Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Legendary Artifact Art Contest! Playfortune, the decorated Unicorn Leather Mask!  (Read 30900 times)

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
Re: The Legendary Artifact Art Contest! It menaces with spikes of cat leather.
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2014, 11:10:23 pm »

We have very different approaches, don't we? I pretty much found a picture of a boot and scribbled cyan all over it LOL
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2014, 11:57:19 pm »

I still aspire to work as a professional 3d artist someday, so I'm taking it as an opportunity to experiment with a couple tools and techniques.  Never sculpted an image as relief on a surface like that before, and I'm going to render with a new software.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2014, 06:01:31 am »

FInishing it could give you the win, Salmon! And that's one sexy boot, GW.

Am I meant to pick a winner now? Didn't omnomosaurus have something he was working on?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2014, 11:05:34 am »

Are we still waiting for Salmon and/or omnomosaurus to finish? Or will a winner be picked soon?

EDIT: Sorry if I sound impatient.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2014, 09:24:20 am »

If we're using the FB thread as a guide I think the time's up, especially since om hasn't replied and SG already gave us the go ahead. So, congratulations Shads, you are the winner! I have a soft spot for pencil drawing, I liked the egyptian theme on the second entry, you drew proper warhammers and you went above and beyond with multuiple entries. Having said that, Ameablable and SG didn't make it an easy decision for me as both of theirs were great. And GW is improving. :D

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 02:09:01 pm »

If we're using the FB thread as a guide I think the time's up, especially since om hasn't replied and SG already gave us the go ahead. So, congratulations Shads, you are the winner! I have a soft spot for pencil drawing, I liked the egyptian theme on the second entry, you drew proper warhammers and you went above and beyond with multuiple entries. Having said that, Ameablable and SG didn't make it an easy decision for me as both of theirs were great. And GW is improving. :D
Thanks, DG!

My artifact will be odlerteth, tunneltangle, an alder bow wielded by a vampire.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He somehow managed to light it on fire without getting lit on fire himself after an encounter with this guy,
so it now burns eternally.

More information about Inid, in case anyone was wondering.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2014, 04:50:53 pm »

Thanks, DG!

Looks like I'm back just in time! New artifact ahoy, let me update the thread with the info. How does two weeks for the vampire bow sound? Until approximately Jan 24th.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heres a super quick one with the image carved on the handle. It was fun to do, I'm no artist obviously, but this artifact caught my fancy.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And my attempt:

Plus my entry if I win:

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

Here's my attempt at Odlerteth.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. . . wow, SH, I think you've won.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A few more days, anyone else up for an artifact?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently not . . .

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

Apparently not . . .
I guess you're right.

Well, since it's been two weeks since I posted the new, artifact, Congratulations, GuessWho! You are the winner!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heres one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7