Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317249 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The tragic tale of the Igor family
« Reply #1815 on: December 30, 2014, 04:41:40 pm »

Oops, thought I'd posted an action. Rest.
Remember you can focus, if you so desire.
If you focus, do you still regain pool?
Yes, because you are out of combat. There is no reason to increase recovery time if you are not hurting anyone.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 30, 2014, 05:49:07 pm »

"What the... Where am I?
Is it like in all those books? Great! Is this the beginning of my adventure? YES!
But, still... where the hell am I?"

Look around and check my surroundings. If anyone is around and aggressive, or just scary, run away; when I'm safe, or immediately if nobody is around, I open my book and say G-101, then G-104 (I'll keep my words public when I'm alone doing science without any danger). If I'm attacked and I can't escape, just try to punch the attacker on the nose.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 01, 2015, 07:23:16 am »

Waitlist me maybe?

Name:Doris the Dinner Lady
Appearance:A saintly old dear, still in those weird mob cap things dinner ladies wear, and an apron
Stats:
Str:
Dex:3
Spd:
Wil:
End:3
Pot:
Pol:3
Status effects:
Transformation status:
Inventory:
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 01, 2015, 08:26:39 am »

Waitlist me maybe?

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)
Waitlisted!

In another news, I sent the PMs to see if we can have a turn before the one year anniversary of the game.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: January 01, 2015, 09:15:17 am »

Five is quorum in my book!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: January 01, 2015, 10:05:17 am »

Five is quorum in my book!
Yeah, but considering the festivities and all that, it is reasonable if some guys need a little more time. Anyway, I just need an action from Lost in Nowhere (Syvarris not being active for two weeks makes me think that he is not coming back)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: January 01, 2015, 12:40:51 pm »

More science!
(Also, happy new year, everyone!)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: January 01, 2015, 02:08:53 pm »

(Syvarris not being active for two weeks makes me think that he is not coming back)

god dammit syvarris. This is gwg all over again.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Almost shot his own foot. With an arrow.
« Reply #1823 on: January 01, 2015, 02:13:29 pm »

Turn 089

Systar frowned.  "I really think this magic crap is overrated!"

Arrow to the left knee.

CHARGE!
MOAR MIST AND MACE-Y!

Quote from: TCM
PM

The fight continues in the Arcane Room, the combatants paying no mind to the ominous screams coming from within the unholy skull radiating green light.

[Systar spd:6+1=7]
[Bigf01t spd:4-1=3]
[Mako spd:2]

The bearded and scarred guy decides to go with another strategy, one that doesn't involve stuff he can't really manipulate, much less understand. He pulls his last arrow:

[Systar str:6+1-1=6]

[Systar dex:2+1-1-1=1]
[Mako dex:6+1=7]

And he pulls the biometal string of the bow with too much force, to the point that he couldn't aim properly and ended up firing the arrow towards the floor, getting stuck there. In fact, he could have pierced his own foot that way had he been less careful.

Seeing that to have rescuers so useless as that would be as good as having none, Bigf01t decided to try to solve things himself, the best way he knows: violence.

[Bigf01t pot:2+1=3]
[Mako dex:1+1=2]

Mako inhales a little bit of the mischievous purple mist. Well, that didn't so much. Better go with even more physical means:

[Bigf01t dex:6-1=5]
[Mako dex:3+1-1-2=1]

[Bigf01t str:2+1+1=4]
[Mako will:4-1=3]

But this time Mako was caught distracted by the successive strikes and the pain that whacked across his body. The demonic morningstar hit him in his only healthy leg, the devilish curved tongue burying into his skin as the bulk of the unholy iron threatened to crack his bones. He felt as his soul was trying to be sucked away by the demonic face, the tongue acting like a proboscis which sought to suck away his very essence. He resisted, as best as he could.

Left leg now has:
[Pain II]
[Bleeding I]

Mako's soul meter is now: Soul meter:4/6

But now it is his time to counter-attack:

[Mako dex:5+1-1-1=4]
[Bigf01t dex:1]

[Mako str:6+1-1=6]
[Bigf01t str:4+1=5]

[Mako str:4+1-1=4]

With the intent of continuing his job, Mako seized the leg that he had tried to tear away before, and, despite Bigf01t's best efforts to break free, he couldn't help but to feel how it was yanked again, this time almost to the point of uselessness.

Damage upgraded to [Heavily mauled]. You can still stand over the useless leg, but it is more of a burden to you rather than an advantage.

((Also, you are still wrestling))

If you focus, do you still regain pool? I SAW THE INTENT OF FOCUSING HERE, SO I WILL ROLL WITH THAT

+1 Pool. BETTER TRANSFORMATION TIME! Umm, after I rest.

The FLimsy Wizard tries to channel his inner magic mojo, and so he concentrates. His hair, made of monochromatic black cables, begins to rise up, and he opens his mouth, shouting:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

...Which came out in a tiny voice, like the sound that a balloon makes after being poked and is slowly and annoyingly releasing the air inside his rubber structure.

The drake, on the other hand, seems to have a similar idea in mind. He leans his head forwards and opens his mouth

ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Huh, he seems to win the badass competition this time.

The purple sheep seems to have finished severing one of its legs, and attempts again to regenerate it into something far more deadly. The cloth from the stump begins to swell, until a new leg has formed. A new cloth leg. The sheep seems annoyed at this fact.

But it seems that it is a grim time now, as the screams coming from the unholy skull reach its peak and a shadow comes out of it. It circles the Arcane Room as it expertly rotates its bone scythe around its gauntleted fingers, then comes for a swipe at the sheep with the shadowy head of his weapon. It doesn't even manage to react as an upper slash severs its head, which flies a little towards the air and falls shortly after the limp body of the sheep touches the ground. The shadow then continues its way towards the hallway directing to the Greenhouse Room.

Quote from: Syvarris
NO ACTION

The corporeal shade only managed to turn around, and then its head stopped being attached to it. The last thing it saw were two green orbs, acting as eyes in a barely human face, dark as darkness itself.

Thrancaole has been killed because of inactivity

"What the... Where am I?
Is it like in all those books? Great! Is this the beginning of my adventure? YES!
But, still... where the hell am I?"

Look around and check my surroundings. If anyone is around and aggressive, or just scary, run away; when I'm safe, or immediately if nobody is around, I open my book and say G-101, then G-104 (I'll keep my words public when I'm alone doing science without any danger). If I'm attacked and I can't escape, just try to punch the attacker on the nose.

You first examine your surroundings. Besides the ominous portal sitting at the center of the circular room, accompanied by obsidian pillars with odd runes carved upon them, there are no other important things. If it wasn't for the lights show that the portal emits, with the ever-changing vortex of purple and blue lights, the room would be too plain and boring.

Next you look at the papers you have. They look like a kind of manual, a boring one at that. But you guess that you can begin saying bullshit as a means of discovering the secrets of arcane sorcery. Because even Dumbledore should have started with that, right?

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line materializes in front of you. Floating and seemingly ethereal, it begins to extend in different directions, forming a figure. After it is complete, you clearly see that what has been drawn is a seal, a somewhat cute seal. But, after a short time, it banishes, not leaving any trace of the drawing.

[Pot:5]
Another golden line materializes in front of you, but this time it begins to spin around a point in space, always keeping the same distance to it. With astonishing speed, the line covers every space at the same distance of that point, that now has become the center of a perfect sphere. But, just like what happened with the former line, this drawing also vanishes without leaving any trace of its existence.

That was a cute initiation into magic. Now try not to die.

More science!
(Also, happy new year, everyone!)

You try to burn you magic mojo so that your next spell succeeds. You hope that it does:

[Pot:6]
But you doubt at the last second, having achieved enough power without the need for extra sacrifices. You say your words, and your leg flashes back to normal, then your whole body begins to glow. This time, the magic doesn't ask for permission, and soon you find that you flash with light, only to find that your whole body is now liquid, just as your leg was before.

Now your whole body has [Fluid structure]

But you still have more magic to try:

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears and draws a four legged animal with what seems some kind of thing above its head.

[Pot:2]
A golden line appears, but just wiggles before disappearing.

Jack Vihmut appears in the Grand Room. He marvels at the boredom it inspires

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 94dima94 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Happy new year everybody! If we can reach turn 90 before the 4th it would be great, as it is the day in which the game started last year.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 01, 2015, 02:50:51 pm »

Jack Vihmut in Grand Room

Jack looks around him. He is mildly annoyed for sudden disturbance in his birthday party procedures. And his beer mug have turned into a book...

"Damn it all. WHO STOLE MY BEER?!"

He takes a look at book, skimming through pages. He's not stupid (idiots do not get to be a clan leader) and he has fertile imagination, so purpose of the book dawns him quickly. He breathes in and bellow in voice that can be heard through all rooms:

"I AM WILLING TO PLEDGE MY AND MY ENTIRE CLAN'S LOYALTY FOR PERSON WHO OFFERS IN EXCHANGE COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CONTENTS OF THIS BOOK AND RELATED MATTERS!"

((So throw offers in, loyal servant(s) are waiting. Best offer wins.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: January 01, 2015, 03:06:53 pm »

"I don't know why I bother with this thing!"

Blah blah naginata blah blah Mako blah blah chest
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: January 01, 2015, 03:39:41 pm »

Jack Vihmut in Grand Room

Jack looks around him. He is mildly annoyed for sudden disturbance in his birthday party procedures. And his beer mug have turned into a book...

"Damn it all. WHO STOLE MY BEER?!"

He takes a look at book, skimming through pages. He's not stupid (idiots do not get to be a clan leader) and he has fertile imagination, so purpose of the book dawns him quickly. He breathes in and bellow in voice that can be heard through all rooms:

"I AM WILLING TO PLEDGE MY AND MY ENTIRE CLAN'S LOYALTY FOR PERSON WHO OFFERS IN EXCHANGE COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CONTENTS OF THIS BOOK AND RELATED MATTERS!"

((So throw offers in, loyal servant(s) are waiting. Best offer wins.))

"YOU HAVE ZERO POTENCY, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO? Spooooopy ghoast wooooooo!"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: January 01, 2015, 05:34:16 pm »

It's like my teams are cursed with death by RL.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: January 01, 2015, 08:20:05 pm »

It's like my teams are cursed with death by RL.
I think we've had four people die for meta reasons, so far.

Actually, our team members may be the only meta-casualties. I'll have to go back and check.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 197