Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153509 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #990 on: August 23, 2016, 05:31:10 pm »

Well, I've got 760 dust and need 2 doomhammers, 2 flame jugglers, and a charger. I might be able to swap... a flame juggler for a knife juggler? Maybe? But it's going to be suboptimal either way and I already have Al sitting there.

I think I'm close to a ceiling on the bizarre totemy midrange thing I'm running at rank 11, hoping aggro might be a little more consistent to push towards 10 or *crosses fingers* 5 before the season ends. I can only rely on surprise for so long, after all.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 23, 2016, 05:39:33 pm »

I'll be honest, despite my cynicism against the adventure, I don't think I'd craft any big expensive cards for the next month or so. If you really wanta push for rank 5 then yeah dem doomhammers will probably get you there, aggro decks are really strong right now with so many bad decks people like frostshot are trying out experimental decks on the ladder right now, but who knows if one of the experiments will actually pan out and redefine the meta. I sorta feel like the meta is a bit fragile, tempo and aggro decks are too strong and only warrior (and sorta druid) can handle them, so we get warrior and druid standing against warlock and shaman, but if something shifts and the tempos are forced to slow down or some more decks manage to join the ranks of good control decks, we might get a big shift fast... like, who knows, maybe beast druid becomes the new op deck, and things shift around that.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 23, 2016, 08:56:22 pm »

Don't play aggro shaman without 2 doomhammers. Alakir is not a substitute. It's really really really hard to win without playing exactly doomhammer and running 1 halves the chance.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 23, 2016, 09:04:46 pm »

Well. Alakir isn't a good substitute, but he certainly is one. You need to play exactly doomhammer in about three cases, the first is when you're against a deck with a limited amount of healing and you play it out to hit them in the face over and over and over and over, and in that case Alakir won't cut it. Other times you play it to finish out the game in a single turn or so of burst, which alakir will (sometimes better but often worse and probably overall somewhat worse) substitute. Lastly in the mirror (or sometimes against other aggro or tempo decks) you sometimes play doomhammer and control the board with it, which is an incredibly dangerous thing to do but if they can't burn you down it'll win you the game. Which, Alakir once again is a somewhat crappy substitute in that role that's sometimes better but often worse.

All and all, he's a crappy substitute but I'd say he is at least a substitute. Doomhammer is an important card and if you had like, dragon warrior or token druid you could probably get a higher win rate with one of those then with a 1 doom hammer aggro shaman... Buttttt if you're a new player one doomhammer aggro shaman MIGHT be better then your, well, no offense, totem shaman weird deck thing.

Edit: I mean, that said. Doomhammer is a very important card and if you wanta play aggro shaman I would make it a priority.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:07:50 pm by Criptfeind »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 23, 2016, 09:19:40 pm »

I guess I'll quit playing the game until a full collection teleports onto my account then.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 23, 2016, 09:21:27 pm »

I didn't realize that was an option, but hey, if it works yeah that'd be a pretty cool way to go around it.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 23, 2016, 09:29:50 pm »

I don't know. 4 answers from 2 different places where I asked the question. I'm supposed to play arena to get cards, buy classic packs to get cards, try a janky aggro deck to climb ladder for extra dust, and not under any circumstances try an aggro deck because I can't afford cards.

I've already fucked up big a couple times since I started playing (crafting priest cards because I thought they were fun was the highlight, apparently), so I tried asking. I don't have the spare cash to throw at gaming right now, so my options are limited.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #997 on: August 23, 2016, 09:41:36 pm »

I'm doing alright and I haven't thrown a single dollar into the game. Do your daily quest, buy card pack with gold. It's slow and it works fine

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 24, 2016, 02:16:30 am »

Alright, I've decided to sit on the decision a while, wait until the meta shakes out.

If anyone was curious This is the deck I was experimenting with originally. Looking over it, some things still need changing and it lacks a bit of direction, but I had fun with it most of the time.

Now, I'm trying out a spellpower deck since I have everything except the Twilight Hammer. I subbed in a stormforged axe for it for now, and might try spirit claws + Twilight or Doomhammer once claws are released. It's taking some getting used to but it's still fairly effective down in the rank 12 gutter.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 25, 2016, 12:31:44 pm »

Well, the next wing is out. Uh. The fights are pretty boring. But at least we're finally ready to see how cancerous watcher priest beast druid will be.

Babbling books voice lines are pretty cool though.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:41:23 pm by Criptfeind »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1000 on: August 25, 2016, 12:41:31 pm »

Is anyone else both loathing and loving this week's brawl?

For anyone who hasn't tried it, you pick a class and you have a deck composed of nothing but 2/3 pirates. Each turn, instead of drawing, you get to choose between 3 totally fucking random cards. They'll be a mix of general cards and class cards for your class. It's like an ongoing arena battle, but you make your deck on the fly and it could well never end because you only draw from your deck if you have a spell or ability that says to.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 25, 2016, 12:44:23 pm »

Uh. I think it's just generally middle of the line rng brawl, which I sorta like because doing quests in brawls like this are pretty easy. This is the first time I've played this specific one because I managed to miss the previous two times we had this one, but it doesn't seem to special ether way to me to be honest despite that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1002 on: August 25, 2016, 12:47:09 pm »

Uh. I think it's just generally middle of the line rng brawl, which I sorta like because doing quests in brawls like this are pretty easy. This is the first time I've played this specific one because I managed to miss the previous two times we had this one, but it doesn't seem to special ether way to me to be honest despite that.
Ahh ok. I've never played this before.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 25, 2016, 03:43:24 pm »

My first brawl match this week was okay, but after that it starts to feel like a looooooooooooooooooooooooong coin toss. Just like arenas, but I don't have to sit there and wait for an arena draft each game.

I don't think I'll play it much for risk of getting sick of it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 25, 2016, 05:04:50 pm »

I think there's some interesting tactics involved but the games do take forever.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 109