Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Succession Game Planning/Recruitment Thread  (Read 13367 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Succession Game Planning/Recruitment Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2014, 01:41:54 pm »

Alright so I will find sometime to get the game started and update it's thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137269.0 I have the outline of how the game works. I'm going to let DF name the fortress but I'll name the group myself (fortress being the General's idea, but the group being the NPC Colonel's) since i only have two known players (The Master and 4MaskWolf) i'll toss in some NPCs that will be competing against you two until more players take the field.

Right now I have a guest over so starting won't be too soon, which lets me add some finishing touches (like things that I have a reason to create missions for)

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2014, 09:56:18 pm »

Ill join anything Where i get to play... RP and more !FUN! are just bonuses to me

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2014, 09:57:51 pm »

Ill join anything Where i get to play... RP and more !FUN! are just bonuses to me

JOIN DEMONGATE!!!! JUST BE SURE TO READ UP A LITTLE ON THE BACKGROUND FIRST!!!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2014, 07:13:31 pm »

^Read the background. It will make you laugh, cry, scream... and save you a lot of pain if you want to go for a turn.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2014, 11:55:23 pm »

^Read the background. It will make you laugh, cry, scream... and save you a lot of pain if you want to go for a turn.

I read it... ALL... in one day, during class haha got a little fried the story got confusing at times but i got it

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 08:40:47 am »

Still looking for players for Moonarmor the Black Arm http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137269.0 the first post has a spoilered explaination on how the game works. I'm fine with late joiners as this will get more interesting as time goes on.

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2014, 02:14:08 pm »

Still looking for players for Moonarmor the Black Arm http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137269.0 the first post has a spoilered explaination on how the game works. I'm fine with late joiners as this will get more interesting as time goes on.

I noticed that game when you posted it I just don't fully understand..? So you have to earn points in the form to be given a turn right? Or is everyone playing different fortresses and just reporting it as the same?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »

I noticed that game when you posted it I just don't fully understand..? So you have to earn points in the form to be given a turn right? Or is everyone playing different fortresses and just reporting it as the same?
Actually you join up, and I pick a Unit of your preferred Gender (male/female) and name them to your choosing (Like how The Master's Unit is Franko Hanzel) and you get a squad of 10 and 10 reserve units (20 total for start) Your Unit then ranks up in game from kills or missions (which is basically what deem rankable or creditable, credits being ingame money) As you Rank up you get certain perks, All the while you get 3 actions/deeds a season (3 for spring, 3 for summer, 3 for autumn, and 3 for winter) and these deeds are like "imaginary" things that I will basically roll a dice and see if it works or fails.

So if you Rank High Enough you can claim some land on the embark and I will build a custom base of for choosing for your unit and subordinates to occupy (it's 50 credits for a block, so if you're base needs 500 blocks to build that's 25,000 credits) and credits are earned through deeds or missions (a deed could be, start a illegal gambling ring in the barracks, a mission might be go around and kill 15 bugs(which that will get you rank points due to confirmed kills))

It's also a game where you can intentional try to demote other players or promote them if you feel like you want to be friends with the other forumite, things like using your deeds/actions to plan incriminating evidence, or stealing the lockbox from someones gambling ring (if you managed to find out who is running it, etc)

Think of this as DnD meets DF, DF that has been converted into a CnC setting.

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2014, 07:55:58 pm »

Actually you join up, and I pick a Unit of your preferred Gender (male/female) and name them to your choosing (Like how The Master's Unit is Franko Hanzel) and you get a squad of 10 and 10 reserve units (20 total for start) Your Unit then ranks up in game from kills or missions (which is basically what deem rankable or creditable, credits being ingame money) As you Rank up you get certain perks, All the while you get 3 actions/deeds a season (3 for spring, 3 for summer, 3 for autumn, and 3 for winter) and these deeds are like "imaginary" things that I will basically roll a dice and see if it works or fails.

So if you Rank High Enough you can claim some land on the embark and I will build a custom base of for choosing for your unit and subordinates to occupy (it's 50 credits for a block, so if you're base needs 500 blocks to build that's 25,000 credits) and credits are earned through deeds or missions (a deed could be, start a illegal gambling ring in the barracks, a mission might be go around and kill 15 bugs(which that will get you rank points due to confirmed kills))

It's also a game where you can intentional try to demote other players or promote them if you feel like you want to be friends with the other forumite, things like using your deeds/actions to plan incriminating evidence, or stealing the lockbox from someones gambling ring (if you managed to find out who is running it, etc)

Think of this as DnD meets DF, DF that has been converted into a CnC setting.

ohhh okay i gotcha so you will be like the dungeon master and you will be the one with the game? ive never played dnd but i want to i will be joining within the next few days! :D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2014, 08:16:36 pm »

Alright I'll line up a squad for you :P

EDIT:
Might make a new fort, Going to add some other wildlife and do a few fixes. Also with this mod glacier embarks are pretty much hardmode.

EDIT2:
Would probably help to re-write up how it all works too so people might read it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:34:11 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2014, 09:41:43 am »

New version of the Succession Mod up for anyone who's interested. Now includes Legend Viewer and DF Story Maker.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »

Apologies for double post. New version of the succession mod is up, if you're one of the 7 people who actually used the last version.

Also, just looking for interest; most succession games these days have a large plot element. Would anyone be interested in doing one written from a purely gameplay viewpoint? The idea would be to gather skilled players and see how utterly fantastic a fortress they can make, with the eventual aim of colonizing the entire map (hell included).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2014, 06:20:10 pm »

Apologies for double post. New version of the succession mod is up, if you're one of the 7 people who actually used the last version.

Also, just looking for interest; most succession games these days have a large plot element. Would anyone be interested in doing one written from a purely gameplay viewpoint? The idea would be to gather skilled players and see how utterly fantastic a fortress they can make, with the eventual aim of colonizing the entire map (hell included).

WANT!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2014, 10:22:22 am »

Bumpitty bump bump.

Has anyone considered using Dfterm3 to have a legit multiplayer succession game?

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2014, 11:24:56 am »

All the succession games these days seem to be using mods like masterwork, etc. Is anyone still playing the vanilla game? I'd join a new succession fort using vanilla. Preferably with some kind of challenging or hopeless embark.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7