Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256967 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #2130 on: June 19, 2014, 05:10:54 am »

Hmm. Those things look quite nice, actually. Now, how about you two stop trying to kill each other and I'll get you alcohol to bond over.

Try to use Control Booze to get all nearby alcohol to come toward those two disagreeable folks.
Also stand up, which I'll likely need to climb up the wall to do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2131 on: June 19, 2014, 05:31:50 am »

"Okay then. We have canned goods, some vegetables probably... hmm, let's see, what else?" Eta made her way to the kitchen to check for food.

"Maybe you want some undetectable canned goods? See what undetectable tastes like?" joked Eta.

"Although, now that I think about it, that might actually be a good experiment. I met another wizard today that gained his magical powers by eating doughnuts with magical cocaine in them. Who knows what magical canned goods will do?"

Check kitchen for food. Tell Lois what's available, in case she has a preference for something.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 19, 2014, 05:57:04 am »

Hmm. Those things look quite nice, actually. Now, how about you two stop trying to kill each other and I'll get you alcohol to bond over.

Try to use Control Booze to get all nearby alcohol to come toward those two disagreeable folks.
Also stand up, which I'll likely need to climb up the wall to do.

You decide to harness the power of alcohol!

[Your affinity roll: 6-->2+2]

Your eye twitches, your toes wiggle, and you feel that something very important just happened. There is booze around the area - inside the hotel rooms, within the backroom, out by the reception, including the bottle that hit you in the head, and some in the nearby houses - all at once, you order it to converge on these two lovebirds!

Bart, meanwhile, pays no mind to this and begins to step closer to Joanie.

[Bart's finesse roll: 3]
[Joanie's finesse roll: 1-->3-1]

He gets in close and prepares to fire, this time more injuriously.

[Bart's finesse roll: 4]
[Joanie's body roll: 6-->3+1]

He shoots Joanie in the small of her back, missing his original target due to her squirming, to which Joanie responds rather violently, the pain seemingly putting her into a more survival-oriented mode.

[Joanie's affinity roll: 5+2]

She flops on the ground, retches a little, and suddenly a massive amount of cocaine shoots out of her mouth, flying upward and spreading throughout the room!

[Your body roll: 1-->6-1]
[Bart's body roll: 3+1]

You are most disappointed when a distressing amount of it gets into your eyes, causing them to burn and feel really bad, effectively blinding you! You can't see anymore! Not that it matters all that much - the booze is deployed, and you don't need eyes to see how it all impacts the two individuals before you!

[Bart's body roll: 5+2]
[Joanie's body roll: 4]

Neither of them are hit by any of the bottles that made it this far, though they're both now bathed in a mixture of various alcohols! And what's more, you think your abilities of booze control still work to a degree! You can sort of sense where it is, and you think you might be able to move all of it now, though how well you'll be able to do so is a question of debate, naturally.

"Okay then. We have canned goods, some vegetables probably... hmm, let's see, what else?" Eta made her way to the kitchen to check for food.

"Maybe you want some undetectable canned goods? See what undetectable tastes like?" joked Eta.

"Although, now that I think about it, that might actually be a good experiment. I met another wizard today that gained his magical powers by eating doughnuts with magical cocaine in them. Who knows what magical canned goods will do?"

Check kitchen for food. Tell Lois what's available, in case she has a preference for something.

"I've never actually eaten canned goods, so I guess I could have some of those."

Aside from what you bought - canned tuna, canned ham and canned pineapple - you have quite a bit of fresh food, mostly fish in the meat department, some greens, a whole lot of peas, plus a few tomatoes and bell peppers, and a whole bunch of spices that you got for style's sake but never actually use. Lois has no opinion on any of this, being largely unfamiliar with food in general.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 19, 2014, 06:15:36 am »

Ooooooowwwwwww. Dammit, now I can't see you two reconciling.

Using Control Booze, get a blob of alcohol to come gently over to my eyes and wipe the cocaine out of them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 19, 2014, 06:30:09 am »

Ooooooowwwwwww. Dammit, now I can't see you two reconciling.

Using Control Booze, get a blob of alcohol to come gently over to my eyes and wipe the cocaine out of them.

You move a blob of alcohol to your eyes to properly sterilize them, finding that it proves to be a wonderful solvent for the stuff, especially when you can remove it afterwards! And now you can see the two wizards... fail to reconcile. Huh.

[Joanie's finesse roll: 1-->5-1]
[Bart's finesse roll: 1-->6]

Though both are confused, Bart acts quicker, pointing his gun at you!

[Bart's finesse roll: 3]
[Your body roll: 6-->5-1]

And he manages to almost miss you, shockingly enough! The bullet grazes your adipose tissues around the abdomen, shaving a bit off your lovehandles, and you do start to bleed a very tiny bit, but you're hardly worried just yet.

[Joanie's affinity roll: 5+2]

Joanie, quite ill-disposed to Bart presently, attempts to fire off another spell quite successfully - rising to her feet, she spontaneously emits massive amounts of that eldritch hair-growing stuff again!

[Your body roll: 2-1]
[Bart's body roll: 3+1]

Bart barely manages to turn sideways, getting one side of his face covered in that barbed hairy stuff - you are not so lucky, and now your front looks exactly like your back! You are blinded once more, and somewhat miffed by the way these tentacle hairs tickle quite badly!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 19, 2014, 06:31:10 am »

"Bother. Mr Reubens, I think I should probably stop now! Er. What the hell is that thing? How do we make it shut up?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 19, 2014, 06:33:41 am »

"Bother. Mr Reubens, I think I should probably stop now! Er. What the hell is that thing? How do we make it shut up?"

"That there's an angel! Show it who's boss, and I'll give you my blessing!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2137 on: June 19, 2014, 06:55:13 am »

Unfamiliar, you say? Than let us prepare the most exquisite meal ever! Or at least the best I can with those ingredients...

"Hmm.. I have an idea. But cooking this might take a while. You might want to do something else while I cook, like trying some magic. Or maybe eat some pineapple to sate your appetite if you're really hungry."

"Just warn me if you're going to try shooting something. Maybe you could prop up the mattress and use it as a target? You know, since we won't be sleeping here. At least not for the near future."

For the main dish, let's do fish with a side of peas.
For a salad, cut some greens, tomatoes and peppers and put them in a bowl. Add some canned tuna (not too much though, just enough to give taste and so that there are some more chewy bits in the salad), vinegar and cooking oil (for the taste) if I have them.
Also put some bread or cheese on the table if I have any.

If only I had some rice or some  kind of sauce to go with those peas...

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: June 19, 2014, 09:20:38 am »

"Whoa Nelly, that sounds like the sound that sounds when something important happens!"

Turn around, see who entered/exited. Go inside if I can't see who it is from here. Ask them if they are or know James

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 19, 2014, 09:55:11 am »

"NOPE."

Back right on out of heaven!

He looks at the blessing-hand again.  "So uh... how would one get to these heavens?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:47 am »

Eta, developing an interesting idea for what to serve her friend, proposes that she find something to do while good stuff happens.

"Hmm.. I have an idea. But cooking this might take a while. You might want to do something else while I cook, like trying some magic. Or maybe eat some pineapple to sate your appetite if you're really hungry. Just warn me if you're going to try shooting something. Maybe you could prop up the mattress and use it as a target? You know, since we won't be sleeping here. At least not for the near future," she says, and Lois shrugs, wandering off to another corner of the apartment and lighting a match.

Now that Lois is appropriately distracted, Eta gets to work, preparing a variety of dishes all at once. The fish and peas she starts with, though she finds that she'd probably have an easier time of this if she had soaked the peas beforehand, but what can you do. As it is, it's pretty slow going, so Eta immediately begins preparing a salad, mixing roughly equal proportions of greens, tomatoes, peppers, canned tuna, vinegar and cooking oil and working the result over with an egg beater to what may or may not be perfection, given the materials.

While the peas are still not boiling, she adds some interesting types of bread and cheese, both of which she happens to have stocked plenty of for exactly this sort of occasion, and lets the cheese warm up for serving. Meanwhile, she returns to the fish, a rather large sort of herring, and quickly gets the good bits out with a knife and plops them on a well-oiled frying pan, achieving a result of some well-done fish bits in no time at all. Loading all of them on a plate, she notices that the peas still don't seem to be boiling, though this probably isn't all that much of a problem, right?

John is alarmed, but intrigued by this sound! Could it lead to good things, mayhap?

"Whoa Nelly, that sounds like the sound that sounds when something important happens!" he says sensibly, and looks at Bernski's - looks like they've got a broken window, by the way, looks kind of nasty - John wanders up to it and looks inside, and finds that he can see inside quite well! And indeed, somebody now appears to be inside - a man of about his age, with messy blond hair and a gray windbreaker, sitting around in a booth a little nervously. John hollers at him to check if that's who he might be looking for.

"Hey, you James?" he shouts through the hole in the window, trying most intently to say it clearly and trip over his own words. The man looks at him dully for a second, then nods.

"Yeah... I'm James, yes," he says.

"Great! Fantastic!" John replies, and stumbles into the diner, shuffling along until he's reached the man, at which point he nearly collapses into the seat opposite him and leans forward like a less drunk man would on a date. "So... uh... yeah," he says, and James doesn't seem quite sure what to make of this.

"Uhm... do you know what's going on around here?" he asks after a moment, looking around the place.

Larry, in his time, has seen TV documentaries about giant bird things with disemboweling claws, and has plenty of personal experience with potato vortexes, all of it either bad or at least something he wouldn't care much to repeat. So he has but one word for all of this.

"NOPE," he says firmly, and returns to the mortal world entirely. Oddly, just as he does so, the portal closes. Larry wonders if he didn't just narrowly avoid being cut in half, or whether the portal was just feeling polite today. Though he is not willing to ponder this for very long, as he has more pertinent metaphysical quandaries to actually get good answers to.

"So uh... how would one get to these heavens?" he asks of his blessing hand, which immediately answers despite not even being in heaven anymore.

"Well, to be honest, you're well on your way already. Don't let people tell you what to do, do what seems right after a bit of thinking, make choices on your own, think twice about following your heart when there's cooler impulses to take advantage of, don't be a slave, think and spread knowledge and general awesomeness! Those are the key ideas at work, pretty much. You usually need to die before you go to one of these heavens, but there's also alternatives. Ascension! Exaltation! Apotheosis! That kind of thing, pretty much."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 20, 2014, 05:07:18 am »

”Okay. Sounds like a deal.”

Cast Hairy Mafioso Barrier, then Stupid Desk Shield (both to protect me) then blast a distracting Potato Vortex at the so-called angel before running at him – as soon as he’s in vision range, OPEN THE KILLER CENTREFOLD IN HIS EYES!

((apologies if this is too much at once, I just got battlefever))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: June 20, 2014, 07:38:37 am »

"I have no idea what is going on here. But I don't particularely care, either. I'm more interested in why you wanted to meet up with me. Because gods above know that I need something to do right now."
John leans back into his seat and steeples his hands
"So tell me, James, what can I do for you?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 20, 2014, 08:07:21 am »

"I have no idea what is going on here. But I don't particularely care, either. I'm more interested in why you wanted to meet up with me. Because gods above know that I need something to do right now."
John leans back into his seat and steeples his hands
"So tell me, James, what can I do for you?"

"I don't know. I came here... and I was hoping to find Mary, but... I don't know. I feel strange, and I'm... I just don't know. You're the first person I've seen today, and I thought you'd... know something, maybe."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 20, 2014, 08:11:50 am »

"Hmmm. It seems to me like you've got a bad case of the magical heebie jeebies. I'll need to feel around inside of your very being to see the problem."

John holds out his hand

"Grab my hand, I might be able to pinpoint your problem"
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 244