Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 97720 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2016, 11:03:14 am »

I've unlocked the music that played during the E3 trailer for the game. And it's awesome.

The good stuff begins at 00:29.

I love your soundtrack, Fates. Keep impressing me.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 09, 2016, 01:43:37 pm »

I've unlocked the music that played during the E3 trailer for the game. And it's awesome.

The good stuff begins at 00:29.

I love your soundtrack, Fates. Keep impressing me.

That's also the battle theme for late game Birthright. It is indeed awesome.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 09, 2016, 03:52:26 pm »

My Birthright game is progressing quite nicely! I've made it to Chapter 16 and somehow Oboro and Takumi are both higher-leveled than our resident EXP sponge Corrin. :v

Also, I translated Bloodline. Pretty big spoilers, but then again they're available from chapter 6 onward, so I'm not sure how spoilery you'd count them.
Spoiler: Bloodline (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 09, 2016, 06:49:21 pm »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 09, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »

Say, has anybody else noticed that End of All has a small section in it taken from Id ~ Purpose? I thought that was a nice touch.

Also, the official soundtrack for Fates has been announced. And while I'm excited about that and all, there's one track that I'm extra excited about hearing.
e5-01. Bearer of Hope (Fates version)
That is, a rearrangement of Bearer of Hope, the absolutely awesome song that plays in Radiant Dawn defense chapters. GET. HYPE.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 09, 2016, 08:07:13 pm »

I'm currently at Ch17 Birthright. I'm gonna need to do some serious FE crunching here, cause it's a race to Revelations now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 10, 2016, 02:27:16 am »

I just noticed that your equipped weapon renders in cutscenes, leading to this scenario:

"Don't move one inch, or I'll be forced to END you!" Corrin says as she threateningly gestures with a Daikon Radish...

It was a small moment, but that had me bawling in laughter.

Also, I noticed that you seem to get a LOT of money in Birthright. I have something like +80K right now, just from story missions. What do you want me to do with all this cash BR?!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 10, 2016, 06:38:13 am »

not be pohrian
Black lives matter.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 10, 2016, 08:38:33 am »

Gee, Revelations hard seems to be one dick move after another.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:42:05 pm by Trapezohedron »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 10, 2016, 07:54:34 pm »

I'd consider alot of that very spoilery, best to tag it.

I'm almost done with Birthright. Currently on Chapter 23.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 10, 2016, 08:50:08 pm »

I married Oboro, myself. Partly because of the eugenics factor and partly because I found her somewhat charming, but holy crap does she like her double entendres.

On chapter 21. Is it just me, or does the game got weirdly easy after you promote everybody? The last real challenge I had was chapter 15.

Also, did anybody else like Iago better in Birthright than in Conquest? In Conquest he's all "hahaha I'm going to make your life hell" in the background, and the game tries to make him seem intimidating but he fails miserably because of his over-the-top behind-the-scenes sadism. But in Birthright he regularly confronts you openly and pokes fun at his obvious, stereotypical evilness by doing things like acknowledging the obligatory witty banter before fights.
I've found she's not actually too bad if you nurture her strength a little. Invest in some tonics, hand her Energy drops, maybe give her some Seraph Robes or something. She's on my A-team at the moment; I've found she gets a lot better after you promote her.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 10, 2016, 09:45:10 pm »

She has horribad growths. Painted abs even has worse growth rates for STR than Sakura herself.

Also low HP growths, in a game where capping HP is quite hard to do now. Best reclass her to a fighter asap.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 10, 2016, 10:03:30 pm »

Well, yeah, I know that. But her Defense, Speed, and Skill are through the roof. With a little (OK, a lot) of TLC she's pretty accurate for a fighter knockoff.

(Alternatively, she makes a great Strength-giving pair-up bot.)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 10, 2016, 10:23:01 pm »

Well, I kinda agree with the second point. That +4 when damaged a wee bit is awesome. That said, I may turn FakeAbs into a waifu, so I might actually start playing RinkahEmblem soon.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 10, 2016, 10:27:01 pm »

I speak from experience when I say Rinkah can be downright terrifyingly powerful.

I have her as a part of my A-team right now. She's super tanky, which is awesome, and the Death Blow ability she gets from classing up to Oni Chieftain (which gives her 20 more crit when she initiates an attack) in combination with a Great Club (which has like 50 crit by default) gives her upwards of 70(!!!) crit chance, which instakills anything easily.

I married her to Takumi, and have just used a Partner seal to reclass her to Sniper. Once she gets the Certain Blow skill (which gives 40 Hit when initiating attacks, effectively making up for the Great Club's low accuracy) her practically guaranteed crits will probably never miss. In other words, she'll be able to get guaranteed insta-kill attacks against all but the most absurdly evasive units.

Granted, it's taken a while to get her this strong. Was it worth? Oh, most definitely.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 70