Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256104 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2013, 09:48:36 am »

Lower pigeon shield. But don't dismiss it.

"I should've made a bet with you guys." She turns to face Most Honorable Sir General Secretary.
"By the way, what were you doing that was more important than helping us out? Maybe I'd not look like a savage if you had intervened. Anyway, what's the next step?"
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2013, 11:54:42 am »

"Really.  Thanks for the help, there.  Kinda had a fat guy on me I would have loved to have been not one me."

He kicks the prone man for emphasis.

"Now what?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2013, 01:31:44 pm »

Halesey asks the approaching fat man a question as he manages to not unleash the best potato vortex ever upon his weak, tubby flesh.

”Hello, yeah, um. So… uh. We used magic to take over this leyline like you asked. What next? Shall we go forth and... uh. Yeah.”

"I can see you did! Sweet, dudes. Righteous work you did here. Now wait a moment."

He steps over to where Halesey knows the leyline to be, and looks in a completely different direction from it.

"Awesome vibes you got here. You guys are great! The best! Really, I mean that."

Elizabeth then also joins in on the questioning.

"By the way, what were you doing that was more important than helping us out? Maybe I'd not look like a savage if you had intervened. Anyway, what's the next step?"

"Why, I was trailing you guys, watching how you did on taking care of this bit of business. I can safely say I've been real pleased with your performance, and that you're all I could ask for in apprentices. And I'm sure your hair... oh God, what's all this... well, I'm sure it'll grow back. So, um, yeah. I was evaluating you guys. Being on the down low and all."

"Really.  Thanks for the help, there.  Kinda had a fat guy on me I would have loved to have been not on me." Larry adds, kicking the individual on the ground right in the nuts again.

"Now what?"

"I guess you're initiated into the arcane mysteries of magic or some shit, so I guess it's time we all picked ourselves new names. Wizard names. Cool-sounding names. It's totally a part of being a wizard, don't you know. My book tells me it's integral to the whole thing! I've already got mine - I'll be known as Morbrayne! Sweet, eh?"

The fat guy opens his arms in a 'ta-da' motion, grinning at the assembled people.

"Have ya given any thought to your new names? Well, ya probably haven't, considering I didn't tell you any of this shit until now, but... any bright ideas on what you'd like to be known as?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 07, 2013, 11:29:55 am »

Wizard names- now that could be interesting.  "Larry" didn't exactly inspire fear or trepidation.

"Wizard name... you mean like Awesome God Mage or something?  That's a possibility, but how about.. Enolamyrral?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 07, 2013, 11:31:48 am »

Wizard names- now that could be interesting.  "Larry" didn't exactly inspire fear or trepidation.

"Wizard name... you mean like Awesome God Mage or something?  That's a possibility, but how about.. Enolamyrral?"

"Dude, that's, like, straight outta Wizardry and shit. Go for it, man!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 07, 2013, 02:35:11 pm »

"Wow. Lar- er,  Enolamyrral. You, like, totally know magicspeak or something. I think... I think I'd like to be, maybe, Potatoes Halesey, The Industrial Avenger. Yeah. AKA The Potato Avenger."

Halesey was lost in thought for a few seconds, totally imagining bad guys quivering in fear, shouting "Oh no! Oh no! Not... Not the Potato Avenger - we done for now!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 07, 2013, 02:38:44 pm »

"You just can't let go of the potatoes, can you?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 07, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »

"No way, dude, it's like the most ultimate power I've yet seen, and it's only going to get wor- er stronger..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 09, 2013, 08:10:13 am »

"Wow. Lar- er,  Enolamyrral. You, like, totally know magicspeak or something. I think... I think I'd like to be, maybe, Potatoes Halesey, The Industrial Avenger. Yeah. AKA The Potato Avenger."

Halesey was lost in thought for a few seconds, totally imagining bad guys quivering in fear, shouting "Oh no! Oh no! Not... Not the Potato Avenger - we done for now!"

"The... Potato Avenger. Hm. Well, okay. Sounds a bit more superhero-like than wizardly, but I guess that's your choice."

He directs a glance at Elizabeth, who is silent currently.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 11, 2013, 07:06:41 pm »

"Er. Um. What? Well, yes, choosing a name takes time, you know! I like taking my time with that and there's nothing wrong with that as you should be well aware of and... uh...

..ehh...

..how about Lime Sage Liliana? Or just the Lime Sage? I guess Lime Sage is the obviously awesome title you put on a letterhead, and Liliana the actual wizardly name. I think that works. Can always add more words. Well then, it's settled, I'll go with it. Alright!"
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 11, 2013, 09:06:35 pm »

"Can't go wrong with more words in a wizard name."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #476 on: November 12, 2013, 02:45:46 pm »

At last, Elizabeth comes up with something.

"Er. Um. What? Well, yes, choosing a name takes time, you know! I like taking my time with that and there's nothing wrong with that as you should be well aware of and... uh... ehh..."

"..how about Lime Sage Liliana? Or just the Lime Sage? I guess Lime Sage is the obviously awesome title you put on a letterhead, and Liliana the actual wizardly name. I think that works. Can always add more words. Well then, it's settled, I'll go with it. Alright!"

The fat guy sighs contentedly.

"Sure. Why not. Let's go with that. Right, so, now we gotta figure out what's next. And that means I gotta figure it out. Luckily, I got it covered. Ya see, you guys are gonna have to get legal ownership of this place. Find out who owns it, get the deed from them, get all the paperwork in order by any means necessary - meanwhile, I'll be drafting up what we'll be doing to this place. Make suggestions if ya feel like it, but get the property in our hands - we're gonna be doing major work here. Any questions?"

He starts to look at an unrelated corner of the room interestedly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 12, 2013, 02:51:01 pm »

Larry looks at the fat man blankly.  "Are you nuts?  We took this ley line with our power.  It is our right to have it!  We are well above the law at this point- who cares about everything else?  Next is bending this world to it knees!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 12, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »

Larry looks at the fat man blankly.  "Are you nuts?  We took this ley line with our power.  It is our right to have it!  We are well above the law at this point- who cares about everything else?  Next is bending this world to it knees!"

"There's loads of other wizards out there, and they got more leylines and more apprentices than I do. And more spells between 'em, in all likelihood. Better we keep our profiles low and not get our asses handed to us before we can make this place into a proper conduit for magic. Although we could try to snag more leylines as well, though they'll probably have better protection than this one - this was the only mostly unoccupied one I knew of in the area."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 12, 2013, 02:59:21 pm »

Larry frowns.  "Just how many of these ley lines are there?  How many do we need before we can start creating our own dimensions and shit?"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 244