Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153126 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #780 on: June 06, 2016, 09:33:46 am »

Riiight. I forgot the class challenges. 4/9 of them are top tier almost required cards. Good stuff.

Edit: Also I don't really think Jackson is really top tier, at least not with the meta I've been seeing. Control decks don't care that much, zoo is perfectly willing to make the trade of 30 health for half your deck being bad. Really only good against shaman... Even then you're really weakening your deck when you need dat early consistancy. I mean, good card. Fun card. Just not a great card, mostly. I've heard that Renolock is actually okay... Not seen it much though
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:37:35 am by Criptfeind »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 06, 2016, 09:57:53 am »

I've heard that Renolock is actually okay... Not seen it much though
Check some recent tournaments. Renolock is actually among the strongest competitive decks right now.
But I personally love playing Reno in a rogue deck on ladder. I guess I am just a spiteful person because I love watching opponents melt down when I play Reno five times in one game. Everyone's playing zoolocks and faceshamans anyway, feels good humiliating the buggers.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 06, 2016, 10:04:39 am »

Same here, except when you get a dickbag who just bursts you down from 20+ hp :V

I've been really struggling on ladder recently, barely got to rank 19 last night, it was really horrible. Like, playing control C'Thun priest against a face shaman and getting nothing smaller than a five drop in the first four turns, while the fucker plays perfect curve, it was disgusting.

It's just face and aggro it seems, and I'm honestly thinking of building something to just directly counter that, like, a priest with seven boardclears or something, just to spite the fuckers playing that.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #783 on: June 06, 2016, 10:23:47 am »

I actually in a similar spirit put together a retarded like, control/aggro priest deck. Damn your board and damn your face, kind of thing. It's... more effective than I expected.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 06, 2016, 10:28:08 am »

I've heard that Renolock is actually okay... Not seen it much though
Check some recent tournaments. Renolock is actually among the strongest competitive decks right now.
But I personally love playing Reno in a rogue deck on ladder. I guess I am just a spiteful person because I love watching opponents melt down when I play Reno five times in one game. Everyone's playing zoolocks and faceshamans anyway, feels good humiliating the buggers.

Ah yes, tournaments, I suppose that's legitimate. Although they are totally different beasts then ladder... And I figured the dude at rank 19 wasn't asking if the cards were good for his tournament decks.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 06, 2016, 03:48:49 pm »

Reno is a card you build your deck around. Tournament-level Renolock is actually not an expensive deck. But the cool part about this template is that you can build a sufficiently strong Reno deck just with the cards you have.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 06, 2016, 04:33:28 pm »

Reno is a cool dude but he's fallen out of favor because the deck lost a lot of strong, core cards in standard and hasn't gotten great replacements. Elise has gotten the even shorter end of the stick, because if you're a control deck now you run Nzoth or you get out-controlled and then swept by the opponent's Nzoth.

Finley is still really good in decks with bad hero powers like Tempo Warrior and most shaman decks. Brann is really good in some decks, but none of the decks he's good in are popular right now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 06, 2016, 04:40:21 pm »

Nah, Elise is still played in the super late game decks that are even more late game and control then the Nzoth decks(or sometimes they also have Nzoth) like priest and some warriors. They can handle the Nzoth (well, sometimes) and then in the super late game turn all their useless anti aggro and card draw cards into the legendary train for epic winz. At the least, she's way more viable then Reno. Also any deck that runs C'thun probably runs Brann. And they aren't the best but they are still pretty popular. Particularly druid... I mean, it's not reallly a good deck, but it's alrite.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 06, 2016, 05:29:12 pm »

League of Explorers is definitely the best way to spend money on the game right now. It has at least one very strong class card for every class except Hunter (where you at least get Huge Toad) and a few neutrals that represent upgrades to what you have access to as a new player. Probably the most relevant deck archetype it enables for a new player is Aggro Shaman (the deck really doesn't work at all without Finley and 2x Tunnel Trogg) although you still need Doomhammers for it to really work.

Now that you can dust adventure cards LoE also gives you a lot more dust than buying packs would.

e: I'd actually recommend Pirate Warrior as a newplayer deck, particularly if you have Finley. It's pretty cheap to craft if you find a replacement for Leeroy and it actually sees competitive play.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:36:44 pm by Leafsnail »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 06, 2016, 05:43:32 pm »

Zoo is and eternally will be the go-to new player deck because it teaches so much about how to actually play the game. Hard aggro decks like Aggro Shaman and Pirate Warrior can be really bad because you have to have a sturdy understanding of how the game works and what decisions to make before you can succeed with the deck.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 06, 2016, 05:47:06 pm »

Aye, control decks aren't neccessarily worse than aggro and zoo, they just have a much higher skill cieling because you gotta keep track of both decks and what is played to be able to always control the board situation and win trough that. Contrasted with aggro and zoo which is a simple flow chart of: no minons on board? => play minion => if minion on board go face.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 06, 2016, 06:28:28 pm »

That's not true at all. Zoo is almost always playing for board and it has a lot of effects that it needs to think about to do it, like managing dire wolf alpha dances and where to position minions. Aggro decks have to think about how to efficiently spend resources to get the most damage in before they run out of steam, and what minions are important enough to value killing over face.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 06, 2016, 08:32:32 pm »

I figured the dude at rank 19 wasn't asking if the cards were good for his tournament decks.

This is correct. I can't really function on low-ladder right now because everyone seems to be gold grinding with their 4+ legendary decks and my C'thun Shaman can't hold a winning streak enough to advance really far.

I am going to go ahead and buy LoE, with the knowledge that I can start saving gold up for future stuff and not have to spend any more real money on the game. $40 isn't a terrible investment for a Blizzard game, to me.

Shame I missed the Blackrock Mountain one, though. Not spending money on it and I won't have enough time with it at this point to make it worth the goldfarm, but it's so chock-full of WoW Nostalgia for me...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 06, 2016, 08:40:30 pm »

It's worth it to buy the first branch of BRM at some point in the next few months since I believe we still have most of a year with it still being in rotation. As long as you own one branch of an adventure, you can still buy the rest at your leisure even after it rotates out.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 06, 2016, 09:14:53 pm »

It's worth it to buy the first branch of BRM at some point in the next few months since I believe we still have most of a year with it still being in rotation. As long as you own one branch of an adventure, you can still buy the rest at your leisure even after it rotates out.

Ah, thanks. I'm a ways off from wild decks but I'll be sure to snag the first branch sometime.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 109