Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256107 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1695 on: May 25, 2014, 04:01:53 am »

John, breathing heavy in his panic, thinks that maybe this isn't wasn't the best idea after all.

"Holy shit, did you see what that thing turned into?! I'm glad it didn't do that while it grabbed a hold of me earlier today. What the hell happened? What did the koala say?"

"She said we're... not in the world we used to be in."

~That I did.~

"And that we're in deep shit, pretty much. What the fuck happened back there, man? Who was that? Why'd you lead it to us?"

The cows simultaneously turn their heads to look at you, Trey and the koala.

((Just the one, right?))

The DUNKER was rather disappointed at the lack of donut magic, but if he had the pick, he'd pick.

[color=555555]WALL OF SCANDALOUS LOTTERY TICKETS

Having chosen your spell, you find yourself back in front of the counter. The girl is still looking at you, smiling genially.

"From the look of you, I'm guessing something happened there, didn't it?" she asks.

((Note - don't forget to post an updated sheet with the spell.))

"Um... Hey guy. Sorry about my clown. It kind of has a mind of it's own."

The pair of bloomers pauses in its chase to look at you.

"Aagh! Aliens!" it shouts, then joins its flock in fleeing.

((I was checking gold prices and it turns out gold is very expensive. I'm kinda unsure about how much money I should ask for. Assuming they don't try to kill me.))

"Right behind you, Bart."

Follow Bart. How much would I say a golden high heel weights?

You follow Bart into the stairwell, considering how much one of your golden shoes weighs - you're not really sure, but you think it should be a considerable amount. After all, you can't carry all that many, though you can't say if that's a very reliable estimate, since you're hardly used to lugging loads of more than, say, a kilo and a half around.

Once you're up to the second floor, Bart leads you silently to Room 211, and knocks on the door. A few minutes pass, and he knocks again. There is the sound of rustling from within, and a small, long-haired Asian man in a wifebeater and boxers opens the door, his unkempt, wrinkled face drowsily curled up in on itself.

"What?" he asks in a deep voice.

"This woman has goods," Bart says, and the fellow, who you assume to be Little Tay, raises an eyebrow, looking at you for a moment. Bart responds by showing him a golden shoe. Little Tay grunts, looking at Bart skeptically, then takes the shoe, looking it over in his hands, hefting it around for a bit and taking in the texture of the material. Finally, he bites down on it in a way that makes you cringe instinctively. His teeth leave a significant print in the shoe. After pausing a moment, Tay quickly retrieves a penny from a nearby pair of pants, and scratches the shoe with it. It leaves a mark.

"This is gold," Tay says after blinking a few times.

"So it is," Bart says, and a moment of silence ensues.

"Where is it from?"

"She knows a guy."

"Ah," Tay says and looks at you. "How many does this guy have?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 25, 2014, 04:23:51 am »

Those donuts were hallucinogenic. Mind you, not the most hallucinogenic donuts I've ever eaten, that honor goes to the Great LSDonut of old Harkinson, but still pretty potent. Almost had me believing that I could shoot scandalous lottery tickets everywhere.

Spoiler: DUNKA (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:16 am »

John sighs and rubs his eyes, then looks at Trey

"Allright, no more lies. So, when we split up after the school thing, I headed home yeah? I went to bed and called Lee in the morning, told him that I got you two to safety and that our business was done. He kept grilling me about 'if they're home safe, then why haven't I had a call from their parents?'. So I told him you kinda hated him and probably just didn't want to talk to him. He didn't buy that, and asked what we actually did. I just said that we went to your old school to pick up something that belonged to you. He didn't buy that either. So then I said we just ran into a little trouble with the school guard, but nothing much. Didn't fucking buy that either. So then in my desperation to get th eold man off my back I just told him what happened. Then he says he was dissapointed in me and hangs up.

He said that in the tone that implied I could expect fucking magical assassins coming for my ass in the next 24 hours. So I called him back to talk things out, and he said I could make it right if I just convinced you and Luz to go home. Told me to meet a friend of his who could help with that. That would be the cow demon, though he sure a shit didn't look like that when I met him.

John hunches over, his face in his hands.

"Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick, all I wanted to do was come here, put up a show for mancow and convince you to go home for at least a little while so that old guy would get off of my back. And now I'm in another world...maybe dead."

John looks towards the cows, face a mask of anger.

"And what the fuck are you lot staring at? Never seen a failure before?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 25, 2014, 05:23:40 am »

Those donuts were hallucinogenic. Mind you, not the most hallucinogenic donuts I've ever eaten, that honor goes to the Great LSDonut of old Harkinson, but still pretty potent. Almost had me believing that I could shoot scandalous lottery tickets everywhere.

"Huh. That's pretty interesting. What exactly did you see?"

John sighs and rubs his eyes, then looks at Trey

"Allright, no more lies. So, when we split up after the school thing, I headed home yeah? I went to bed and called Lee in the morning, told him that I got you two to safety and that our business was done. He kept grilling me about 'if they're home safe, then why haven't I had a call from their parents?'. So I told him you kinda hated him and probably just didn't want to talk to him. He didn't buy that, and asked what we actually did. I just said that we went to your old school to pick up something that belonged to you. He didn't buy that either. So then I said we just ran into a little trouble with the school guard, but nothing much. Didn't fucking buy that either. So then in my desperation to get th eold man off my back I just told him what happened. Then he says he was dissapointed in me and hangs up.

He said that in the tone that implied I could expect fucking magical assassins coming for my ass in the next 24 hours. So I called him back to talk things out, and he said I could make it right if I just convinced you and Luz to go home. Told me to meet a friend of his who could help with that. That would be the cow demon, though he sure a shit didn't look like that when I met him.

John hunches over, his face in his hands.

"Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick, all I wanted to do was come here, put up a show for mancow and convince you to go home for at least a little while so that old guy would get off of my back. And now I'm in another world...maybe dead."

"So you sold us out and it came back to bite you in the ass. Karma, huh?" Trey sneers at you.

~I... don't think we're dead.~

"Well, that's great. That only leaves the problem of us being in a presumably inescapable hell. Easy peasy."

John looks towards the cows, face a mask of anger.

"And what the fuck are you lot staring at? Never seen a failure before?"

The cowmen, nine in total, simultaneously moo, the sound echoing in a chilling manner across the vast, sweeping valleys that appear to have formed around the group. As the echoes hang in the air, theyall speak in unison.

"Identify the killers! Find the criminals! Punish the transgressors!" they say, and then collapse in their chairs, their heads bowing down as they seem to all lose consciousness simultaneously. John becomes aware of a large, serrated knife in his lap, and the fact that Trey and the koala seem to have received the same thing as well.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 25, 2014, 05:27:53 am »

A dark void and various colours of lasers trying to hit me. I dodged the first two and then this big red one hit me and gave me an idea for a magic spell or something can I have those donuts now.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 25, 2014, 05:32:34 am »

A dark void and various colours of lasers trying to hit me. I dodged the first two and then this big red one hit me and gave me an idea for a magic spell or something can I have those donuts now.

"Have... one, okay?" the girl says, handing you a single one of the donuts with her tongs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 25, 2014, 05:34:32 am »

Why only one?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 25, 2014, 05:40:16 am »

Why only one?

"Because I wanna see what happens. And also because I haven't baked enough of these to last for very long if you're gonna stuff them down your throat like that."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 25, 2014, 05:41:30 am »

"What? What? The hell is this? Is this some kind of thunderdome thing?"

John puts the knife in his right hand, taking out his snub nosed revolver with his left and stand up from his chair.

"And what the hell, Trey? Sold you out? You saw what kind of friends Lee has, right? Do you think I had a choice?

Now, let's just try and get out of here first. Do any of you have any friggin' idea wat those cows meant? And where is Luz, anyway?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 25, 2014, 05:47:40 am »

Eerl, re-are oo ave oore hhock repleted, sayeth DUNKER, already with the donut in his mouth.

Eatify donut!
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1705 on: May 25, 2014, 07:18:30 am »

I wish they didn't have to abuse the heels like that. I know they're probably going to melt them anyway, but it feels wrong to see such craftsmanship destroyed. Well, not craftsmanship exactly, since they weren't created by man, at least not directly... Magicship?

"Enough." said Eta, deciding it best to be as vague as possible.
"Not sure how much exactly, but it should last for some time."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 25, 2014, 09:01:17 am »

"What? What? The hell is this? Is this some kind of thunderdome thing?"

John puts the knife in his right hand, taking out his snub nosed revolver with his left and stand up from his chair.

"And what the hell, Trey? Sold you out? You saw what kind of friends Lee has, right? Do you think I had a choice?

Now, let's just try and get out of here first. Do any of you have any friggin' idea wat those cows meant? And where is Luz, anyway?"

"Firstly, Mr. Lee's ain't got shit when compared to us. Secondly, I have absolutely no clue what's going on. And thirdly, Luz is a koala right now. Don't question it."

~Guilty as charged.~

I wish they didn't have to abuse the heels like that. I know they're probably going to melt them anyway, but it feels wrong to see such craftsmanship destroyed. Well, not craftsmanship exactly, since they weren't created by man, at least not directly... Magicship?

"Enough." said Eta, deciding it best to be as vague as possible.
"Not sure how much exactly, but it should last for some time."

"What output? At shoes per week?" Tay asks.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 25, 2014, 09:28:21 am »

"Ah, well, the new look...suits you" John says, somewhat unsure what exactly would be an appropriate comment in this situation.

He then paces back and forth, gesutring with the knife as he speaks.

"No idea where we are...And you keep saying Lee isn't stronger than us, but he was able to get demon cow of doom to meet me not even an hour after I called him. Obviously, even if he isn't strong himself, he has some pretty dangerous connections.

Now then. Did you any of you two kill someone? Transgress somewhere? Because the only thing I can imagine having done is break into that school."

He walks up to the one of the cows.

"Yo, my bovine brother, what did you mean by punish?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1708 on: May 25, 2014, 09:28:42 am »

Errm, how many? I hadn't really thought of that. I could theoretically create vast quantities of gold during that time, but even if I could sell it all, I really don't need all that money.
Eta liked having a simple yet adventurous life and money tend to get in the way of that, or so she believed.
Would that be a good thing to say?

"I'm really not sure, I came here thinking I would have a hard time finding someone to buy them, so quantity wasn't really a concern for me at the time." Eta looked down trying to look calm and deep in thought and moved her fingers to give the illusion that she was counting something.

That sounded believable, right? Oh, wait, I have to tell them a number, otherwise they might think there's something wrong going on here. I'm supposed to have bought this gold.

"I... assume I could procure a bag a week?"

But what if that's too little? What if they want more. Uunghhh...

"Although!" exclaimed Eta, making sure she could speak before the others had a chance to respond and say they're not interested "With a bit of extra effort and some persuading on my part, I could maybe bring you many times that, yes. How much would you require for your business?"

Silly Eta, you should had started with that question!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 25, 2014, 10:07:04 am »

"Ah, well, the new look...suits you" John says, somewhat unsure what exactly would be an appropriate comment in this situation.

He then paces back and forth, gesutring with the knife as he speaks.

"No idea where we are...And you keep saying Lee isn't stronger than us, but he was able to get demon cow of doom to meet me not even an hour after I called him. Obviously, even if he isn't strong himself, he has some pretty dangerous connections.

Now then. Did you any of you two kill someone? Transgress somewhere? Because the only thing I can imagine having done is break into that school."

"Nothing in particular, no."

~I don't think we're supposed to punish the killers. After all, we've got the nasty knives. Maybe we're the killers?~

He walks up to the one of the cows.

"Yo, my bovine brother, what did you mean by punish?"

The cows do not respond, being apparently unconscious. Your knife begins to vibrate near them, however.

Errm, how many? I hadn't really thought of that. I could theoretically create vast quantities of gold during that time, but even if I could sell it all, I really don't need all that money.
Eta liked having a simple yet adventurous life and money tend to get in the way of that, or so she believed.
Would that be a good thing to say?

"I'm really not sure, I came here thinking I would have a hard time finding someone to buy them, so quantity wasn't really a concern for me at the time." Eta looked down trying to look calm and deep in thought and moved her fingers to give the illusion that she was counting something.

That sounded believable, right? Oh, wait, I have to tell them a number, otherwise they might think there's something wrong going on here. I'm supposed to have bought this gold.

"I... assume I could procure a bag a week?"

But what if that's too little? What if they want more. Uunghhh...

"Although!" exclaimed Eta, making sure she could speak before the others had a chance to respond and say they're not interested "With a bit of extra effort and some persuading on my part, I could maybe bring you many times that, yes. How much would you require for your business?"

Silly Eta, you should had started with that question!

"Any amount. More is better. Can you keep these coming?"
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 244