Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256049 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #330 on: October 09, 2013, 11:46:05 am »

"That was fairly impressive! What do you call that maneuver?"

"Emit Eldritch Minoxidil! Show me what you can do, now," she says, indicating the three fearful dudes sneakily approaching their fallen brethren.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2013, 11:59:36 am »

((I wonder which random spell generator is Harry using, becuase I just can't believe that someone could come out with these weird and completely unrelated words as spells.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2013, 12:06:58 pm »

((I wonder which random spell generator is Harry using, becuase I just can't believe that someone could come out with these weird and completely unrelated words as spells.))

((This is a generator I made myself, inspired by this gem. Well, more of a chart, anyway. Unlike the Grimoire of Questionable Spells, though, this chart was made with gameplay in mind.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:31 pm »

Action: Throw a giant tobacco boomerang on them!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 09, 2013, 12:25:38 pm »

((The gameplay part I could figure out, as apparently there are no overpowered spells, and certain materials, like money, are apparently excluded, as that would cause serious balance issues. So far I'm enjoying the ridiculousness of this randomness))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 09, 2013, 03:25:48 pm »

Push on. Complain about mop golems.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 10, 2013, 02:12:40 pm »

The three wizards of no particularly distinguished status, Halesey, Larry and Elizabeth continue on their quest, ready to unleash complaints, deadly musical garbage and filthy mucus alike as they make their way into the room. Yep, leyline's definitely here, though it is difficult to see for Halesey and friends, what with all the glowing pigeons in the way.

Suddenly, there is the sound of something coming into existence.

[Elizabeth's finesse roll: 4-1-1]

Following this sound, Elizabeth is hit by something! A man, from the looks of it! He rockets into Elizabeth, sweeping her off her feet and knocking her to the ground while clutching her tightly in his arms. He looks her in the eyes earnestly and without hostility.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, miss, but you are going to die. Not today, in all likelihood, but sometime in the future, definitely. And there is nothing you can do about it. Nothing at all. Your life is quite meaningless, miss. Are you aware of this?"

That's unusual.

Kat, quite prepared for exactly an occasion like this, tries to unleash her trusty (at least, she would assume it to be trusty) giant tobacco boomerang at the poor dudes at the bus stop.

[Kat's affinity roll: 5]

Suddenly, a giant, rapidly spinning boomerang about the size of a car spins into existence, flying off at incredible speed!

[Kat's finesse roll: 5]

It flies at a curve, heading for the three men unerringly at Kat's behest!

[Three Remaining Dudes' finesse rolls: 5-1, 4-1, 6-->5-1]

Only one of them can duck fast enough under the boomerang, the others getting partially clipped by it during its flight!

[Dude 3's body roll: 3]
[Dude 4's body roll: 5]

One of them topples over, having been knocked off-balance, but is well on the way to recovery almost immediately! The other, however, keeps on his feet, only slightly disturbed by the hit. The boomerang, knocked off its path by the impacts, sails into a nearby law, falling apart almost immediately.

"That sure looked cool. Doesn't look too effective, though! Watch this!"

Perfidy taps her forehead for a moment, then splays her hands outward. Immediately, something strange pops into view - a tidal wave of white, powdery creatures covered in spikes blasting forward at the men. They hardly have any time to react, having been distracted by Kat, and are hit full-on by the thing, blasted off their feet.

[Three Remaining Dudes' body rolls: 5, 5, 5]

All of them are smashed into a nearby wall, but they don't seem to mind too much for some reason. It's pretty strange. They cough and sniffle as they get up from their new positions, covered in the powdery substance, the creatures having disintegrated by now.

"Sweet, eh? Now you try something!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 10, 2013, 03:59:24 pm »

"Who the hell are you?  Turn these damn mops off!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 10, 2013, 11:31:36 pm »

"Who the hell are you?  Turn these damn mops off!"

"I can't. Nobody can."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 11, 2013, 07:11:25 am »

"Er, well, you know this kind of isn't the right place or time for philosophical discussion and could you please get the hell of my chest and who in the name of the nine rings are you anyway?!"
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 11, 2013, 07:30:14 am »

"I know an alternative potato based dimension which, if it can't turn off these mops, can certainly store the buggers! What do you say, vertical friend? Eh, Larry?"

During a lull in discussion raise a Stupid Desk Shield.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:37:40 am by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 11, 2013, 07:38:42 am »

"Er, well, you know this kind of isn't the right place or time for philosophical discussion and could you please get the hell of my chest and who in the name of the nine rings are you anyway?!"

"Does it really matter who I am, miss? Names are but a passing thing, just like life. Your name will be forgotten in time, as will mine. In the end, both of us will become dust, the very fact that we existed effectively removed from this cruel earth. It sounds bleak, miss, but it is only the truth. This truth is why I do not feel a particular urge to move from this spot or position. In the grand scheme of things, I am but a fleck of dust, as are you."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 11, 2013, 07:44:23 am »

"Then we shall call you Tim. It's cold outside and we'd like a place to stay for the night. Do you object, o Tim?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 11, 2013, 07:50:42 am »

Action: Blast them with rogue bolt! Because Crazy!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 11, 2013, 07:58:36 am »

"Then we shall call you Tim. It's cold outside and we'd like a place to stay for the night. Do you object, o Tim?"

"Not my place to grant permission. I am afraid I am entirely inconsequential."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 244