Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318041 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Back with a death!
« Reply #2505 on: June 29, 2015, 04:38:28 pm »

((Who are we waiting for?))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Back with a death!
« Reply #2506 on: June 29, 2015, 04:39:08 pm »

Nobody, turn is 62.5% done, will finish it tomorrow morning.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Beware! It's MAGMAAAAAAAAA MAN!
« Reply #2507 on: June 30, 2015, 07:59:39 am »

Turn 121

Back to full-time science!

Free from the grasp of evil sounds, you go back to your scheduled science:

[Pot:3]
You get a mental image of some tentacles with suckers. How odd.

[Pot:6]
You head glows vigorously, golden particles emanating from it for some time, until the magic fades away, without a task to perform.

[Pot:4]
You get another vision. This time, you can see a unicorn surfing through the sky, leaving a trail of rainbows behind it, which materialize into drops of chocolate which fall into a lake of the same material below it. Wait, what? The vision ends before you can see more of it.

You can feel the nothingness itself being shot from your back, in the exact opposite direction you are facing.

A golden line appears and draws a slingshot.

Nothing happens. How odd.

[Pot:2]
You sense a ripple in the fabrics of the universe. Huh, maybe you shouldn't mess with that.

You don't know if you could consider this useful science, but it was at least something.

I have one pot, six will, and two pool.

ATHATH begins his journey to painful and bizarre death inside the Arena by doing some science:

[Pot:3]
You get a little bit of vanilla-flavoured ice cream! But it falls to the floor and melts away, due to the heat of the Magma Room.

[Pot:2]
You get a shard of some heavy metal.

Huh, not really the most useful things here. Well, at least you are not dead. Yet.

BACK TO NON-AGGRESSIVE SCIENCE/STUFF!

You whistle a merry tune while the madness around you continues. Speaking about madness, you have full pool again.

WILL I FINALLY BE ABLE TO FIX MYSELF?

*Dramatic music*

You begin to glow, just as how your recently summoned pile of assorted biometal parts does. Your body then glows more strongly, and the rest of your inert body parts begin to glow too! You order the magic to activate, and, with a flash of light, you find yourself standing in four legs, being taller and bigger than the tribal fiend standing near you, and sporting sharp teeth and what would seem as exposed ribs. You are entirely made of biometal. And you have fixed yourself.

Big biometal drake:
[Big]
[Yields]
[Soft]
[Naturally sharp]

You diamond glove is still with covering one of your claws.

Quote from: EP
PM
That hippo doesn't look so nice. Better to hit him with magic and provoke an attack from this otherwise peaceful creature:

[Flimsy pot:4+1=5]
[Flimsy dex:6-2-1=3]
[Flimsy end:3-1=2]
[Hippo dex:5]
[Hippo end:5]

A shark, made from crackling electricity and raging fire, materializes sideways between the Flimsy Wizard and the hippo, thrashing wildly as it is fired forwards, towards the unsuspecting hippo. Unfortunately, the flashing lights and noises produced by the shark alerted the animal, and it managed to dodge the threat, albeit barely. What is worse for the Wizard is that the wild movements of the shark upon creation allowed it to hit him with its tail, and, while the fire was just shrugged off the Wizard's diamond body, all the electricity of the shark was discharged onto him, which proved quite painful.

The Flimsy Wizard has [Paralysis:2]

What is worse is that the hippo goes mad! Terribly startled by all this, it charges towards the wizard, while the fire shark futilely wiggles trying to move:

[Hippo dex:5-1=4]
[Flimsy dex:2-2-1-1=-2]

[Hippo str:4+2=6]

The hippo tramples over the fallen Wizard and then stops to stomp with its front foot at his head! The diamond head responds by forming cracks across it. What is worse is that all this pounding is making the Wizard get dizzy. Damn, this is getting worse and worse.

The Flimsy Wizard has [Dizziness]

Quote from: Beirus
PM

The tribal fiend uses his recently channelled power to perform some science:

[Pot:6+1+1=8]
A huge chunk of diamond materializes in front of you and falls to the ground, making an unnaturally heavy thump.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws a knife, which materializes into diamond with a flash of light.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A chunk of diamond appears and falls to the ground. Upon examination, you don't notice anything odd about that, but, upon touch, your mind suddenly becomes aware of something else. The other diamond elements, you can feel them, even if you don't see them. They are like a part of your body. And, just like your body, you think you can move them by willing it to happen.

That is just awesome.

Quote from: Derm
PM

Quote from: Toaster
PM

[Derm spd:4+1=5]
[Thrakor spd:3-1=2]

The fight between Derm and the Sphess Whizhard continues! To begin, Derm attempts to break the grapple:

[Derm str:6-1=5]
[Thrakor str:2-1=1]

And the poor distracted Thrakor doesn't realize how Derm's strategy is to slowly and painfully pull each of his fingers until he is not grasping anything any more! Derm immediately puts some distance between he and his foe, and proceeds to take away his gauntlets.

Thrakor, meanwhile, does some magic:

[Thrakor pot:6+1=7]
He begins to glow with unnatural strength, and suddenly, he is transformed into a man made of pure magma!

Bewareeeeeee! It's MAGMAAAAAAAAA MAN!

The flowing magma of his body easily reforms the few parts that were somewhat damaged, just as the coughing goes away, the odd illness becoming completely useless in a vessel not made of organic material. Unfortunately, the biometal gloves Thrakor was using instantly melted away, just as the biometal part of the rest of his equipment. Or, maybe, it is a good sing because it means Derm is made of a melt-able material too!

Magma man:
[Gooey structure]
[Energy based:7/7] Damage is calculated through dex-based exposure.

Derm suddenly realizes that his idea of slashing him is a really bad one. Thrakor decides to thank him with a hug:

[Thrakor dex:4]
[Derm dex:4+1=5]

But Derm ducks away and throws himself at a side to avoid the impending melting doom. Damn, this suddenly got more difficult than what he imagined.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Beware! It's MAGMAAAAAAAAA MAN!
« Reply #2508 on: June 30, 2015, 08:06:08 am »

Nana Nana Nana Nana Nana Nana Nana Nana  MAG MAN
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: June 30, 2015, 08:23:45 am »

"Oh you lil' shit."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: June 30, 2015, 08:34:26 am »

"Big pile of red-hot shit, that's me!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: June 30, 2015, 08:38:56 am »

"Right. Your first mistake was making yourself be made out of HIGH TEMPERATURE MATERIAL. DIE, ASSHOLE!"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: June 30, 2015, 08:46:39 am »

((Golden crocodile. Steampunk crocodile. Blood crocodile. Plasma crocodile. ALL THE CROCS))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: June 30, 2015, 05:43:00 pm »

Continue Sciencing!
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: June 30, 2015, 07:30:34 pm »

Character: Move a point in DEX to END.
Also, ATHATH, What words are you sciencing(current and next)? PM please.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: June 30, 2015, 07:38:23 pm »

Character: Move a point in DEX to END.
Also, ATHATH, What words are you sciencing(current and next)? PM please.
I'm going to do the same thing I did with ATHATH: when you enter, you tell me the character sheet you want to use.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: June 30, 2015, 09:28:34 pm »

I'm thinking about summoning a LOT of creatures. From blood, dirt, gold and plasma. Some with some steampunk things.
Edit: AAAAND hoping them to get a soul to get POL.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:43:44 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:07 pm »

Last I checked, if a creature kills someone, it's the creature that gets the soul(s). You can just kill the creature to get the souls, although it's quite roundabout.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: June 30, 2015, 10:28:53 pm »

Stuff that has been recently summoned doens't have a soul. For example, if the FLimsy Wizard kills the hippo, he gains nothing. If the hippo kills him, it gets a soul. If someone kills the murderous hippo afterwards, he will get only one soul.

If you want PvE elements, get into challenge mode, I made it specifically for that, because nobody dares to fight the mini-bosses.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: June 30, 2015, 10:37:31 pm »

Stuff that has been recently summoned doens't have a soul. For example, if the FLimsy Wizard kills the hippo, he gains nothing. If the hippo kills him, it gets a soul. If someone kills the murderous hippo afterwards, he will get only one soul.
That's what i want to do. Let some stuff get a POL from a soul then teach them deadly words.
Edit: When do you think 2 people will die?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:40:13 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 197