Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98421 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #750 on: April 06, 2016, 10:47:32 pm »

Gunter is the worst worst Jeigan the series has featured ever, at least on Revelation. You're expected to use him to tank a few hits... except on Revelation, he returns to you quite early with his early-game stats and lackluster growths. In conquest at least, you regain him with better stats, but in Revelation? You're soon ditching him after Chapter 8.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 07, 2016, 06:34:01 am »

Yeah, I never used Gunter. His only possible redeeming feature is his so-so personal skill which synergizes with the MC, and the fact that he's a good promoted unit that gives good bonuses to pair-ups.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 07, 2016, 03:31:48 pm »

Gunter is the worst worst Jeigan the series has featured ever, at least on Revelation. You're expected to use him to tank a few hits... except on Revelation, he returns to you quite early with his early-game stats and lackluster growths. In conquest at least, you regain him with better stats, but in Revelation? You're soon ditching him after Chapter 8.
The exact reason I want to grind him up to a god unit after beating the game :P

I thought he was implemented very well, though. [Dying three chapters in] on Birthright and disappearing for a while everywhere else was a surprisingly good twist that helped the otherwise really weird and poorly-storytold early-game not completely suck. [Being a lategame boss on Revelation helps, too.]

EDIT:
EDIT2:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:53:58 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 09, 2016, 08:40:45 pm »

Bumping to ask a question:
Does Gunter ever gain the ability to support in Revelation? Or is he permanently locked out of them for no reason? I spoiled myself on [him being possessed by Anankos and all] on accident and figured that was why; [after Chapter 26 and Corrin and Azura beat/sing the Anankos out of him] does he learn to talk to others again?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 09, 2016, 08:43:41 pm »

Nope. No supports in Revelation.
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 09, 2016, 08:50:12 pm »

I mean no offense, but have you seen that with your own eyes, or is it hearsay?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 09, 2016, 08:55:51 pm »

Quote from: The Fire Emblem Wiki, which I use because I know nothing about Fates
*Gunter cannot have support conversations/gain support bonuses in Revelation
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 09, 2016, 09:29:34 pm »

Quote from: The Fire Emblem Wiki, which I use because I know nothing about Fates
*Gunter cannot have support conversations/gain support bonuses in Revelation
I noticed that; the reason I was asking is because Serenes Forest implies otherwise. :v I guess I'll just find out in a couple chapters, I'm on 24 right now.

Thanks anyway!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 09, 2016, 09:32:15 pm »

You're welcome, and sorry for not bothering to include an end quote tag in there that messed up your post. :P
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 10, 2016, 11:36:34 am »

Nope. :(

Finished Revelation earlier today. Holy crap, is that last level a doozy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unexpectedly, my best unit at the end there was probably Benny. By having him wear Silas like a backpack his General-induced lower MOV is compensated for, and more importantly his DEF got bumped up to around 50. The two of them more or less soloed the final boss's right arm by using a Venge Naginata and some vulneraries.

Spoiler: On Fates as a whole (click to show/hide)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #760 on: April 10, 2016, 08:03:43 pm »

Spoiler: Plot Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 10, 2016, 08:35:51 pm »

Spoiler: Plot Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Speaking of Dragon Veins, I hope something in the vein (heh) of those returns in the next game. The map not being completely static was a huge game-changer that really helps make the gameplay as good as it is.

EDIT:
Spoiler: OTP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:06:38 pm by Tawarochir »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 15, 2016, 02:23:09 pm »

*Sigh*

Putting off Conquest chapter 17 for now. Not because I can't beat it (my Great Knight and General take 0 damage even WITH debuffs) but because it's going to be a tedious waste of my time. The only good strategy here is to put my tanks at chokepoints with javelins and poke the enemies while taking no damage until all of them are dead.

A lot of the levels in Fates are very well designed... but not all of them. This one, with its absurd number of ninjas and tiny corridors, is complete and utter stupid.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 15, 2016, 02:51:40 pm »

Yeah, pretty much any map that has a lot of Ninjas is going to force you to be extremely cautious as you approach them, to ensure they can't score debuffs and multiple attacks on your weaker characters.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 15, 2016, 03:18:56 pm »

Oh, the ninja death cave. Hated that place, it's one of the nasty Conquest levels where the level is more annoying than challenging.

Man, all both of the Mokushu levels are lame. There's the spike pit forest that they use in Revelation and Birthright which is both annoying and tedious because the spike pits slow you down, deal scratch damage, and just kind of irritate you overall, and then there's the ninja cave here.

Kotaro can go jump into one of his own spike pits.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70