Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256118 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2325 on: July 21, 2014, 12:18:11 pm »

Oh look, Larry made a friend!

Larry laughed; he had felt the holiness spark there; the power flowed through him and seemed to make things simpler.  He'd have to get some more of that kind of magic.  "I can also do eldritch cocaine, but that comes out in a blast everywhere; it's tricky stuff.  Few others that aren't as interesting.  Hi, Phinny.  Who's Trina again?"

"You prolly don't know Trina. She thometimeth cometh around. Lookth like thith," he says, showing you the picture in the mag. It's a very skinny woman, in the state of undress you would expect from such a magazine, somewhat attractive despite a distinct strangeness to her appearance - she's drenched in sweat from the looks of it, and she seems to be holding a brightly shining lightbulb above her head with one hand. Her eyes have a distant, dreamy quality, and she looks not all there. "Thath Trina. They retouched her lookth a little, but she'th thtill real pretty."

"Anywho, whatth thith about eldritch cocaine? Whatth the problem with that?"

Phinny, for her part, just keeps ogling the mag.

"Right... I'll be in the kitchen if you need me for anything," she says a little absently, and disappears back into the kitchen, mag still in hand, not taking her eyes off it for a second.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: July 21, 2014, 12:20:40 pm »

Larry nods.  "Not bad.  But yeah, it's not so much the cocaine as how it comes out- like a tornado.  It's all up in your face, and would probably smash this place.  Better do it outside."

The face-pain from last time provokes Larry to another bit of restraint.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: July 21, 2014, 12:22:49 pm »

Larry nods.  "Not bad.  But yeah, it's not so much the cocaine as how it comes out- like a tornado.  It's all up in your face, and would probably smash this place.  Better do it outside."

The face-pain from last time provokes Larry to another bit of restraint.

"Ith the thtuff any good?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: July 21, 2014, 12:54:45 pm »

Larry paused.  "Uh... it's pretty eldritch.  Broke out my face mostly."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: July 21, 2014, 01:10:51 pm »

Larry paused.  "Uh... it's pretty eldritch.  Broke out my face mostly."

"What'th 'eldritch' mean, though?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: July 21, 2014, 01:23:25 pm »

"It means my face grew hair tentacles."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: July 21, 2014, 01:32:43 pm »

"It means my face grew hair tentacles."

"Thoundth pretty funny, but probably leth tho when it happenth to you, eh? What elthe have you got?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: July 21, 2014, 01:37:26 pm »

Larry squints as he thinks on his spell list.  "Uh... can disintegrate guns and shoot lice and trouser golems.  Not quite as exciting, but I can always try to get different spells."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: July 21, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »

Larry squints as he thinks on his spell list.  "Uh... can disintegrate guns and shoot lice and trouser golems.  Not quite as exciting, but I can always try to get different spells."

"Dithintegrate gunth? That thoundth pretty utheful. Anywho, how do you get new thpellth, then?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2334 on: July 21, 2014, 01:46:53 pm »

"Oh, Lois! You're OK! I was so worried." Eta said as she helped Lois stand up and supported her, if necessary.
She then turned to address the Police Officer.
"I'm very sorry madam. Me and my friend here were investigating those peculiar individuals when we had an accident. I got worried about her health, so that's why I shouted. But it seems as though she wasn't seriously injured after all."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: July 21, 2014, 01:52:30 pm »

"Oh, Lois! You're OK! I was so worried." Eta said as she helped Lois stand up and supported her, if necessary.
She then turned to address the Police Officer.
"I'm very sorry madam. Me and my friend here were investigating those peculiar individuals when we had an accident. I got worried about her health, so that's why I shouted. But it seems as though she wasn't seriously injured after all."

"What peculiar individuals?"

"Ugh... my head hurts. Everything's spinning," Lois interjects, not really talking to anyone in particular.

"And what was this accident?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: July 21, 2014, 02:20:42 pm »

Larry pulled out his binder.  "This is what the fat guy gave me; just stare into it and the spells go in your head.  Give it a crack if you like."

Offer binder to Oldthinker.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2337 on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:50 pm »

"Ssshhh. It's OK. Do you want to lie down for a second?" she said and offered to help Lois lie down.

She is a police officer. I suppose there's no harm in telling her what I was doing here. While leaving out the bits that might make me sound like a crazy person, of course. It's not like I was doing anything illegal. Right?

Despite those reassuring thoughts and what her reason was telling her, Eta still felt a small amount of fear for the police officer on a subconscious level, mostly fearing that she somehow knew about this whole thylacine pillar incident. She hoped that if any of her worry made it to her voice, the police officer would disregard it as related to the "you're not supposed to be here" stare the officer was giving her.

"A..." I can't say a blessed-cheese-induced vision of what was probably a divine entity. "...source of mine told me that there might be something interesting in this location. When we arrived, we spotted three individuals on the roof. The two were standing behind the third, who was standing dangerously close to the hole in the roof. I found this extremely strange, so I decided I should investigate. We tried making our way up through those pillars, so that we could get a better look of the roof undetected, but we fell."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: July 21, 2014, 03:52:42 pm »

"Ssshhh. It's OK. Do you want to lie down for a second?" she said and offered to help Lois lie down.

She is a police officer. I suppose there's no harm in telling her what I was doing here. While leaving out the bits that might make me sound like a crazy person, of course. It's not like I was doing anything illegal. Right?

Despite those reassuring thoughts and what her reason was telling her, Eta still felt a small amount of fear for the police officer on a subconscious level, mostly fearing that she somehow knew about this whole thylacine pillar incident. She hoped that if any of her worry made it to her voice, the police officer would disregard it as related to the "you're not supposed to be here" stare the officer was giving her.

"A..." I can't say a blessed-cheese-induced vision of what was probably a divine entity. "...source of mine told me that there might be something interesting in this location. When we arrived, we spotted three individuals on the roof. The two were standing behind the third, who was standing dangerously close to the hole in the roof. I found this extremely strange, so I decided I should investigate. We tried making our way up through those pillars, so that we could get a better look of the roof undetected, but we fell."

Lois seems amiable to the idea of lying down, as she seems to be better at that than standing up.

"You decided you should investigate. Uh-huh. What were you hoping to find here?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2339 on: July 21, 2014, 04:42:17 pm »

"My source told me there was something here related to all those strange things happening in the city lately. They called it a 'leyline'. Now, I didn't know whether or not to believe them, but a claim such as this surely needed investigating, don't you think? So when I saw those people, I thought I could perhaps gain some more information out of spying on them."
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 244