??? [Please, vote ONLY if you are part of the thread]

Iron Fist
- 0 (0%)
Velvet Palm
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 15, 2013, 05:37:07 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Murderwheel: Rabbits, Kittens and Sunshine[Community Fortress]  (Read 46950 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

The ither project I was working on? Well, it is almost done, let me give you a teaser:

Spoiler: Red's Secret Thread (click to show/hide)

I'll add a link here once it is done^^
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Okay, so while I was talking with Exodious, he gave me a few plot details on the upcoming update. This lead to a conversation about kobolds, and how annoying it is that they get steel. This then lead to a conversation about how terrifying it would be if they could get Bluemetal, and then how defenseless they would be if they got a Candy warhammer. I did I bit of !!SCIENCE!! in response to this.
First: Two kobolds, unarmored, with a candy warhammer each and grand master skill in both fighting and warhammers. This experiment found that a Candy warhammer could, in fact, eventually be lethal.
Second: One kobold in full steel armor wielding a candy warhammer with grandmaster skill in fighting, warhammers, armor, dodging, and shields versus an unskilled, unarmed dwarf. It took a few minutes and 52 pages of combat, but eventually, the kobold killed a dwarf with a warhammer blow to the head. Interestingly, it would seem that at some point the kobold grabbed one of the dwarf's loose teeth and used it as a weapon, since she ended the battle with dabbling in misc. object using.
EDIT: There were other tests, but none of them really resulted in anything, nor were they particularly interesting, so I didn't post them.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Chapter XXIII (click to show/hide)

Sorry, I lost majority of the pictures for this update, I am an idiot-.-

You may notice that Gar is indeed using his bow, unless someone was throwing those mahogany arrows^^

As for some underdeveloped bits, like the bow stuff, wait 'til next chapter^^I acctually have some pictures for it^^
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:42:02 pm by exodius1 »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Journal of Gar the Bow Sheriff
The bow is a truly magical thing. I think my job is to put arrow on it and shoot in right direction, and everything else is up to it. Magic!

I think I have a breakthrough in my investigation. We were under kobold siege, and after we locked down a child went berserk. He didn't kill anyone, but what if there's some kind of decease or miasma that turns a sane dwarf into berserk? When the fort is open it dilutes, but when it's closed - in concentrates and bursts out on someone. Maybe that's goblins who bring it? Or kobolds? Or someone else?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  MDWHL #2 (click to show/hide)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On another note, the sheriff Gar is quite the character. He now uses a bow, a weapon dwarves don't use often, and he's getting quite skilled with it. I'm sure he will be a worthy one.
He was the lover of the previous Overseer, and since we haven't chosen the new one yet, I should talk to him about the recent sieges.
Now that I think of it, Gar's bow is quite unnatural... An artifact made just after his lover's murder... Could it be?
I will have to ask him to let me inspect that bow.
No! You don't dare to touch it! It's mine, my precious!
Ehm.. I mean, that's just a bow, though of exceptionaly quality. What do you expext to find there?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you ever think why Red would give a magnificent bow to a dwarf with no ranged experience?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you ever think why Red would give a magnificent bow to a dwarf with no ranged experience?
'cause I'm the dwarf whose job is protecting the fort, that's why! And I do have archer skill now, that's just a matter of training.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's right. And do you know how could a dwarf, with no capability to make bows, suddenly make a magnificent bow for the dwarf protecting the fort who recently lost a lover to a killer?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's right. And do you know how could a dwarf, with no capability to make bows, suddenly make a magnificent bow for the dwarf protecting the fort who recently lost a lover to a killer?
Ehm... I guess that was a strange mood. Any dwarf have chances to experience a strange mood.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And do you know what caused this particular strange mood?
Since I don't expect you to know the answer, I'll be direct.

It was Litheme. Part of her soul is in that bow. That is her last gift to you. Make good use of it.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And do you know what caused this particular strange mood?
Since I don't expect you to know the answer, I'll be direct.

It was Litheme. Part of her soul is in that bow. That is her last gift to you. Make good use of it.
What? It.. it can't be... Oh. I have to think about it.
Wait, how could you know that for so sure?!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:06:47 pm by exodius1 »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, how could you know that for so sure?!
Trust me on this, you'll know in due time.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32