunction that exists in any system).
And that's assuming that there exist golems capable of doing the tasks required. Making, say, a receptionist or salesman golem that works anywhere near as well as a human would be nigh impossible (and also expensive).

I think I'll leave GWG in charge of setting up Sen's Book abilities. He seems to have a good idea for it. I will begin stating and setting up Sen's paper ability.
Alright. Assuming we go with the GURPS option, how many PP do you want left over for your paper ability and such? Also, what books does she have?

well, the books are 20 different abilities, in some sort of *light* version. That'll eat up a ton of points surely
She can get quite a discount with Modular Abilities. (Which means she'll need to take actions to switch between them, but eh.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: June 02, 2014, 04:08:59 pm »

in case not all of the books can make it over due to limitations of that system, maybe give him a priority list of things you want in the most?

also GWG, it was all over the IC thread. Anyway, they all have the same abilities, it is just that neither the PIXEL nor the ICARUS actually can bring the ability all the way to it's full potential, despite her stats technicaly allowing it. All that changes is base damage of the weapons, and some weaknesses get removed

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: June 02, 2014, 04:12:10 pm »

also GWG, it was all over the IC thread.
Which I didn't read since it was dozens (hundreds?) of pages made whilst I was muted.

Anyway, they all have the same abilities, it is just that neither the PIXEL nor the ICARUS actually can bring the ability all the way to it's full potential, despite her stats technicaly allowing it. All that changes is base damage of the weapons, and some weaknesses get removed
Well, then it can probably more or less fit under the "equipment" function. Maybe one or two "abilities with Gadget limitations and probably another limitation that prevents you from using them at the same time (since you can't)".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: June 02, 2014, 04:14:59 pm »

well, both bodies can't really be obtained with (in the case of the HYDRA significant) obstacles to overcome first. Assuming that other characters will also find ways to upgrade their equipment along the way, that should not be so much of a problem

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: June 02, 2014, 04:20:29 pm »

At least 25PP. And she has a total 18 books. I shall list books with priority as to help you. Format for Priority=[High],[Med],[Low]

As for getting discounts, I do not mind it taking turns to switch books. However, Sen's paper ability should always be active due to it being a natural talent.

Spoiler: Sen's Books (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: June 02, 2014, 04:31:46 pm »

Oh, you forgot the book of pranks Kyle gave Sen.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15025 on: June 02, 2014, 04:36:13 pm »

Oh, shoot, you're right. dammit. How did I forget about the pixie magic...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: June 02, 2014, 04:36:47 pm »

Magic pranks are the best weapon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: June 02, 2014, 04:59:08 pm »

[author=Empiricist link=topic=130072.msg5333450#msg5333450 date=1401696362]
It fires a beam of energy particles, not actual matter. And plus the energy is moving at 0.5c, but that's still pretty fast. Fast enough to not be able to be dodged.
As to the first bit, it matters little at those speeds. Unless you're firing neutrinos, but who would make a neutrino-based weapon?
Well, if you have a rifle that fires a lethal dose of neutrinos that really good aim/intel, you'd be able to snipe people through the planet :P Probably not the most efficient but it certainly does have a degree of style.
Not exactly easy, though. Assuming that you'r sniping that person from 2/3 of the planet's diameter away, the required neutrinos increase with the square of the distance (reasonable, since that's how most things roll), and that you're firing the neutrinos in about a 0.1-degree arc (unreasonable, but I need a number), you'd still need about 1.7E-13 supernovae to kill someone with neutrinos like that. It might not sound like much, but supernovae are freaking big. Assuming the same light:neutrino ratio of a supernova, your weapon would be brighter from literally a million miles away than detonating a nuclear weapon pressed against your eyeball (WARNING! Do not try at home). (Assuming xkcd is precisely correct and a supernova from an AU away is 109 times brighter than said nuke, they have equal brightness at 1.212 million miles.)
In case you haven't figured it out yet, my point is that whatever you're using to generate that many neutrinos is probably going to be more devastating than the neutrinos themselves. (Kinda like 500-mph winds.)

This !!science!! has been brought to you by Wolfram Alpha.
[/quote]
I am and well aware of that fact. As I've said it isn't exactly, or remotely efficient :P

It's also armor that can effectively move itself which has an on board AI to assist with that.
An inefficient, imperfect AI at that. Remember how Andromalius wrote the pseudocode for the logic? Well, as with most of Cyrielle's programming, it uses RAD, trading efficient and quality for a fast development time. It's probably buggy and slower than a proper one should be.

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: June 02, 2014, 05:24:07 pm »

Here is the lore for the new world so far

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please tell me if I missed yours out.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:37:15 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: June 02, 2014, 05:26:18 pm »

that should provide ample amount to spark various non-plot roleplays, as well as detail plots etc, looking good
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1030