Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153107 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1455 on: August 28, 2017, 01:10:39 pm »

Shredder can't compete with 3 or more buffed Dudes (unless you run N'zoth). The deck is kinda focused on Dudes.

Point taken on light Rag, I'll mess around with regular Rag or Lich King instead... the whole point is using a budget substitute to put off crafting Tirion a little longer so I can afford this and a highlander shadowreaper priest deck.

The longer I play the more standard format seems like a money pit for delusional "but I'm competitve!" players to ride a treadmill. I think snagging stronger Wild cards is a better game plan long-term, so I'm trying to build up that side of my collection more.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 28, 2017, 01:38:32 pm »

I would start with this list:
Code: [Select]
AAEBAZ8FBq8H+g6eEMkWucECiMcCDKcF9Q3qD+wP7Q/ZrgL/rwKzwQK4xwLZxwLjywKmzgIA
Lightfused stegodon can feel really underwhelming, it basically exists for the sole purpose of mustard - stego. You may want to drop a steg for tirion or a second keeper. Also divine favor vs solemn vigil is basically a "How am I feeling today" call. You've definitely got options for teching differently.
This is a quite aggresive version of dude paladin and I see little reason to go for hydrologists over knife jugglers. 
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 28, 2017, 03:24:10 pm »

We learned that lesson when MC came out. It turns out paladin secrets are actually pretty decent when you don't have to worry about drawing them, and being able to select which secret you want for the situation is worth the 1 stat point under curve that knife juggler is. Minibot is a stupid card, and I don't think anyone is contesting that, and then there's just not enough room to fit KJ in.

Shredder is definitely a contender for the card slot, but the deck doesn't really benefit much from the sticky-ness, so it's basically a 3 mana body that spawns a 1 mana body, and the deck would rather take its 3 mana body with 1 bonus mana now. The best case for shredder is a 3 mana body, whereas the blowout for stego is it gives 3 dudes poison or something which is worth much more. Shredder is a good card, but pally 4 mana slot is the single most competitive mana costed card in any curvestone deck.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 28, 2017, 03:42:54 pm »

We learned that lesson when MC came out. It turns out paladin secrets are actually pretty decent when you don't have to worry about drawing them, and being able to select which secret you want for the situation is worth the 1 stat point under curve that knife juggler is. Minibot is a stupid card, and I don't think anyone is contesting that, and then there's just not enough room to fit KJ in.
I agree that hydrologist is a good card but... I still think that it is not the deck for it. We have no murloc synergy, we have no stonehill defenders, we have no tirion, there are even anti-synergy with divine favour. It value drops.

Potential tempo gained from Knife Juggler looks way more valuable for what this deck tries to do. Turn 1 Righteous defender, turn 2 knife juggler, turn 3 muster and the board is yours. Turn 3 juggler + lost in jungle or righteous defender is not something weak either.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 28, 2017, 04:01:25 pm »

anyone has had luck taking down the Lich King as a druid?

it has been a headache just trying to get past the second stage. and even then i barely have dented him. blizzard made him too much broken, cant put cheap stuff, cant put big minions, cant jade, and the guy gets the board full in a few turns. its almost impossible to clear.

EDIT:

nvm, this guy is impossible it seems. think im gonna get the hero cards from packs instead. what a waste of time.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:51:50 pm by xaritscin »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 28, 2017, 06:40:35 pm »

Shredder is definitely a contender for the card slot, but the deck doesn't really benefit much from the sticky-ness, so it's basically a 3 mana body that spawns a 1 mana body, and the deck would rather take its 3 mana body with 1 bonus mana now. The best case for shredder is a 3 mana body, whereas the blowout for stego is it gives 3 dudes poison or something which is worth much more. Shredder is a good card, but pally 4 mana slot is the single most competitive mana costed card in any curvestone deck.
What? The deck benefits a lot from stickiness, it has 4 different buffs that need a body on the board to do anything useful.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 29, 2017, 01:32:58 am »

What? The deck benefits a lot from stickiness, it has 4 different buffs that need a body on the board to do anything useful.
It has 4 different cards that give you dudes AND heropower that gives you a dude. Stegodon have more synergy.

There are no good shredder on 4, followed by turn 5 play. There are turn 3 muster or turn 3 lost in the jungles + heropower/2 drop followed by lightfused stegodon.

Even if we replace stegodon with something, there are better 4 mana options like the sword, the second keeper of uldaman or blessing of kings, consecration or even neutral stuff like defender of argus or cult master.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:39:33 am by Strongpoint »

Rumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 29, 2017, 01:24:39 pm »

it has been a headache just trying to get past the second stage. and even then i barely have dented him. blizzard made him too much broken, cant put cheap stuff, cant put big minions, cant jade, and the guy gets the board full in a few turns. its almost impossible to clear.

EDIT:

nvm, this guy is impossible it seems. think im gonna get the hero cards from packs instead. what a waste of time.

Okay, this is not an impossible fight.  Here is a deck I have used to defeat this encounter:

Lich King Druid Adventure
Class: Druid

2x (0) Innervate
2x (1) Earthen Scales
2x (1) Elven Archer
2x (1) Goldshire Footman
2x (1) Grimscale Oracle
2x (1) Jade Idol
2x (1) Murloc Raider
2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
2x (1) Voodoo Doctor
2x (2) Bloodfen Raptor
1x (2) Mark of the Wild
2x (2) Wild Growth
2x (2) Wrath
1x (3) Feral Rage
2x (3) Jade Blossom
2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer

Quick Copy Code:
AAECAZICAtUBvqsCDoQBvwHYAf4BhQP+A4gFxAaaB6QH5Ai0uwLLvAL5wAIA

# To use this deck, copy the code to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone. The create deck button will read the clipboard and give you an option.

The trick here is that the Lich King's turn one card will destroy alot of fluff so you are left with a lean, pared down jade deck. You aim is to ramp up to Gadgetzan Auctioneer ASAP and then spam as many jades as possible in the the turns that your Auctioneers are alive. To that end, you should mulligan for Wild Growth and Jade Blossom. Use Wrath to cycle for ramp or Auctioneer + Innervate + Jade Idol. Use Feral Rage and Mark of the Wild for board control but they are optional, replace them with low cost minions if you prefer. Don't expect an Auctioneer to last more than one turn, the LK may Obliterate anything on the board. Earthen Scales for healing is probably better than using it to make favorable trades. Even after you fill your board you can use free mana to continue to summon more jades so that the next one you have space for is even bigger than it would be otherwise.

Obviously you won't win 100% of the time. This is a tough adventure. But give this deck a shot, it does work.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 29, 2017, 03:27:03 pm »

Also, when dealing with AI bosses, don't waste your time if your starting hand is not what you need. Buttom right > restart as many times as necessary to get the nuts.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1464 on: September 02, 2017, 11:55:52 am »

Well, I decided to pick up HS again for the first time in ages today... and I might just put it back down. I hadn't realised quite how oppressive the Druidstone meta seems to be right now. Drawing even moderately poorly against a druid with even something of good hand seems pretty much like you can concede right there.

Admittedly I'm tilted and have hardly been playing recently, but it's mildly infuriating. Particularly since apparently there are people with fully kitted out meta decks well below rank 20?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: September 02, 2017, 01:26:37 pm »

In the first few days of the month everyone's reset to the bottom of the ladder anyway.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: September 02, 2017, 08:49:13 pm »

EDIT:

druid is by far one of the easiest. what would ever make you think you can't jade.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: September 02, 2017, 11:05:38 pm »

Yeah. I just played with my msog jade deck for druid. His power had no effect and although it took a few tries all I needed to do was ramp up and jade up fast enough to survive turn 7, make a few good trades, then it was an easy win. 6 2/6s sounds like a lot but he trades poor enough that like, two six sixes trade for all of them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:08:59 pm by Criptfeind »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 04, 2017, 01:01:08 pm »

So, it looks like Druidstone might be coming to an end soon. http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-will-reveal-a-nerf-to-hearthstones-druid-class-this-week/

My personal hope is that they nerf Spreading Plague or any of the mana ramp cards.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: September 04, 2017, 01:15:44 pm »

Ultimate Infestation is around 15 mana worth of effects and it usually gets played on turn 8. That one card is grotesque, and it's the only reason the mana ramp cards are worth playing in such high numbers.

But yeah, I can see Blizzard gutting the entire rest of the class that's never been a real problem before just to avoid admitting what a terrible decision UI was.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 109