Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1093281 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #6075 on: May 24, 2016, 03:01:06 am »

Walking Tank, After the End

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:14:32 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: May 24, 2016, 04:59:05 pm »

Bryan After the End

Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: May 25, 2016, 07:30:05 am »

"Hey, Zech? Back at the staging area, before last mission, you said that you hated every single deity that ever existed, what did you mean by that?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: May 25, 2016, 07:37:42 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"NORTH!" Ike suggests.

>n

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: May 25, 2016, 10:13:01 am »

"Heh, okay, north it is then."
North
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: May 26, 2016, 04:10:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Hey, Zech? Back at the staging area, before last mission, you said that you hated every single deity that ever existed, what did you mean by that?"

Zechariah had been in a drone-like state for a while now. His mental exhaustion had long taken over during the walk after the crash site. His mind was wandering between different memories of the past. He was slightly startled when Irine called to him. For a moment, he was puzzled by her question, but then realized that she was referring to his anger in the staging area. That seemed so long ago now. His time spent in the Medium seemed even more distant than that.

He looked at Irine and back to the trail. He thought to himself for a few moments before speaking. "I don't hate anyone. It's not in my nature. But something struck me back then. When I used to interact with Eido, who was, well, the 'demiurge' of our multiverse, I used to get angry at his aloofness. He always seemed amused or indifferent to many different things, despite knowing full well that he had the lives of nearly fifty human beings in his hands. Actually, what we were dealing with concerned every living being across the multiverse. Still, I was frustrated. He did not care that many of us were slowly losing our sanity due to the magnitude of our task. He was asking us to work together, in perfect unison, in order to have a slight chance of repelling a force composed entirely of the despair of sentient beings. Many of us would die. Most of us were just kids, or young adults, who hadn't experienced a majority of life. Even then, with all of us working together, it wasn't enough. The last battle was..." He does not finish he sentence, and instead changes the direct topic. "That's why I did it. That's why I sacrificed myself and burned up my soul. I didn't want to see them suffer anymore. None of the Guardians deserved to be just pieces in a game for survival. Well, that, and I was tired. If ceasing to exist was what it took to free them of the hell we were stuck in, I would do it. It's not like I had much to live for personally."

"And now it's round two of the same thing. I didn't ask to be put together again, but here I am, with even less stability than before. Not only am I in a strange place with new people, I have to put up with the worst possible entity to pair with. Of all of the entities, I had to get the one who sees people as means to an end. That's exactly what I was trying to avoid. She gets to see it that way because she's probably existed for, well, forever. My life is just a speck of dust in the grand scheme of things to her, and so are the lives of everyone else here, and everyone that exists on every world. I despise that lack of connection. My power relies on the connections between people - or, at least, it used to with the Medium." He sighs. "Now here I am again. Yet another game for survival, yet another set of pawns, and yet more deities who have boundless understanding and comprehension that I do not have. And, of course, what's a single life when compared to the fate of worlds?" He touches his staff lightly against the ground and pushes off, continuing to walk. "I just don't like when higher powers forget the human. That is all."

North.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: May 26, 2016, 04:28:51 am »

"Now, when you say 'multiverse', do you mean your multiverse, or the multiverse? 'Cause if there's several multiverses, does that mean we live in an ultraverse?"

Ike lets the question hang in the air for a second.

"And from that, could we not infer the existence of an even greater superset of ultraverses, for which we could advance the moniker of... the monsterverse? Or m-verse, if you will, after the as of yet practically unproven M- or monster unified theory of reality."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: May 26, 2016, 04:51:50 am »

"I mean the one I came from - the one that Eido probably had control over. Though, I'm not really sure whether it was actually a multiverse or not. I assumed it was, due to the methods Eido hinted at when talking about his creation of our realms. However, I guess it is possible that we really just lived in a single universe with multiple worlds connected through the Medium. That would be complicated, however, because our enemies - the Shadows - don't really abide by dimensional laws and operate on an entirely new plane of existence. If we were in the same universe, all of our worlds would be overrun at about the same time. That didn't happen, however. In short, I really don't know. Though, that does bring up the question of how I got here and where this multiverse is in relation to my old home." He looks up at the sky, thinking about what might happen if the realms of the entities and Eido could possibly interact.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: May 26, 2016, 05:08:09 am »

"It might very well go all the way up. Monsterverses of ultraverses of multiverses of doubleverses of universes. Which then all fold into even greater collections of monsterverses. I guess if you've got unknown numbers of dimensions you can get some pretty hilarious manipulations of location."

"It's just weird, you know? Nobody really knows what a capital-S Shadow is around here, and nobody seems very concerned about the Ophidian conspiracy, and really all of your former concerns are rendered kind of moot as a multiversal gang of assholes have you play shitty games for their amusement."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: May 26, 2016, 01:55:06 pm »

"Have you ever considered what happens when powers don't forget? When powers bind to every life and the inevitable destruction that living costs rips the power apart? What do you think happens then?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: May 26, 2016, 01:58:15 pm »

"Donuts!"

Alan interjects! Salient point!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: May 26, 2016, 03:13:56 pm »

"I think Alan raises a solid point."

"Although there's probably a gradient between 'fuck the common filth' and 'sacrifice everything for the common good'. Not everything has to be super dramatic, you know. Just be vaguely responsible and throw people a bone every now and then and you'll do fine. No need to agonize over the fine details - better people than ourselves have fucked those up beyond our ability to resolve."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: May 26, 2016, 03:26:49 pm »

"No really, donuts. Does it matter whether the forces or entities that control reality focus on our existences or not? Was it random chance or playful malevolence that caused me to have my organs eaten by an angry Roomba? Was it coincidence or a deliberate scheme by an effectively omnipotent-from-my-perspective being that caused me to have to fight off a pack of ferrets while ODing on thirteen different types of crystal meth and various other drugs in a back alley in Cincinnati, Ohio? Or the time I accidentally ate a baby's foot because it got stuck in a cake and I was too hungry to notice until afterward that there was an infant spurting blood everywhere? Is it fate's design or merely sad chance that I lack the empathy and emotional complexity to grasp the seriousness and consequences of all of my actions? Who cares, more importantly? I'm alive right now. I've met a new alien friend. I have donuts. So chillax and don't worry about it!"
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: May 26, 2016, 04:07:24 pm »

"I care."
"If you don't have a real, responsible opinion on the matter, and are saying that you don't even want to worry about it, that it's not your problem, then I should just take you at your word. You think your opinion has no value. I'll treat it that way."
"Ike, Alan, shut up."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: May 26, 2016, 04:14:07 pm »

"...want sprinkles?"

Offer a donut with sprinkles!
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 521