Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256139 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1800 on: May 31, 2014, 02:41:59 am »

Found it? Now THAT's interesting!
"It was umm..."
Is it really a good idea to share information with that girl? What if she doesn't like what she hears? What if they're rivals? Oh, wait, I know how to find that out!
"You don't have any problems with those guys, right? You aren't mortal enemies or anything similarly Shakespearian? Because really, I don't know the man, but I don't want to get him into trouble or offend you in any way.
Or have I completely misunderstood you and you all work together?"

"Oh, we do kind of work together. Sort of like the wizard Illuminati, you know, but with additional asskicking."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1801 on: May 31, 2014, 05:15:19 am »

Oh, that's good to know. Looks like my concerns were unfounded.
"Indeed, true wizards are certainly way more impressive than a bunch of old guys wearing hoods and playing with their silly rituals... or am I confusing Illuminati with Freemasons again?
Anyway, it was the corporate guy, Mr. Pilton. I was planning on calling him later today and setting up a meeting like he asked me. Mainly because I want to see what he can teach me about all this."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: May 31, 2014, 06:41:22 am »

Oh, that's good to know. Looks like my concerns were unfounded.
"Indeed, true wizards are certainly way more impressive than a bunch of old guys wearing hoods and playing with their silly rituals... or am I confusing Illuminati with Freemasons again?
Anyway, it was the corporate guy, Mr. Pilton. I was planning on calling him later today and setting up a meeting like he asked me. Mainly because I want to see what he can teach me about all this."

"Huh. I guessed wrong. Thought it'd be the other guy. Anyway, Kermit's cool. Kind of an asshole a lot of the time, but I can see how you could get used to that. Don't expect him to teach you anything too valuable, though. He's kind of in the dark about most things, as far as I know."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: May 31, 2014, 07:36:51 am »

"Surely, just jumping overboard isn't a good idea. Perhaps one of these doors?"

Open one of the doors lining the hallway

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1804 on: May 31, 2014, 03:27:42 pm »

"Oh... Well, he's a good start at least. He probably knows more than me simply by virtue of being in contact with magic for longer. And I do kinda owe it to him. I got magic for less than a day and (barring some minor setbacks) my life seems to have already taken a turn for the best."

"So, could you perhaps if it's not too much trouble tell me how you found magic and why you all work together? Or is this one of those 'If I tell you, I'm going to have to kill you.' kind of things?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: May 31, 2014, 03:39:14 pm »

"Pffft.  Pfee?  Wif all thiff, we can bbuy that ffucking ffactory and get all the maffical biffes money can buy! Get it?" Larry says, looking mighty pleased with his load of cocaine. "Fffo who do ffell thiff ffit to?" he then thinks aloud as Halesey starts to shove him in a nonspecific direction.

"Guefff we juff hnnnnng out in ffffff bad spoth till we thefffehheee liffly cuftomerth? And vortexth fffth thit out of any rivalth? Leth fffking go, my dateth fcked, man, leth thell drugth," Halesey slurs at his friend, getting out his phone and dialing a number at the same time. It takes a moment for the personnel of Chez Ronardo's to pick up the call.

"You have reached Chez Ronardo's. What is the nature of your call?" a genteel male voice affecting a posh southern English accent speaks on the other end.

"Yeth, I'm c'lling tf ffay that theff's thiff l'dy that tllks in pink that I hd thiff d'te wiff, and I cnn't mfake it."

"Oh my. Sounds quite awful, it does," the man sympathizes.

"Yeth, I'm at the hffpithal wiff fvere laffevationf, h'd thiff fcuffve, 'nd I cn't fathe 'er in thithe thtate. I'm vrry forry, and I hope fee doefn't thnk too badfy of me."

"Will be sure to relay the message, good sir. Lady who talks in pink, date got hospitalized from severe beating, is very sorry and hopes she doesn't think too badly of him. Got it," the man on the other end parrots in a chipper manner. "Good luck with your injuries, sir, and we hope we can receive you and possibly your date some other day," he then says, and Halesey promptly terminates the call after attempting to thank him for his helpfulness.

It's at this point that he and Larry both realize that they seem to be expecting the other to know where to go from here to sell all their drugs and get all their money, and that neither seems to actually have a clue presently.

Dave, feeling unjustly confident in the powers of magic since they've happened to solve exactly zero of his problems so far, tries to get some better spells to tide him over, lighting a match in the underwear storm and hoping that the green flame doesn't set too many things on fire.

[Dave's mind roll: 3+2]

Staring into the flame, he shifts into a happier place suddenly, a place of cold metal, one-way panes of reinforced glass and implied stares of some faceless entities behind said panes. Almost like home, in a way. And awfully non-prophetic this time at that. Not bad! He takes a look around to see if there's anything he should be doing, and notices that there seem to be small pegs strewn about everywhere, but no holes to put them in, sadly. In an odd instance of pure clown-thought, Dave has the brilliant idea of using the only holes he knows of in the area - his own, and begins shoving appropriately-sized pegs in his nose, his mouth, his ears, his pig's various orifices and other places as well - as soon as he has placed about half the pegs in certain slots, a very wonderful 'ping' goes off in his head, filling Dave with the relieved confidence that this was not just an incredibly ridiculous waste of time and precious orifice space.

Spoiler: Dave's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

THE DUNKER, enticed by the promise of donuts, goes out to entice the rest of the world in turn. Walking out of the donut shop, he raises his arms like a street preacher and begins to call up a flock.

"*ahem* HEY EVERYONE IN EARSHOT! FREE LOTTERY TICKETS IF YOU COME INTO THIS DONUT SHOP!" he shouts, but nobody seems to be around. Well, aside from a passing cyclist who throws a newspaper at him before speeding off into the distance.

Back inside the donut shop, Eta continues conversing with Donut Girl, as she currently identifies her fellow witch.

"Oh... Well, he's a good start at least. He probably knows more than me simply by virtue of being in contact with magic for longer. And I do kinda owe it to him. I got magic for less than a day and (barring some minor setbacks) my life seems to have already taken a turn for the best. So, could you perhaps if it's not too much trouble tell me how you found magic and why you all work together? Or is this one of those 'If I tell you, I'm going to have to kill you.' kind of things?"

"I guess the best way to put it would be that we kinda dreamed it. And we work together because... I dunno, it's more convenient to? Each of us got our leyline, and now we're trying to figure out where to go from here. You know what a leyline is?"

"Surely, just jumping overboard isn't a good idea. Perhaps one of these doors?" John narrates as his naval adventure continues. He walks up to a door and opens it, finding a cow on the other side, floating in a dark void and looking straight into John's eyes.

"Hello, sir. I am immensely glad you opened that door. Very good wrist action on that, by the way. Fantastic twist. Speaking of, have you heard the good news?" it asks casually.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1806 on: May 31, 2014, 03:52:19 pm »

Dreamt it? Wonder how that works? Does that mean she doesn't need to look at matches or similar? Something to ask later...
"Ah, yes, working together is the smart thing to do after all. As for the leylines, I have no idea what they are. I think they're supposed to be landmarks of some kind that hold some manner of mystical power within them purely due to their location?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: May 31, 2014, 03:58:24 pm »

Dreamt it? Wonder how that works? Does that mean she doesn't need to look at matches or similar? Something to ask later...
"Ah, yes, working together is the smart thing to do after all. As for the leylines, I have no idea what they are. I think they're supposed to be landmarks of some kind that hold some manner of mystical power within them purely due to their location?"

"Bingo. You want to find some, because then you can sorta leech off them and become more magical. Literally - part of you is just replaced by magic, or at least that's what it feels like. It feels great, by the way," the girl says, pausing. "So, magic. It's awesome. I think we're in agreement on that, yeah?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: May 31, 2014, 03:58:31 pm »

John is slightly suprised. Only slightly, though. Maybe he's beginning to get used to these kind of things.

"I don't think I have, no. Would you mind telling me?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: May 31, 2014, 04:00:23 pm »

John is slightly suprised. Only slightly, though. Maybe he's beginning to get used to these kind of things.

"I certainly wouldn't, honestly. You see, the fact is, I have risen. It's fantastic, and I just wanted to let you know. You're rather special to me, I hope you realize."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: May 31, 2014, 04:02:35 pm »

"I certainly wouldn't, honestly. You see, the fact is, I have risen. It's fantastic, and I just wanted to let you know. You're rather special to me, I hope you realize."
"I'm truly sorry, but I do not. How, exactly, am I special to you? And what does 'risen' mean, exactly?"

Every answer I get comes packaged with at least two more questions. These bovines are getting somewhat troublesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: May 31, 2014, 04:08:55 pm »

"I'm truly sorry, but I do not. How, exactly, am I special to you? And what does 'risen' mean, exactly?"

"Well, you're inside of me, for one. I don't usually let people go that far if they're not special to me. And I don't know. I just feel kind of risen. Don't you get that feeling sometimes? Like a holy phenomenon was responsible for your current existence? I hear there's medication that does that to you. Is that true?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 31, 2014, 04:11:40 pm »

"Well, you're inside of me, for one. I don't usually let people go that far if they're not special to me. And I don't know. I just feel kind of risen. Don't you get that feeling sometimes? Like a holy phenomenon was responsible for your current existence? I hear there's medication that does that to you. Is that true?"

"Yeah, though they're called recreational drugs as far as I know. LSD and such I believe. And, uh, what do you mean with inside of you? I distinctly remember the inspector cow casting some kind of spell on me..."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1813 on: May 31, 2014, 04:13:14 pm »

((I'm very curious to see what is the deal with those cowmen cowpeople cow-like beings...))

"Bingo. You want to find some, because then you can sorta leech off them and become more magical. Literally - part of you is just replaced by magic, or at least that's what it feels like. It feels great, by the way," the girl says, pausing. "So, magic. It's awesome. I think we're in agreement on that, yeah?
"Yeah, indeed!" Eta said and laughed happily.
I suppose I misunderstood that girl. She seems like a good person with no ill intent. She just didn't seem to have thought this whole cocaine-laced-doughnuts thing through.
"You are fun, you know. Is this where you work most of the time? I mean, would you mind if I came at a later date? If I ever want to chat about magic some more?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 31, 2014, 04:34:06 pm »

DUNKER silently flips the bird at the cyclist and heads back inside.

No one's interested. What are you two talking about?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 244