Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255168 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2013, 04:55:11 pm »

Action: Having learned the basic skills of skirt shushing through sheer determination, Kat fist pumps the air.

She continues along this vein, attempting to create her own silencing spell instead of going back to the crazy folder.

Spoiler: Kats Stuff (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2013, 07:31:10 pm »

Touch a convenient potato.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2013, 02:06:34 pm »

Halesey opens up his can of whatever, finding it to be full of a pinkish-brown meat-like substance that smells positively awful.

He eats it anyway. It's actually a bit better than it smells, though it still makes him feel like his mouth needs a hot shower afterward. It is at this point that he becomes quite glad that he has the folder tucked safely away underneath his clothes - much safer that way. Less prying eyes, yes.

He politely asks the group where a man who is tired beyond his years can crash in his journey through this crazy thing we call life.

The mumblers don't seem very talkative. One of them, the guy with the guitar, looks up at him and shrugs. Halesey's eyes wander along the group, stopping on the strange woman, who seems to be asking him a question.

"Who are you? You look new. Are you one of the druggies?"

Well, that's terribly blunt of her.

Kat, feeling that this is quite the triumph on her part, fist pumps the air like a true winner. Feeling like she's on a roll, she decides to take it one step further, trying to devise a spell entirely on her own!

However, try as she might, the magic just doesn't happen. Damn. And she felt so good about this, too.

~Baby, ya can't do magic like that. It's not the way o' things. Too ineffable for ya, see?~

Larry, unsure what his hand might do now, grabs a potato with it. The glow immediately passes along to the tuber, at which point it starts to feel oddly... viscous. And stretchy. Huh.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2013, 02:25:42 pm »

~I would like to point out I just magically silenced that skirt I had just magically loudened. Ergo, I've developed an entirely new facet of the spell that was not originally intended.~
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2013, 02:29:13 pm »

Hmm... interesting.

Manipulate the teatato.  See if I can see through it or stretch it or whatever.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2013, 02:29:42 pm »

~I would like to point out I just magically silenced that skirt I had just magically loudened. Ergo, I've developed an entirely new facet of the spell that was not originally intended.~

~Naw, baby, that's just you dialin' down the enchantment. You can do that if you've done the thing all nice-like. You can also dial it back up. Just gotta get used to it, y'know?~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2013, 02:47:23 pm »

"No ma'am, I just lost my job 'cos my new boss had something against all the English people comin' over and stealing his nephews' jobs or something, I dunno, I guess he was crazy and we kinda fell out. He kept saying I mumbled but that ay true. So I spent the last six weeks looking for something but there's not real bike shops or anything round here hiring and-

Sorry, guess you don't want my life story eh. No, I ain't a druggie and I try my best not to drink. Like a smoke now and then which I guess is a little backwards, but you know...

Look, I don't wanna be any trouble and if you don't want me round here I'll leave, but if I could just sleep indoors tonight that'd be sweet. I ain't here to freeload neither."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »

~Naw, baby, that's just you dialin' down the enchantment. You can do that if you've done the thing all nice-like. You can also dial it back up. Just gotta get used to it, y'know?~

~So, who determines the rules of magic, then? By it's nature, there's no logic to what I'm doing-time travel alone breaks nearly all the rules of physics into flinders. Are you telling me there's limits to the supernatural?~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2013, 03:23:36 pm »

"No ma'am, I just lost my job 'cos my new boss had something against all the English people comin' over and stealing his nephews' jobs or something, I dunno, I guess he was crazy and we kinda fell out. He kept saying I mumbled but that ay true. So I spent the last six weeks looking for something but there's not real bike shops or anything round here hiring and-

Sorry, guess you don't want my life story eh. No, I ain't a druggie and I try my best not to drink. Like a smoke now and then which I guess is a little backwards, but you know...

Look, I don't wanna be any trouble and if you don't want me round here I'll leave, but if I could just sleep indoors tonight that'd be sweet. I ain't here to freeload neither."

The woman looks at you slightly disinterestedly. Her suspicious look seems to have been replaced by a slightly more uncaring one.

"Eh, do what you want. Can't stop you, anyways."

~So, who determines the rules of magic, then? By it's nature, there's no logic to what I'm doing-time travel alone breaks nearly all the rules of physics into flinders. Are you telling me there's limits to the supernatural?~

~Yeah, babe. Exactly. Everything's got a limit. It's... well, how best to explain this? Hm. Well... there's one thing ya don't quite seem to get 'bout magic - yer usin' it, but it ain't yours, strictly speaking. Not the real magic, anyways. I do the real magic, and your pretty little brain just fishes bits out, y'know?~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »

~All right, so I'm just borrowing the magic from you. I'm going to assume you have no reason to lie to me that I can know, so I'm just going to trust you until otherwise.

The question is, who are you?

And thanks for complimenting my brain, I think,~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2013, 03:43:26 pm »

~All right, so I'm just borrowing the magic from you. I'm going to assume you have no reason to lie to me that I can know, so I'm just going to trust you until otherwise.

The question is, who are you?

And thanks for complimenting my brain, I think,~

The voice is quiet a moment.

~Can't really say who I am, baby. And I gotta say, your brain's the best part about you - it's the one that has the actual magic in it, yeah?~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2013, 04:05:57 pm »

~Alright, so you can't say who you are-can you tell me why you can't?~ She said, blatantly fishing for information now.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:48 pm »

This wasn't going too well. Elizabeth felt like she was stuck. How could she try to advance the situation...

'What are you?' The most urgent question. But also one that she certainly wouldn't get answered.
'Why are you granting me magic?' Also kind of an hot topic. An interesting question whose answer could be a vital puzzle piece, but... that might be too intimate? Hm.
'What is magic?' She'd either get a smartass answer or none at all.
'Why does my magic seem so random? I kinda expected proper spells, like a Fireball or a Sleep Mist...' Also out of the question. Could easily be misunderstood...
'Where are you?' Hm... certainly an interesting one. But, would it be answered? ...

Say, would you care for some tea? Could I send you some, somehow?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2013, 12:52:10 am »

~Alright, so you can't say who you are-can you tell me why you can't?~ She said, blatantly fishing for information now.

~Naw. Them's the breaks, sorry.~

Say, would you care for some tea? Could I send you some, somehow?

~not really. i can't actually drink tea myself.~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2013, 11:34:24 am »

After eating wander about the factory - if anyone asks I'm looking for somewhere that looks better than just a floor to sleep on. Try to discern any magical feeling as I wander, and help this by putting my hand up my hoodie to have the palm in full contact with the pages of the binder. If I find somewhere that seems to fit, and if I can be mostly sure that no one can see me or catch me at it, take a bean out of my hand and try to Displace Bean, say about ten feet.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 244