Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317799 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2014, 07:35:40 am »

"Stranger, would you be interested in an alliance for our mutual benefit?"
Offer Eric an alliance beetwen ourseleves.
Do that via PM with him. Use the thread to either post your actual actions (those that depend on me, not another player) or just to say that you PMed me your action.

That was definitely the coolest way to die ever.

Put me back IN the waitlist, please. Same character.
I'm glad you didn't feel like that was unfair. You really had bad luck. I really didn't expect someone to die from a 7 pot electric bear.

Wonder if Mako died and who gets the credit/points for the kill.
He died from a fatal injury, caused by Cromwell, who is dead. Nobody gets the points.

-Snip-
Mission accomplished.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2014, 09:18:38 am »

WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2014, 05:20:30 pm »

I need Elephant Parade's action and Darkpaladin's (because he can do other things if he wanted to do so)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2014, 05:22:34 pm »

Fire word. I can PM it to you if you want, but I think you know that I know it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2014, 05:29:35 pm »

The rock would be the muggle who sides with the wizards. They are the meatshields, protecting the mages until they can strike down the scissors, and then share knowledge with the rock.

My next character will be this if I die soon. 3 points in Endurance and Dexterity, 1 point each in Will, Speed, and Pool.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2014, 05:31:21 pm »

No need, you have used it before.

I suppose that you are going to use it in a way that it can hurt Zentol, right?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2014, 05:57:58 pm »

Sorry, I didn't post my action sooner because I was waiting for Rolepgeek to respond to my PM.
Follow Rolepgeek if he goes anywhere. Cast some spells at the nearby wall, or if anyone hostile shows up, at them.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2014, 05:58:17 pm »

It would mostly be there to killblock him and wear him down slowly(I think it's tougher than he is strong, though with his kills I might be wrong).

In exchange for my protection, the wizards would give me better shit to protect them as they make it. And I will be getting tougher and stronger, until they can't kill me either(WOOH 9 POINTS IN WILL)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2014, 06:02:10 pm »

Sorry, I didn't post my action sooner because I was waiting for Rolepgeek to respond to my PM.
Follow Rolepgeek if he goes anywhere. Cast some spells at the nearby wall, or if anyone hostile shows up, at them.
You have only one pool. And you have to PM me or just post what spell you want to try.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2014, 06:22:22 pm »

No. I am going to use it on myself and go out with style.

Fire. Hit Zentol.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2014, 07:30:37 pm »

No. I am going to use it on myself and go out with style.

Fire. Hit Zentol.
I suggest to try a different thing if you expect a different result. Also, the burn damage gets nasty in upper levels (well, as every kind of damage)

Also, I'm going to say that there are some spells that can't be avoided.

Turn coming tomorrow, though.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2014, 01:40:19 am »

Meh. I guess I'll do some science, then.

Word.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2014, 08:53:57 am »

Turn 007

Magical Science again.

You  stop staring at the Greenhouse room. Yeah, stuff is already as it was before you entered, nothing else can appear in that place, right?
You then do some of this physics denying thing that is called magic:

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears and forms the shape of an animal. The only thing you can discern from it is that it has four legs. How helpful.

[Pot:5]
Another golden line appears and forms a stinger. Those are the things that come from the butt of bees that they use to stab you, right? It even looks pretty sharp, but soon it then fades away.

-snip- ((How does it feel to be bullied by the GM?))

That jumping line scared the shit out of you. Yep, you are not going to mess up with that magic again.
You decide to try to (hopefully) inoffensive magic.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A golden line appears and forms a shape of a giant hand, which, if we ignore the fact that it is just a drawing, could crush you. Okay, maybe this magic can be dangerous too, but only if used the right way.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A bunch of paper appears in front of you.

Another golden line appears, then forms a really big foot. The GM then stops describing the situation and abstains from making bad jokes involving your name.

Ah...re-science?
You try that word again:

[Pot:4-1=3]
A faint golden glimmer appears to be coming out from that point in the wall you have been staring at while you pronounced that word.

"Sure. Beats fighting you just because you're there."

Say words in the Name of Genericness!
"Hey, let's read a lot of this bullshit together and see what happens, what's the worst thing that could happen?"

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears, then begins drawing something. It begins as a tongue, but then you notice that it has a mouth on it, showing a lot of teeth. Well, they are more like mini-tongues. There is actually three rows of them. Over the tongue, another tongue comes out, forming a kind of a fin, and over the mouth part, a ramified set of tongues appear, similar to antlers. The strange creature also has four legs, all made from articulated sets of tongues. The golden line then fades away.

An offense to Mother Nature is the worst thing that could happen. You are sure that if she weren't a metaphor for more complicated phenomena, she would be jumping from a tree with a rope made from thorny vines around her neck onto a hungry pack of laser-firing werewolves.

Well, while your friend there is about to cause an epidemic of suicides of biology teachers, you try something too.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A bit of nothing flies to  your right.

Both you and your partner see a shadow fly from the Northern Hallway to the Western one. It was going pretty fast, that's all that you can tell. And it left behind some kind of green glow that is slowly dissipating.

Well then.

RAAAAGE.

Meh. I guess I'll do some science, then.

Word.

[Derm Spd:2]
[Zentol Spd:4-1=3]
[Flimsy Spd:2-1=1]
[Bear Spd:6-1=5]

The Bear, still full of rage, tries to hit The Dragon Knight.

[Bear Dex:5]
[DK Dex:6]

But The Dragon Knight stops staring at that wall and backs away just in time to avoid the fire paw. It seems that the fire of the bear is burning with a bit less heat.

Zentol, meanwhile, goes to hit The Flimsy Wizard.

[Zentol Dex:4+3-1=6]
[Flimsy Dex:2-1=1]

[Zentol Str:3+1=4]

Zentol does a well-placed elbow strike to The Flimsy Wizard's right arm. Damn, it appears that a nerve was hit. It really hurts!

[Pain II]

Then it is Derm's time to act! He walks to the eldritch psychopath and says some words:

[Pot:2]
Some static can be felt in the air.

[Pot:4]

[Zentol dex:5] ((and all his insane modifiers))
[Derm dex:2]

A cloud of fire appears in front of Derm. While Zentol is already getting used to evading these things, it's the first time Derm has to do so. He manages to get out a little, but the clod still catches him. His right arm and torso are caught in the flames, now they are slightly burned.

[Minor burns]

The FLimsy Wizard, still in pain but seeing how Zentol didn't really do much, tries a word:

[Pot:2+2=4]
A lot of thoughts suddenly rush through your head, and those thoughts weren't produced by your own mind.

You can all see a green glow coming through the hallway. As you all stop fighting to watch it, its cause suddenly flies into the room. A dark shadow, that's all that you can see. It flies near the floor directly to the fire cat in an ascending fashion. It just goes through it, but then you notice what happened. The cat is now headless. Its head is now in mid air spinning from whatever had that shadow that cut it. The dark creature turns in mid air and goes through the head again, looking for more, phasing through it but somehow cutting it in half. While the shadow leaves the room from its only exit with the same celerity it had when it entered, each half of the head loses its integrity as they fall, touching the floor as a vague cloud of dirt. The cat's body had collapsed, and its fire dissipated by this time. The only thing that is left is a faint and somewhat green trace of gas, which has been left by the shadow.

That's some thing you don't want to mess with.

Spoiler: Status effects update (click to show/hide)

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

GM comments
I repeat this: if possibly, PM me both the code and the word. If I happen to type wrong one of them, I have the other alternative.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2014, 11:40:59 am »

-snip-
-snip- ((How does it feel to be bullied by the GM?))
-snippy-
A golden line appears and forms a shape of a giant hand, which, if we ignore the fact that it is just a drawing, could crush you. Okay, maybe this magic can be dangerous too, but only if used the right way.
[Pot:3+1=4]
A bunch of paper appears in front of you.
Another golden line appears, then forms a really big foot. The GM then stops describing the situation and abstains from making bad jokes involving your name.
-MOAR SNIPPY CAPTAIN!-
How do I feel?

Mildly amused! :P Chuckling in fact, and the preceding comma is the only punctuation that makes this seem not sarcastic, so I had to put something after it. Like that. Yup. :-X

Magic does not surprise me. I try "harder" magic and get crappy rolls, try some easy stuff and get what can only be described as ineffective magical overkill.
It seems appropriate that I discover paper, it seems to be an early material for me in any gamI MEAN IN LIFE. YUP. WHAT IS A GAME?

You can clearly see, as I need not worry about uncertainty related to "snipping", I now get to make my posts as long-winded as I like!
(Totally how it works)

*ahem* Sorry. TURN.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2014, 12:43:21 pm »

Attempt to alleviate all these injuries I've got. Robes as bandages?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 197