Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256132 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: 101 Uses For Potatoes and Vortexes Thereof
« Reply #1425 on: April 29, 2014, 02:00:42 pm »

((Oooh Larry, she must really be into you to use to deception to gently turn down Halesey the Archmagus of Potato))

"Oh, I'm very sorry miss. Perhaps you'd let me buy you a drink anyway? You're incredibly beautiful and I love this yellow kind of glowing aura you have going. My name's Ben, what's yours?"

Halesey sticks his hand out as he introduces himself.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 29, 2014, 02:10:16 pm »

"Oh, I'm very sorry miss. Perhaps you'd let me buy you a drink anyway? You're incredibly beautiful and I love this yellow kind of glowing aura you have going. My name's Ben, what's yours?"

"Er, no thank you. I shouldn't really drink in the afternoon. In fact, I think I'll just be going now. Thanks for the... kind offer, I guess?" she says, heading off without another word.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 29, 2014, 02:20:49 pm »

"Hey! You like potatoes?!"

Halesey half calls after the girl, momentarily besotten, or besotted, he couldn't remember which, but then suddenly remembered that he probably completely loved the girl he'd met earlier and accidentally invited to a date at the most expensive place in town, or at least, the most expensive place he'd ever bought a girl dinner. Perhaps she would pay her half of the bill - he'd prefer that, felt awkward not. He wondered what to do. He had a few hours to kill, and mostly had to just make sure he turned up in a decent state this evening, which meant he had to get home, get washed and changed, and get some cash. He wondered if he had any left in his account - such trivial things seemed ridiculous now that he had forsaken his destiny to follow the dual path of potatoes and romance, but he acknowledged that money was necessary in this modern world, even for potatoes and romance. The obvious answer was to head to the bar, and introduce himself to the first reasonably pretty girl he saw.

Head back to the bar! Are there any other pretty but modestly dressed girls?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 29, 2014, 02:34:39 pm »

So Halesey struck out.  Sucks for him.

"Why, I'm a mage as well, same as Halesey there.  We are, you could say, business partners.  What about yourself?"

He tried to discreetly slick back his hair.  Maybe he should have washed it more recently.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 29, 2014, 03:19:11 pm »

Head back to the bar! Are there any other pretty but modestly dressed girls?

Nope, none whatsoever. Just Sherry, sort of - does wearing a sweater count as modestly-dressed, even with that skirt? You're not quite sure. But other than her, no girls at all around. Only an elderly dude in one corner and a bunch of drunks sort of fighting in another.

"Why, I'm a mage as well, same as Halesey there.  We are, you could say, business partners.  What about yourself?"

He tried to discreetly slick back his hair.  Maybe he should have washed it more recently.

"Oh, me? I'm one of those... what was it?... Branch managers? Yeah, I'm a branch manager over at GIGT... GGI... you get the idea. Insurance stuff. Nothing exciting or anything. I've been celebrating the past... day or so, I think? Probably a day or so, and I'm celebrating my promotion, see?" she says, looking over at the wandering Halesey. "Hey, where's Frankie?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 29, 2014, 03:22:49 pm »

"Who's Frankie?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 29, 2014, 03:31:30 pm »

"Who's Frankie?"

"My friend! You see her? She was at the bathrooms!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 29, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »

"No, I didn't see her. I saw Penny. I assumed you invented her and just wanted to get rid of me so you could be with Larry here, which is fine with me, he's a good guy, I hold no grudges."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 29, 2014, 03:37:31 pm »

Larry quickly flashes a 8) at Halesey.

"So uh, yeah, sounds like you're really sure about that.  Doing pretty well for myself, really, already have made friends on other planes and tapped into deep power shit, ya dig?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 29, 2014, 03:38:56 pm »

"No, I didn't see her. I saw Penny. I assumed you invented her and just wanted to get rid of me so you could be with Larry here, which is fine with me, he's a good guy, I hold no grudges."

"Wait, Frankie's not there? Where'd she go?" Sherry asks, looking genuinely confused.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 29, 2014, 03:42:54 pm »

"What, she's actually real? Oh. Sorry. Um, I don't know - is she a lawyer? Perhaps she got to the bathroom and realised how much she'd been celebrating and had to take a nap? That or she must've fell in some kind of dimensional hole, and if that's the case you need Larry to save you, and her."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 29, 2014, 03:44:44 pm »

"What, she's actually real? Oh. Sorry. Um, I don't know - is she a lawyer? Perhaps she got to the bathroom and realised how much she'd been celebrating and had to take a nap? That or she must've fell in some kind of dimensional hole, and if that's the case you need Larry to save you, and her."

"Maybe she... uh... went back to the hotel? Eh, I dunno. Maybe I'll call her in a bit if she doesn't turn up."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 29, 2014, 03:55:24 pm »

"Okay, well, I hope she's okay. I'm going to get a drink."

Get a drink, a beer, and leave Larry and Sherry in peace for a short while.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1438 on: April 29, 2014, 04:07:20 pm »

Spoiler: OOC spell comments (click to show/hide)

Eta grabbed her head for a couple of seconds, hoping it would make it stop spinning. "Ow, that was bad. Felt like I was in there for minutes."

"But." she added triumphantly "I got something very dangerous as a reward. 'Highly Explosive Thylacine Pillar'!"
She looked away and thought about what she said for a moment.
"...I don't think I'll be using it any time soon. It might hurt someone. But I think it could impress Mr. Pilton. Unless I could find an empty nearby area...Hmmmm..."
Eta turned to look at Lois again.
"So... you look happy." she added teasingly. "Whad'ya get?"

Do I know of any large empty nearby area? One that perhaps wouldn't be overly hurt by a Highly Explosive Thylacine Pillar appearing in it?

Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:09:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 29, 2014, 04:49:26 pm »

((Hmm, I'm somewhat confused. Did the whole mind-wipey-thingy wipe my known spells and are these four my new ones, or was it just some fluff? Also, do I get to take only one, or multiple?))
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 244