Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2378 2379 [2380] 2381 2382 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3023503 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #35685 on: January 30, 2014, 01:15:52 am »

Okay. Don't really give a fuck.

Marie indeed fails to give a fuck.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35686 on: January 30, 2014, 01:17:23 am »

((weiydhjlcnk, I'm going to sleep. Night!))

((Oddly enough, I was just about to say that too. G'night everyone.))

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35687 on: January 30, 2014, 01:20:26 am »

Okay. Don't really give a fuck.

Marie indeed fails to give a fuck.
Well then, I challenge you to a duel!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35688 on: January 30, 2014, 04:58:32 am »

<How can you prove it was a soul and not her making a very good representation of a person and their mind with magic?>
<I can have Silica walk up to her and ask. She is in the afterlife so that would verify it.>

<I can't prove any of those things. But I can prove that to me they are true and make sense. The whole idea of a soul that needs to go to the after life is as silly to me as Fate being a significant power.>
<The correct term is a false vacuum metastability event. Something that does indeed have potential to occur. Fate is just a name for it. Also, for argument's sake, your laser weapon makes even less sense, it consists of a laser that has enough photons exiting to push away lighter objects yet mysteriously stops after a relatively short distance with no apparent power supply. Without any use of magic.>

<Yes. I can see proof of those first two. Can't see shit saying those last three are real.>
<...You do realize these very signals get sent through Fate, right? Why do you think Annie and Wheatley can extract information from them?>

<Going up to a god and saying something like 'prove that souls and the afterlife exist' is kind of asking for bad things to occur.>

((...Kyle met Dumuzi did he not? Or Loki, who's daughter's an underworld god. The afterlife's a thing he should know about....
...and Cyrielle is POWERED by Fate. :P))
((I never heard of the first, hasn't had a way or reason to get proof on the second, and the last one doesn't mean much as Fate power=the exact same thing as magic but with more of a silly cult vibe.))
((Actually, it's based on the concept of false vacuum metastability events which are hypothetically possible. The only real variations are that it possesses some sort of will of its own like the other concepts and that the cosmology automatically prevents such events from wiping the entire universe clean of life.

Also, may I please ask why this has gone from an in-character debate to an OOC attack on my character design?

And just to pre-empt the inevitable question, it didn't so much power Cyrielle as much as it vivisected her, and replaced a lot of her (including parts of her brain) with the same sort of material Annie and Wheatley's bodies are made out of, Andromalius is what happens when certain parts flare up with power and other, less important parts (including some parts of her brain) get deactivated.))

<You all haven't proved a thing to me besides saying that I'm wrong. Prove I'm wrong, why do you know we all have souls, why do you know that there is most definitely an after life?>
<You mean aside from the fact that one of my friends lives there? If there was no afterlife, she wouldn't be able to have any presence in the world, she died and I can confirm without a doubt that her current body is not at all similar to her original in composition.>

<I'm not being stubborn. No one has proved anything to me yet.>
<I cannot provide empirical proof to the existence of Fate simply because entering such a realm is suicidal. It would go under probatio diabolica.>

((Also, did GWG really forget that Will stole Kyle's first laser gun?))
((After he unceremoniously threw it away. Will didn't even know whose it was at the time. He didn't so much steal as much as he with-held it from retrieval which is more of a gray area.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:19:17 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35689 on: January 30, 2014, 07:18:34 am »

((Yay more missed time, what's been happening? Sorry but I had a friend over, also D&D tomorrow, will try to participate  while that's happening, but no promises))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35690 on: January 30, 2014, 07:18:55 am »

"WHAT?!"
"I said good morning! Good! Morning! Lyle!"
Will sighs.

Bethany promptly finds herself a victim as well.
"GAH! What the like, fuck!?"
"At least it's not the tentacle hugs."
Will promptly retreats to avoid the semi-evitable tentacular hugging.

>Do I want to know?<
<Angel's sick, Meme ate too much candy, Marie's being herself, others are attempting to emulate her, we have a guy content to basically be Marie's teddy bear sort of limp in whatever limbs she has right now...more or less the usual. No manticore attacks or aliens or dimensional anomalies or anything.>
<Oh, and Marie apparently ticked Kyle off enough that he decided to run to some island in the Pacific. That's unusual.>

"~~Keithie-Pie~~"
*twitch*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #35691 on: January 30, 2014, 07:53:24 am »

Hainuwele has returned from China.

Alongside her come 200 fingerlings and their belongings, as well as food and livestock, to found the fingerling city-state of Yardistan. And what an industrious bunch they are. Half of them begin building field for various crops and miniature lifestock, using up most of the space in the yard, while the other half begins building cottages alongside the farms, as well as dozens of small houses in the tree in the yard. Meanwhile they will mostly sleep within the keep, and who knows how far they will be extending the catacombs below it.

Hainuwele watches over the whole thing with a satisfied smile, a gem signifying royalty now sitting in her sake-cup-helmet.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35692 on: January 30, 2014, 08:09:27 am »

Sen is standing upstairs looking outside at the new found city state in the back yard. Sen is mildly laughing to herself while drinking tea.

Yomiko is still asleep on Albrecht's bed. She mumbles something about food.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35693 on: January 30, 2014, 08:15:48 am »

Many of the Yardistani panic when they see Sen at the window, it takes a while until Hainuwele gets them calmed down and back to work.

She calls up to thw window. "Sen, don't you want to introduce yourself?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35694 on: January 30, 2014, 08:22:31 am »

Sen decides to be flashy by [15+90][13+38] teleporting in front of the back door, " 'Sup Lilliputians. I'm Sen, Demon lawyer for hell and paper master extraordinaire~ It's a pleasure to meet you all." Sen bows to them.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35695 on: January 30, 2014, 08:30:06 am »

Random fingerling who asks the inconvenient questions: "Demon? But Lady Hainuwele said she made a contract with the gods."

"Well, of course! This one here is entirely unrelated to the events of those days. And she isn't really evil either, she's more of a...clerk in hell, really."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35696 on: January 30, 2014, 08:33:42 am »

"Best damn lawyer in hell believe it or not! Granted I'm the only actual lawyer in hell..." Sen mutters the last part to herself.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35697 on: January 30, 2014, 08:35:46 am »

((I am assuming that Bethany, Marie and Lyle are watching that movie now.))

Lyle cannot decide who it sneakily cuddle up with, so he just sits there and watches the movie.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35698 on: January 30, 2014, 08:36:48 am »

"You come at a good time btw, we need to establish an income and a trade base for this city to flourish, so many of my people will soon go out and seek employment among the giants. Surely you can make sure they get a fair payment and proper working conditions, right?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35699 on: January 30, 2014, 08:37:36 am »

Neferis is still standing by the hole in the wall, with the picture frame around her neck.

Lyle cannot decide who it sneakily cuddle up with, so he just sits there and watches the movie.

Ester comes down to watch the movie as well. She may or may not drag Tobias with her depending on how he feels.
Pages: 1 ... 2378 2379 [2380] 2381 2382 ... 4748