Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4675 4676 [4677] 4678 4679 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3023591 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #70140 on: May 29, 2014, 12:24:52 am »

<Go to the toilette and teleport away, and said swordswoman will not even know you are gone until it's too late. What we need from you is to put these arias you learned to good use, to help us out in the battle. You know, where we are risking our lives.>
<I'm not sure she's listening to me. I tried to ask her why we weren't going to battle like an hour ago, so I could slip away or something. She's still sparring.>

<maybe ashley could "abduct" you will?, I would come and cause a scene, but i got a demon in my claws>
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #70141 on: May 29, 2014, 02:51:20 am »

<What, she won't let you take a toilette break? Sounds like nonsense Will. Admit it, you are just scared. And hey, that's a totaly valid reason to stay away from a battle. But don't lie to us.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70142 on: May 29, 2014, 07:32:42 am »

<Consider the organization she's part of. Consider that she decided that training is the best thing to do during a battle. Consider everything that's happened in our lives. Is nonsense so improbable?>
<An abduction would work. Probably.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70143 on: May 29, 2014, 07:45:51 am »

<She is under mindcontrole, if ARthurs explanation holds right, she won't interfer with the fight anyway, as her order is to train. Just teleport out, your cover is no longer needed. It's not like she will instantly carve you apart fro teleporting, considering you will be *at a different location altogether*. Even if she is good, she can't cut through space and time.>
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:27:14 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #70144 on: May 29, 2014, 08:04:53 am »

<Mind control sucks.>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70145 on: May 29, 2014, 08:31:39 am »

<She is under mindcontrole, if ARthurs explanation holds right, she won't interfer with the fight anyway, as her order is to train. Just teleport out, your cover is no longer needed. It's not like she will instantly carve you apart fro teleporting, considering you will be *at a different location altogether*. Even if she is good, she can't cut through space and time.>
<Requires time and concentration.>
((A, it was specifically designed to not allow cheaty teleports out. B, I'm waiting for Sanure to...you know...exist.

C, I'm bored with the direction this game has taken. "Oh there's a threat to the world? Which of our absurdly OP powers should be used to deal with it?"))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70146 on: May 29, 2014, 08:33:55 am »

((It is getting kinda boring with the plots--but it will get better after this plot is finally over with.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70147 on: May 29, 2014, 08:43:06 am »

((So far, it's the enemy with the absurdly OP powers and us mostly being ineffective.

Anyway, what kind of direction *would* you like it to take?))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:49:32 am by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70148 on: May 29, 2014, 09:52:57 am »

((No, the PCs also have OP powers. Certainly ones that screw up pretty much any plot more complex than "there's bad guy, kill him". Ashley and the bracelets; Selina, Kyle and other crafters; yes, Will; all those people who summon/deal with gods and beings of similar power; etc. And that's not getting into the sheer number of characters.
And what direction do I want it to take? Ideally, a continuity wipe. Go back to like it was in the beginning. A few characters with a few well-defined powers, fighting a superior enemy against overwhelming odds, trying to find any advantage we could that might let us win.))
Sig

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70149 on: May 29, 2014, 09:55:41 am »

((There's always the option of limiting the number of characters in a plot.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70150 on: May 29, 2014, 10:00:50 am »

((Number one: How?
Number two: That doesn't change that there are still a silly number and variety of game-breaking powers, if you want your game to be more than "kill enemies X, Y, and X".))
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70151 on: May 29, 2014, 10:03:40 am »

((No, the PCs also have OP powers. Certainly ones that screw up pretty much any plot more complex than "there's bad guy, kill him". Ashley and the bracelets; Selina, Kyle and other crafters; yes, Will; all those people who summon/deal with gods and beings of similar power; etc. And that's not getting into the sheer number of characters.
And what direction do I want it to take? Ideally, a continuity wipe. Go back to like it was in the beginning. A few characters with a few well-defined powers, fighting a superior enemy against overwhelming odds, trying to find any advantage we could that might let us win.))
((Kind of why I disappeared from this. Too many people, too many characters. It got confusing and we couldn't have a set plot anymore.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70152 on: May 29, 2014, 10:04:31 am »

((overwhelming odds can be provided))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70153 on: May 29, 2014, 10:11:12 am »

((overwhelming odds can be provided))
((But would it be fun? Would it be interesting for everyone? And that doesn't solve the end result of over 3 dozen active characters at times trying to interact.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70154 on: May 29, 2014, 10:18:28 am »

((I always said that you guys made too many chars, note how I always sticked to one, dropping Hainuwele as soon as ICARUS came about. Don't get me started about power levels :P. As far as interaction goes, I will tell you the same as everyone else - you alone decide how much interaction your char gets or not. If you want combat to be less of a clusterfuck, you may or may not decide to have one combatant, and various characters purely for non-combat, kinda like what GWG has going, Nuriel in battles, Will in non-battles. Everyone having a swarm of characters is just a stupid idea. If everyone only focuses on one, *maybe* two, suddenly it's a whole lot less clusterfucky))

edit: ((that being said, it's not always the GMs fault if a plot is not fun. Characters need to involve themselves in the plot too. I've tried to make my plots involve some characters, from players who I know will likely enjoy that kind of thing, for everyone else, there are lose ideas on plots and plotlettes at best. One can never make a plot fun for a player who sits idly and wants the plot to be served on a plater. Props for GWG for wanting to infiltrate the thing, bad props for Sanure I guess for never expanding that beyond Will suddenly giving us all the information. That was a bit dry, and I can see why GWG might be disappointed. Of course between Sanures downtimes and GWGs mutings, overlap was a bit short at times))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:23:34 am by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 4675 4676 [4677] 4678 4679 ... 4748