Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255140 times)

Nunzillor

Re: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus
« Reply #3570 on: April 03, 2015, 06:40:41 pm »

To the mistress Samson replied, "Then I owe you an apology.  Unlike my former master, you seem to have true power."

And to Joel he said, "Huh?  Well, it was about eoliths.  A natural phenomenon that was originally believed to be man-made.  But of course, that's not the exciting part.  What powers beyond mortal comprehension were you granted?  Or perhaps you didn't look closely enough into the flame?  Observe."

Storm of Dancing Pugs!
Spoiler: Samson spells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:04:34 pm by Nunzillor »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3571 on: April 03, 2015, 09:34:30 pm »

"That's..." not really helpful and is in no way worth loosing my good looks.
Damn it.
I must look like some kind of punk.

"Just tell me what you know."
Give him one of my passports. One that looks like something I won't need.
"And try not to use this to commit a crime or something."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: April 04, 2015, 03:09:14 am »

"That's..." not really helpful and is in no way worth loosing my good looks.
Damn it.
I must look like some kind of punk.

"Just tell me what you know."
Give him one of my passports. One that looks like something I won't need.
"And try not to use this to commit a crime or something."

The shade readily accepts one of your Slovenian passports, looking it over carefully.

"I am going to sell it to somebody who is going to copy the design, but I do not think the actual passport ought to be involved in any funny business, so you may relax."

It then inexplicably pockets both the hair and the passport - you're not quite sure where they went, they just sort of disappear in the blink of an eye.

"What I know. There's a lot of things I know, technically, but most of it is taken at face value. I won't bore you with too much speculation. First, the fights. A few fights broke out because of a certain disagreement, that disagreement being identity. It manifested first when two shades tried to get into the same room, and the disagreement between who's supposed to be in there grew... slightly violent. It was two Gers the first time. One of them, I will freely admit, was me, because there was another one who took my name. I won that particular fight, so now I have Ger's room. Ger, or at least I assume it was Ger at the time, wasn't really into it and seemed overly confused, so I had the advantage. There was one other fight, I think, but I was already inside by that point. But that one got considerably more violent, I think. Might have been Ger again, trying to get into another room, or maybe Gamu, judging by the... residue left afterward."

"But yes, that's about all I know about the fights. I think the passport warrants one more of your questions answered on top of that. I can't really tell you all I know, as for one, that's an awfully broad category, and two, I'd hardly have anything to bargain with if I did that."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:13:00 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3573 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:33 pm »

"What do you mean residue?"
After he explains.
"And wait a second, you say this is Ger's room? I thought it was Teb's and Ger's was across the hall. Did Gef got left and right mixed up then?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:21:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: April 04, 2015, 04:23:11 pm »

John sighs and sidles over to the boy in the tree

"Excuse me, lad, does your name happen to be charlie?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: April 04, 2015, 04:45:20 pm »

"What do you mean residue?"
After he explains.
"And wait a second, you say this is Ger's room? I thought it was Teb's and Ger's was across the hall. Did Gef got left and right mixed up then?"

"Residue is what comes out of a shade if it gets, say, sliced or punched really hard. Things come out of shades when they are sufficiently hurt, you see. I am not sure if surfacers have any similar system. It smells terrible. And it is also hard to remove, though somebody did try out in the hallway."

"And the room across the hall isn't Teb's. It used to be Bonzo's, but now Gef lives in there. Teb, I think, still has his old room, and so does Gamu. And to get more than that out of me, I will need some further compensation."

John sighs and sidles over to the boy in the tree

"Excuse me, lad, does your name happen to be charlie?"

The boy looks at you curiously.

"Naw, man. Billy Ray."

He then casts his eye around the area.

"You a cop?" he then asks.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: April 04, 2015, 04:56:17 pm »

"A cop? No, I'm a messenger. anyway, you know a charlie? He's suppsoed to be in this park."

John asks the youth, not really expecting anything. There's always the old lady, she might know more.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: April 04, 2015, 06:35:51 pm »

"So, what spell, or spells, did everybody get? I got Displace Dingo. Personally I don't think that's going to be very useful."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3578 on: April 04, 2015, 09:55:50 pm »

"Hm. It looks like one of you is lying. Time to find out who. Can you bring the shade we talked to previously here?"
Ask the law shade to bring me the other shade. If it does (and nobody objects or says anything immportant):
"Okay then. Here's the problem. One of you is lying. But I am going to be reasonable. If you admit your lies, I promise no harm will come to you. If you don't... "
Eta left the sentence unfinished, hoping that the unknown was would make her words sound even more ominous.
"So, once more. Who lived in the room across the hall originally?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: April 05, 2015, 01:22:22 am »

"A cop? No, I'm a messenger. anyway, you know a charlie? He's suppsoed to be in this park."

John asks the youth, not really expecting anything. There's always the old lady, she might know more.

The boy looks around the park again.

"Naw. Don't see any Charlie-looking people around-hey, is that a pile of... ew. But naw. Don't see any Charlie-looking people here. Unless there's one in the pile."

He pauses awkwardly.

"Say, man, have you lost anything lately? Like, an ounce of anything? I could return it to ya, if there's a reward."

"Hm. It looks like one of you is lying. Time to find out who. Can you bring the shade we talked to previously here?"
Ask the law shade to bring me the other shade. If it does (and nobody objects or says anything immportant):
"Okay then. Here's the problem. One of you is lying. But I am going to be reasonable. If you admit your lies, I promise no harm will come to you. If you don't... "
Eta left the sentence unfinished, hoping that the unknown was would make her words sound even more ominous.
"So, once more. Who lived in the room across the hall originally?"

The mercenary shade waits as your companion retrieves Gef from his room, bringing him into this room. He seems confused.

"Uh, what's this about?" he asks a little nervously.

"We're investigating a particular issue, Gef. Do try to keep up," says the other shade nonchalantly.

"Okay then. Here's the problem. One of you is lying. But I am going to be reasonable. If you admit your lies, I promise no harm will come to you. If you don't..." you conjure up your best ominously benevolent tone. "So, once more. Who lived in the room across the hall originally?"

Both shades pause for a moment. You think the mercenary one is looking expectantly at Gef. Reading their expressions is difficult without voices to accompany them. A few moments pass, neither quite willing to speak. With a sigh, the resident of the room gives up first.

"Bonzo, naturally," he says. Gef seems startled by this.

"What?" he says. "No way! That's Gamu's room."

The other shade pauses for a moment, tapping its finger against its head.

"No, pretty sure it was Bonzo's. But us saying 'nuh-uh' to one another isn't going to be terribly productive, is it?"

Gef's confusion intensifies, judging by the expression.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: April 05, 2015, 02:42:51 pm »

John sort of freezes for a moment, then breaks into a grin. He waggles his eyebrows and winks at the youth.

"You know what, now that you mention it, I did lose about an ounce of seriously magical shit a while back. I'd certainly reward anyone who could help me find it."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3581 on: April 05, 2015, 07:09:24 pm »

Talk quietly to the law shade, so that others can't hear:
"Any way you could put the name signs on the rooms back up?"
((I'm assuming the unoccupied sign I saw in that room was electronic.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: April 06, 2015, 04:55:23 am »

John sort of freezes for a moment, then breaks into a grin. He waggles his eyebrows and winks at the youth.

"You know what, now that you mention it, I did lose about an ounce of seriously magical shit a while back. I'd certainly reward anyone who could help me find it."

"Forty bucks sound like a fair reward?"

Talk quietly to the law shade, so that others can't hear:
"Any way you could put the name signs on the rooms back up?"
((I'm assuming the unoccupied sign I saw in that room was electronic.))

(Mechanical, actually.)

"I can check," says the law-shade, and heads outside for a moment. About a minute or so passes, then another one.

"Waiting," says the other shade bemusedly.

As if in response, the hatch opens again. In comes the law-shade. On its arm is another purple-eyed shade.

"Signs are beyond immediate repair. Found the next best thing. Want it?" it asks of you.

"I'm not sure this is, strictly speaking, legal... I wouldn't know, I suppose?" the apprehended shade says with no small amount of confusion.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: April 06, 2015, 08:08:52 am »

"I think an honest kid like yourself deserves forty bucks, yeah."

John takes out his wallet and takes out forty dollaridoos,giving them to the kid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: April 06, 2015, 08:43:27 am »

Larry squints.  "So... if I say "strip club" to put it in your head, will this place change?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 244