Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 104642 times)

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #510 on: December 07, 2015, 11:09:51 pm »

Village is starting to look really good with the new houses going up! We need to get a deed up. If anyone has some extra coinage on them we should pool it and get things on the go

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #511 on: December 08, 2015, 12:57:43 am »

I should be on tomorrow.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 08, 2015, 10:30:43 am »

Did anyone place a trader? I seem to recall Xardalas purchasing one and handing it off but that's the last I've heard.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 08, 2015, 10:31:59 am »

Did anyone place a trader? I seem to recall Xardalas purchasing one and handing it off but that's the last I've heard.

Need the deed down first before we can place it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 08, 2015, 11:06:53 am »

That seems in opposition to the wiki, which mentions resizing deeds to encompass traders.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 08, 2015, 07:49:38 pm »

It links the tax income from the trader when you place it. So if you want the trader to be taxed into the token upkeep fund then you have to place deed first.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 12, 2015, 04:22:02 pm »

I've been logging in every few hours when I'm around to see if anyone is online and haven't seen anyone all week.

If anyone wants the merchant contract let me know. I'm going to try playing a different server, I'm pretty laggy on Wyvern due to it being European. Going to be playing Primordial. Bit less pop, but I like the admins there, and way less laggy. Same name, Conall, if anyone wants to join me there. Not trying to steal pop from the village, just not seeing anyone actually still in the village so don't see a point continuing on a server that I lag badly on.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 12, 2015, 08:31:19 pm »

No worries! Arranging an actual village takes fervant players, or a big playerbase. Sadly I can't join in on either of those these days since i've got some major-ish problems irl. It was pretty darn fun playing with you guys, even with the useless trips we took on the previous server :)

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 15, 2015, 01:26:51 pm »

Yeah, looks like our wurm settlement is pretty much dead. Lots of great times, mixed with some pretty bad times. Getting together and building the boat to sail over to the Pvp server was great, and I'm glad we did it before the portals went in. Our first location was hilly and challenging to build on, but it was a beautiful spot and relatively easy to access after the tower went up. The first blow to the fun factor was getting griefed by a group of 10 people. Wurm pvp mechanics allow for, and sometimes encourages this behavior though. Its one thing to break through someones defenses and take coin from the deed and make off with some valuables, but its another thing to kill all our animals, dirt over our crops, lower the ql of all our storage by dumping low ql stuff in BSBs, and just be general dickholes. Not to mention the same people screwed up all the alters on the server, making it impossible for people to become priests.

The second spot was grueling to get to, and most of our expeditions to scout it out ended in our deaths. The challenge to settle so far inland was fun for me, but it was mixed with a lot of downtime due to deaths and masses of angry mobs constantly chasing us back down to the water. We finally got relatively set up in the new spot, put up some walls, and built a tower. But I think by this time most of us had lost our steam, and wurm was starting to become more of a chore.

You all are a bunch of classy gents, and I'm always around if people want to pick wurm up again or try something else.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 15, 2015, 02:32:14 pm »

Yeah, kind of sucks. We had a settlement whatsitcalled and a merchant, both ready to be placed down. We had gold, all the iron you could wish for, and a growing cedar grove. We got just over the survival mode hump and barely into expanding and building for fun.

It feels kind of depressing to say "You know all those hours you spent? Oh well." but I guess I had to know it would happen eventually. My only consolation is we lasted longer than Uvellakish while roughing it in a PVP environment.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:34:31 pm by Mephisto »

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 15, 2015, 06:46:08 pm »

Ya I got burned out quite early. I left for work for a week just before the deed was made and was looking forward to seeing what progress was made when I came back. Then just before I came back the griefers came and pillaged the village and I just couldn't be bothered to start again.

On the plus side I did enjoy our boat journeys and also the epic horse ride we had on the first server.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2015, 07:55:30 pm »

Well if you guys want that trader contract you're welcome to it, I can trade it to whoever wants to plant it down. I don't think I'll be back on Wyvern.

I'm having a lot of fun on Primordial. Server pop is usually around 20-25, so less than Wyvern's 80-100ish. But I like the community better. I'm sure it will attract griefers as the pop increases, but so far everyone I've met has been pretty friendly. The pvp map is dangerous though, they increased the strength of monsters there. Easier to skill up in pve land before going there.

They have a referral thing going that gives you 10s if a player joins you there. If anyone wants to do that I'll let them have the silver to get started with, you just have to make a support ticket mentioning my char's name and being a referral. There is already a decent market on pve land, I was able to buy 50ql tools, a sailboat, and a 60ql bow, heh. Barring getting someone to sell to you directly, the trader in town has a bunch of pretty good stuff that people sold him - I bought a 40ql maul and shield from it for like 50 copper. Killing monsters gives money, so you can raise funds for deed upkeep just by fighting instead of finding gold and jewelry craft being the only way to make good money.

Not trying to lead a new village or anything, but if anyone wants to keep playing Wurm and doesn't like Wyvern (I personally left due to laggyness since I'm from the US) it's a pretty good server imo. They're using a steam group for info about the server: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dawgswu

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 16, 2015, 12:22:25 am »

>Mod: Can lead creatures other than horses across water
Now that's something I was looking forward to. WU only has to enable custom mobs or something like it, so we can have more variated horses or even put armor on bears.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 17, 2015, 10:11:05 pm »

Sure, I'll take the trader. I think I might be back, not sure.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 22, 2015, 11:05:26 pm »

Well since I learned my lesson about impulse winter steam sale buying (bought ark survival and found out you can paint dinosaurs...cause I didn't bother reading or watching videos)...I'll be getting a steam refund at some point (probably a few hours or when I wake up it'll be in my steam wallet).

Is Wurm Online any good? I see a lot of people here got worn out on it, but I wouldn't want to play by myself. Anyone still playing it here on bay12?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45