Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Legendary Artifact Art Contest! Playfortune, the decorated Unicorn Leather Mask!  (Read 29812 times)

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.
    • View Profile

You "think" I win, or I do win? ??? Don't wanna jump the gun or anything.

SpookyDoctor

• Bay Watcher
  • Ø
    • View Profile

And then there was silence across the land.
Ø

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*cricket-shaped forgotten beast*

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

Well, I guess that it was assumed to mean that you do win, tree fingers. Want to pick an artifact, or wait for confirmation?

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Google apparently chose sometime last week to remove Picasa's direct link feature in a totally "not evil" way. >:( So I'm going with Photobucket, pending the appearance of a superior alternative. I updated my original mask post too, so it works again.

Anyhoo. On to the next challenge!

The Dwarves of Fortress Boulderclouts the Misty Intensity were fed up with budding geniuses apparently losing their taste for expensive materials while insane with inspiration. So after one too many undecorated chert hatches and lead mugs, the dwarves resolved to lock the next inspired dwarve in his workshop until he promised to use something nice for a change. The result?

For those going for the bonus points, the Waxy Axe of Renown's symbol is ... wait for it ... a dwarf. Legends mode shows a maroon civilian dwarf on light grey. Dwarves under my control have never seen this dingo, Roz Growlday, though they all agree it's somehow both an excellent and stupid name for a ferocious dog.

I also had a slightly more impressive/valuable featherwood figurine of a plains titan. But (a) it's a figurine, so the drawings wouldn't be much different from those in the FB thread and (b) I hid my history, so I couldn't tell you what the titan actually looked like. :-\

SpookyDoctor

• Bay Watcher
  • Ø
    • View Profile

Here's my Quietfrightened!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried to make the materials look different, but there are only so many shades of white.
Ø

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile

Here's my Quietfrightened!
I tried to make the materials look different, but there are only so many shades of white.

That is rad man.

Love how you made roz growlday on guard at top, with a leash that also functions to hold him on the erring.

Hella badass.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

SpookyDoctor

• Bay Watcher
  • Ø
    • View Profile

Thanks man!

>Fish killing dogs, as a parody of Dwarven Nature and the complex relationship they have had with fish.
>Dog and fish both in fetal position to symbolize a new beginning
>The engraving of a King and some Dwarves. The King is surrounded by the Dwarves. The Dwarves are screaming. The King is screaming.
>Menacing spikes.

11/10 would steal if kobold.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:28:10 pm by SpookyDoctor »
Ø

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Stukonatot (Squashedchopped)

This is a forgotten beast bone right gauntlet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with trillion cut brown zircons, studded with gold and encircled with bands of dog bone, yak bone and cushion amethyst cabochons. This object is adorned with handing rings of forgotten beast bone and menaces with spikes of pyrite. On the item is an image of wild strawberries in pyrite.

A_Cuter_Triangle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is my Quietfrightened.  I see that the original post is oldish, but I drew it anyway.

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile

This is a forgotten beast bone right gauntlet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with trillion cut brown zircons, studded with gold and encircled with bands of dog bone, yak bone and cushion amethyst cabochons. This object is adorned with handing rings of forgotten beast bone and menaces with spikes of pyrite. On the item is an image of wild strawberries in pyrite.

Here's my messy attempt at Stukonatot
I took some creative liberties. Instead of making the wild strawberries purely in pyrite, for example, I made the strawberry plant in pyrite, and used the encrusted trillion cut zircons as the fruit, since trillion cut has a vaguely strawberry-like shape. Also, I hastily made the bands of bone and amethyst a ring of alternating bones and smoothed amethyst spheres.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Here's my messy attempt at Stukonatot
I took some creative liberties. Instead of making the wild strawberries purely in pyrite, for example, I made the strawberry plant in pyrite, and used the encrusted trillion cut zircons as the fruit, since trillion cut has a vaguely strawberry-like shape. Also, I hastily made the bands of bone and amethyst a ring of alternating bones and smoothed amethyst spheres.

Nice.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Is this even still on? If so, which one are we doing? I want to contribute!  :o
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7