Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255165 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #495 on: November 18, 2013, 12:00:13 pm »

"Yes. Let's go get a bus or something?"

Find an estate agent!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 18, 2013, 11:36:11 pm »

"Bus... shouldn't us mighty wizards just teleport or fly or ride dragons or some shit?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 20, 2013, 03:14:12 am »

"...you guys aren't planning something completely unnecessarily insane right now, right? Bah, who am I kidding."

Also go look for that real estate agent!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 20, 2013, 06:21:40 am »

"Er... no? I thought it was pretty practical, as a plan..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 20, 2013, 10:29:26 am »

After what seems like a long wait, Larry, Halesey and Elizabeth, or whatever their names are now, head out with a unified purpose - to locate a real estate agent.

Luckily for them, one practically falls right into their hands - or at least they spot a billboard for one, whatever that might count for. Some guy named Herbert Whey - apparently a new guy in town, judging by the advertising, which bills him as a 'real estate consultant/agent/broker/all-round expert'. Figuring he's as good as anybody, the people visit his office, which just so happens to be not too far from said billboard - located in a relatively new-looking building on the third floor, with a waiting room that offers a nice view of several nearby tenements. It takes but a minute or so of waiting before somebody comes out to meet them.

In this case, it is a man in a somewhat expensive suit, probably in his thirties, smiling widely at them. It's one of those practiced smiles, clearly - he can't quite manage to put his eyes into it, though it is admittedly hard to tell, considering how thick and large his glasses are.

"Hello, I'm Herbert Whey, as I'm sure you know, and might I say you've picked an absolutely wonderful time to visit me. How can I help you?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 20, 2013, 10:34:48 am »

"Hi, my name is Mr Benjamin Halesey - you might have heard of me, I'm from the UK, and I am here to buy a factory and revitalise the area. Just the one factory to begin with, but I have some heavy investment behind me, so if it makes money we'll be doing some more. These are my colleagues Larry and Elizabeth - they're the financial whizkids behind the maths. Or math, as you call it, hahaha. So I'd like you to look into how I can go about getting the deeds to this factory, and then buying it."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 20, 2013, 10:57:25 am »

"Hi, my name is Mr Benjamin Halesey - you might have heard of me, I'm from the UK, and I am here to buy a factory and revitalise the area. Just the one factory to begin with, but I have some heavy investment behind me, so if it makes money we'll be doing some more. These are my colleagues Larry and Elizabeth - they're the financial whizkids behind the maths. Or math, as you call it, hahaha. So I'd like you to look into how I can go about getting the deeds to this factory, and then buying it."

"Ah, fantastic. I knew the offers would start rolling in any day now. I'm sure there might be a few for sale that I could locate for you - for a nominal fee, obviously."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 20, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »

"Well, you know, there's only this one that we're interested in to begin with - I'll get Larry to jot you down the exact address - but I'm sure the nominal fee can be arranged."

I wonder if he takes payment in hats or potatoes?

"If we can exchange all the necessary details I'll get Elizabeth to sort out the payment, if you can find you for this particular factory. Sound good?"

((er, how are we going to pay him? I propose stalling until getting the necessary paperwork done, and then using magic))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 20, 2013, 04:22:58 pm »

((Lottery tickets?  Dinosaurs?  Swank hats?))

"Yes, it's quite the place."

Assist with negotiations.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 20, 2013, 04:46:53 pm »

((Yes, I suppose if we work for a week producing lottery tickets we could just pay cash... er I think the best plan is to wait until we see the documents, and then say, well - check out the dinosaurs outside shove his head into potato hell and say, well, you wanna go back in there?

I'd prefer to pay, but if we can't, we can always make unrefusable offers...))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 20, 2013, 09:37:12 pm »

((Or Larry could just sneeze on him a lot.  Or we could just rob a jewelry store or something.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 21, 2013, 03:16:48 am »

((If you want to rob a jewelry store, do it without Liz.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 21, 2013, 05:24:37 am »

((I don't want to rob a jewellery store, I want to stick his head into potato hell))

((though I'd prefer to just generate endless amounts of lottery tickets and use legitimate cash))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 21, 2013, 06:29:58 am »

"Well, you know, there's only this one that we're interested in to begin with - I'll get Larry to jot you down the exact address - but I'm sure the nominal fee can be arranged."

I wonder if he takes payment in hats or potatoes?

"If we can exchange all the necessary details I'll get Elizabeth to sort out the payment, if you can find you for this particular factory. Sound good?"

((er, how are we going to pay him? I propose stalling until getting the necessary paperwork done, and then using magic))

"Ah, so you are interested in a particular place? Why didn't you say so? I suppose I could rather easily check up on the state and possible price of this factory you seek - shouldn't take long at all. Nevertheless, you will have to pay me for my time - about two hundred dollars or so should cover our partnership for the next few days or so, yes."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 21, 2013, 06:37:57 am »

((er chaps, do we have $200 between us?))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 244