Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256162 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1710 on: May 25, 2014, 10:29:35 am »

"Hey, this knife begins to vibrate when close this cowdude. Maybe we're supposed to punish them? I mean, they wouldn't give us the knives if we had to punish ourselves, right? Do your knives vibrate as well?"

John says, as he walks along the line of cowmen, checking if his knife vibrates when close to each one of them

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1711 on: May 25, 2014, 11:12:09 am »

"Any amount. More is better. Can you keep these coming?"
"Certainly. As long as nothing unfortunate happens to me or my supplier. And as long as I keep getting something in return, of course. I need to make a living and right now I've invested most of my savings in this project, you see."

I sure hope I can keep track of all those lies I'm saying. I don't like this. But what is the alternative? Tell them "it's magic, a wizard did it"?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 11:13:44 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 25, 2014, 11:39:54 am »

"Hey, this knife begins to vibrate when close this cowdude. Maybe we're supposed to punish them? I mean, they wouldn't give us the knives if we had to punish ourselves, right? Do your knives vibrate as well?"

John says, as he walks along the line of cowmen, checking if his knife vibrates when close to each one of them

Approaching the cowmen, Trey confirms that he seems to encounter the same thing. Luz does the same (confirming to you that watching a koala carrying a knife is indeed slightly terrifying as well as very cute), and offers further confirmation.

"Certainly. As long as nothing unfortunate happens to me or my supplier. And as long as I keep getting something in return, of course. I need to make a living and right now I've invested most of my savings in this project, you see."

I sure hope I can keep track of all those lies I'm saying. I don't like this. But what is the alternative? Tell them "it's magic, a wizard did it"?

"How's two grand per pair sound?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 25, 2014, 11:49:38 am »

"How rude! I come here looking for help and this is what I get? Crazy chimneys and underwear people?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 25, 2014, 12:37:32 pm »

"How rude! I come here looking for help and this is what I get? Crazy chimneys and underwear people?"

The bloomer creature just keeps flying off and shrieking.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 25, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »

"So, what do you reckon we should do? Stab the cows?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 25, 2014, 12:43:46 pm »

Try and sense for a leyline or something.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1717 on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:08 pm »

"How's two grand per pair sound?"
"It sounds excellent!" for something I have paid absolutely nothing to receive!

Eta showered Bart and Little Tay with questions in her excitement.
"Would you be willing to buy some right now? I could use some money for a meeting of a more... personal nature I have planned later today."

"Oh and would you like to sign some sort of agreement? My legal advisor is downstairs, I could get her right now and we could draft some sort of contract in an expedient manner."

"Oh, and could I perhaps gain accomodation to this hotel free of charge as part of that deal? Or are you not in a position to make that offer? It would be nice to have permanent accommodation in this city and I have really taken a liking to this place."

"This is so great! I can't believe I managed to find a buyer so quickly!"

Eta said the last part more to herself than the two men.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:31:48 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 26, 2014, 05:31:55 am »

Eerl, re-are oo ave oore hhock repleted, sayeth DUNKER, already with the donut in his mouth.

Eatify donut!

You eat the donut, and this time pause to taste it a little.

[Your mind roll: 5]

You find that it tastes rather good! And also that whatever back alley hallucinogens are in this thing, they seem to be good enough to get into your bloodstream from your mouth. Your tongue becomes completely numb as you begin chewing, and your eyes slowly roll into the back of your head as your entire body begins to shake. And then, rather predictably, things go dark once more, and you find yourself in a dark void, completely weightless and thus without any real repercussions (in the mechanical sense, anyway) from your morbid obesity. Brimming with immense gladness, you immediately demonstrate your newfound spryness and spin away from a scintillating orange laser beam, then twist in place to avoid being hit by a light green ray of light. And for your next trick, you go ahead and do something seemingly impossible - contorting your body like an annelid, you launch yourself away, avoiding a massive aquamarine light shining in your general direction. Regaling in your triumph, you float on through the ancient darkness and take a careful look around before the entire area is bathed in golden light in an impossible to dodge manner - blinded by the light, you squeak and flail, your mind filling with miscellanea of arcane power!

"So, what do you reckon we should do? Stab the cows?"

Trey approaches one of the cows.

"They... do look pretty stabbable as far as cows go. How about you do it and me and Luz will go stand off to the side a bit?"

Try and sense for a leyline or something.

You're pretty sure you sense some kind of energy coming from both above and below you!

"It sounds excellent!" for something I have paid absolutely nothing to receive!

Eta showered Bart and Little Tay with questions in her excitement.
"Would you be willing to buy some right now? I could use some money for a meeting of a more... personal nature I have planned later today."

"Oh and would you like to sign some sort of agreement? My legal advisor is downstairs, I could get her right now and we could draft some sort of contract in an expedient manner."

"Oh, and could I perhaps gain accomodation to this hotel free of charge as part of that deal? Or are you not in a position to make that offer? It would be nice to have permanent accommodation in this city and I have really taken a liking to this place."

"This is so great! I can't believe I managed to find a buyer so quickly!"

Eta said the last part more to herself than the two men.

"Bring me fifteen pairs this afternoon. I'll be in the back room behind reception with the money. If you got the goods, we'll be good," Little Tay says. "Even better if you stay here for free."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 26, 2014, 05:35:53 am »

((Different energies?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 26, 2014, 05:36:32 am »

((Different energies?))

You're not entirely sure.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 26, 2014, 05:55:29 am »

I try to use Storm of Distracting Underwear as a kind of levitation riding it up to the energy source.
Spoiler: Dave (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1722 on: May 26, 2014, 05:59:17 am »

((Oh dear, I hope they don't have anything bad in that back room.))

"Excellent! I can do that. I've got about 7 pairs right now with me, although I'm certain I could get some more by then if I hurry.
We'll talk in the afternoon then. Unless there's something else you wish to discuss?"

What would I say the definition of afternoon is in this society? Because I've heard it being used for almost every time after 12 o'clock.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 26, 2014, 06:14:07 am »

"Excellent! I can do that. I've got about 7 pairs right now with me, although I'm certain I could get some more by then if I hurry.
We'll talk in the afternoon then. Unless there's something else you wish to discuss?"

"No, we're good. Be seeing you," Little Tay says and shuts the door.

"That went good," Bart observes and begins to head off.

What would I say the definition of afternoon is in this society? Because I've heard it being used for almost every time after 12 o'clock.

Afternoon is a very nonspecific thing, to be honest. Pretty much the closest thing you've got is that it is indeed sometime after noon and before six PM or so.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 26, 2014, 06:26:05 am »

"Yeah, I suppose that's fair. I got you into this mess after all."

Stab one of the cowmen once. If no horrifying stuff happens, stab him until he's good and dead.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 244