Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256209 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #345 on: October 11, 2013, 08:37:52 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

"You can't?  Right- it's time for plan distraction.  AND NO FUCKING POTATOES!"

Evoke some serious mucus all over the floor.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 11, 2013, 08:40:57 am »

"Oh. Okay. So, you like this leyline, eh? And seriously Larry, I've got the potatoes totally under control, it's only out of respect for your feelings that I'm not evoking potatoes right now. Anyway, I'm more into musical garbage nowadays, potatoes are so... this morning."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 11, 2013, 08:45:31 am »

"Oh. Okay. So, you like this leyline, eh? And seriously Larry, I've got the potatoes totally under control, it's only out of respect for your feelings that I'm not evoking potatoes right now. Anyway, I'm more into musical garbage nowadays, potatoes are so... this morning."

"I have no opinion of the leyline, whatever that may be. Very few things really interest me, to be honest."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 11, 2013, 10:02:49 am »

"Oh. Right. Sounds like you got the wrong end of the whole enlightenment thing there dude. Well, would you mind coexisting in peace with us for the time being so we can rest and stuff?"

Halesey turns to his comrades.

"Hey, can you watch over me for a second or two whilst I, like, commune? Cheers boets."

If Tim agrees to non-violent coexistance and my homies agree to keep watch, open my magic folder and commune! Inform it that we are at the leyline! Open my mind!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 11, 2013, 10:34:10 am »

Non-violently persuade Tim to not sit on my goddamn chest.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nunzillor

« Reply #350 on: October 11, 2013, 06:03:34 pm »

Tim is goddamn hilarious.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 12, 2013, 05:33:35 am »

Halesey, ever the cautious one, tries to raise a stupid desk shield to protect his person effectively.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 6-->5-1]

And a shield thus materializes, desks swirling rapidly around Halesey, their surfaces painted by people who must have been deaf, blind and with no notion of what a desk even was, let alone with any idea how to paint it. Halesey's quite glad he can barely see anything outside of it, because it would mean that people could identify him as the shield's occupant.

Larry, meanwhile, starts evoking mucus, ready for violence to erupt.

[Larry's affinity roll: 5+1]

He raises his hands, and something begins to bubble within his nose. It's a very ticklish feeling as well as outlandish, and Larry huffs a few times, then lets loose a mighty sneeze, a huge torrent of snot erupting from his nostrils and hitting the floor with a loud noise. The mucus splashes and spreads along the room, filling it to about ankle height with the filthiest damn mucus that any of the people present have ever seen. It lasts for a good half a minute before Larry stops, taking a deep breath and looking around for a handkerchief.

Elizabeth isn't quite sure, but she thinks she sees Tim brighten up for a moment as he realizes that he has been spared most of the stuff - she also realizes that this is because he is on top of her, and her hair is currently full of the disgusting sludge that just erupted from Larry's nostrils.

That would be about an 8 or a 9 on the general 10 point 'ew' scale, she'd say. This increases the urgency that she needs to get up, she believes.

"Tim, I'm going to need you to get off my chest."

"Why, miss?"

"I'm currently lying in a pool of my colleague's snot, and it is most distressing. I'd like to get up."

"Perhaps you can view it as a learning experience. Learn to let go of your apprehensions, miss. It is liberating, or so I hear. Wouldn't know myself, though."

[Larry's finesse roll: 5-1]

Elizabeth then notices Larry, as if by instinct, leap aside as a man flies past him, attired similarly to Tim. The man flies into a mop golem, resting comfortably within the soft bulk of the creature, who does not move at all.

"Mmph gmph hmphlgmph," the man says, clutching onto the golem, who evidently cares not for any dialogue.

Kat, going in for a pound now that she's in for the penny already, tries her next spell.

[Kat's affinity roll: 5]
[Kat's finesse roll: 1-->3]

She intuitively grasps the moves of the spell, twisting in the air as she unleashes the destructive potential of magic!

This twisting, jerking movement carries with it the unfortunate side effect that she does not know quite where she's aiming. It just so happens to be roughly in Perfidy's direction, unfortunately enough.

Somewhat more fortunately, the bolt that appears is made of a strange, pinkish, powdery material.

[Perfidy's finesse roll: 4]

Perfidy ducks as the bolt passes her, and is totally unharmed. The bolt hits a wall, at which point it erupts into a small, pink cloud that subsides quickly enough, forming a patch of pink mud at ground level.

"Don't aim at me, goddamn it! Makes me twitchy!" Perfidy says with what seems like frustration. She turns to the dudes still standing, who look quite unsure of what to do, then to Kat again.

"So, got anything else aside from dinosaurs, or was that it?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 12, 2013, 06:09:43 am »

"Nice work, Larry, I think you showed 'em we mean business, and they are clearly hostile. We can't let the feckers just dive all over us, let's get 'em!"

From within the safety of my desk shield, Prepare a Musical Garbage Blast!"

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 12, 2013, 07:00:57 am »

Escape the pin by means of calling frozen napkin portals on the palms of my hands, and then napkinleafblowing the inconsequential person off.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 12, 2013, 02:09:28 pm »

*snoooooort*  "Oh man, did not expect that."  Larry dodges suddenly.  "HEY!  Any more of you assholes in here?  One more and I'm going to unleash my own golems up in here!  Then we'll have a right brawl!"

Prepare to cast some trouser golems.  Go ahead and cast it if I am attacked again.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 14, 2013, 12:09:47 pm »

Kat shrugs.

"For some reason, I can only remember four spells at a time-I think I messed up my stat generation.

I can also make dinosaurs explode, anyway"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 14, 2013, 01:23:26 pm »

Within the room with the leyline, Halesey is struck with the grim truth that things seem to be getting real.

"Nice work, Larry, I think you showed 'em we mean business, and they are clearly hostile. We can't let the feckers just dive all over us, let's get 'em!"

In preparation for the getting of feckers and fecker-like beings, Halesey begins to prepare another blast. It bubbles within his mind, ready to explode outward at the slightest provocation.

Elizabeth, who is lying down nearby, abandons her useless words and prepares to remove Tim the only way she can think of how - via frozen napkins!

[Elizabeth's affinity roll: 5+1]

A small, yet highly forceful rip in reality opens up on her left palm, spewing forth vast amounts of napkins that she immediately points at Tim in the interests of her own freedom.

[Tim's body roll: 4]

Tim unaffectedly hangs on to Elizabeth in what seems almost like a weak hug, the frozen napkins pelting him all over his body. He becomes even sadder-looking, something Elizabeth did not think entirely possible.

"Go ahead and abuse me. I don't mind. Some days I get the feeling I was born for that sort of thing. Those are the good days, when I get at least some idea that I may be fulfilling a purpose of some kind," he solemnly narrates as he, along with Elizabeth, are both getting slowly buried in a mountain of napkins and her acquaintance's plentiful, horrendously disgusting mucus.

Larry, meanwhile, engages in warfare of his own sort.

"HEY!  Any more of you assholes in here?  One more and I'm going to unleash my own golems up in here!  Then we'll have a right brawl!"

He then prepares a spell to cast - a beam of trouser golems to fire at his leisure! However, looking over his own shoulder constantly to watch out for dudes flying at him is a bit distracting, unfortunately. He doesn't attain a lot of progress, in short, before yet another dude flies at him suddenly.

[Larry's finesse roll: 6-->2]

He catches the flying dude, possibly to get some answers, nearly bowling over as the man proves heavier than he looks. Losing his footing for a second, Larry lands on top of the man, who stares at him without even a hint of worries beyond those of the most remote, existential sort.

"May I ask what you are doing, good sir? You do not have to tell me, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't. Not at all."

Kat shrugs at Perfidy's question.

"For some reason, I can only remember four spells at a time-I think I messed up my stat generation."

"I know, right? I can only get four as well so far. I think Archie thinks I'm stupid, to be honest."

"I can also make dinosaurs explode, anyway"

"Awesome! You can make fireworks!"

She looks over at the three dudes, who still haven't moved much. They seem to be trying to clear off the whitish powder from their bodies.

"So... I guess we could keep tormenting those dudes for no good reason. Or I can pop the question right away if you feel up to it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 14, 2013, 01:25:50 pm »

"Uh, go ahead with the question." She says.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 14, 2013, 01:26:36 pm »

"Uh, go ahead with the question." She says.

"'Kay. Wanna be my apprentice?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 14, 2013, 01:33:03 pm »

"That sounds intriguing...what might apprenticeship entail?"

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 244