Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 66663 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2014, 05:58:17 am »

You are forgetting that our poll is subject to self selection bias, LB.
A homo/bi/trans person is going to see the thread title and think "Oh yes! I should go and represent myself!" while a heterosexual would see it and think "Great, another chance to be boring. Pass!" As such you should expect higher than expected representation of minorities.

Having said that, it still doesn't account for he epidemic of bisexuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2014, 05:58:57 am »

Isn't MZ your timeclone?
Indeed.
As for my sexuality, I am essentially Captain Jack Harkness.
Unfortunately, I myself am hetero cis scum, and as such must extend my oppression metagaming to my alternate self (selves?).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2014, 06:02:42 am »

Given the... often overpowering.. nature of my personality, I would never dream of producing a timeclone of myself. ;) My best friend in another state is pushing the limits of what spacetime itself can sustain when we get together, and cogitate. (LOL)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2014, 09:52:51 am »

I actually just think that gamers hit the Venn diagrams in all the right spots to include a much larger Liberal/LGBT pool, and DF gamers as a niche just ramp that up a bit.
Add to that the amount of time this forum has had to 'stew' on our various open assertions of sexuality, and the internet's anonymity, and it's really easy to assume there'd be a larger amount voting as something other than boring Hetero.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2014, 10:24:07 am »

It would also be interesting to know how those surveys were carried out. Some might feel more anonymous online and be more open.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2014, 11:20:03 am »

The level of bias in a random survey like that is difficult to ascertain, but i have serious doubts about either:
a. those numbers as being true, I'd expect them somewhat higher, either the way it was carried out or the selection process was flawed
b. those numbers remaining true, as if only those in their 30s-40s were polled, I think there's a growing trend among younger people (who are more open to such things, in general. sometimes.)

I, being the heterosexual boring person, only clicked this due to the title, as "pollening" led me to believe there was some new plant-based sexuality. Possibly in the wake of Starbound's Floran race or a vegan cult or something. I wanted to know what that was about. Seeing that it was pollening, I decided it was better off to contribute while I was here.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2014, 11:21:44 am »

Heterosexual Masterrace here <3

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2014, 11:48:24 am »

I've met a bisexual. Went to school with one in fact. (different people too.)

What I am surprised at is the high turnout of asexuals like myself. Statistically, we account for about 1% of the population. (according to wikipedia anyway... <.<
The procreational athiests are lying in wait, while everyone else plays with ridiculously overcomplicated labels.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2014, 12:19:54 pm »

Preeeetty sure the theists still have the edge on birth rate, if you're wanting to take over the world that way.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2014, 12:23:09 pm »

Theists get more kids. Fact.

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2014, 12:41:47 pm »

No way in Armok the % is in the single digits. (At least not around these parts.)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »

Theists get more kids. Fact.
Was going to link to a scene from Monty Python's Meaning of Life except I'm not sure if it'd be within the forum rules.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

Hey it's everyone's favorite White Christian Heterosexual Cisgendered American Male (except for all the others). If I was rich (and a WASP), I'd be so privileged I could melt people with my privilevision.
I've met a bisexual. Went to school with one in fact. (different people too.)

What I am surprised at is the high turnout of asexuals like myself. Statistically, we account for about 1% of the population. (according to wikipedia anyway... <.<
Continued existence of Homosexuals and Asexuals despite not feasibly being able to pass on the genes for it: Proof Evolution is wrong. Checkmate atheists.

That would certainly be an interesting take on the old standbys. "Homosexuality cannot have evolved, therefore it was created by God."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2014, 02:35:01 pm »

As a white hindu american cisgendered heterosexual male, hello.

* Japa does the secret handshake that involves holding misko's hand, palm-to-palm, and bringing it up and down a few times.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2014, 03:10:46 pm »

Am I one of the few people who has their own idea of how evolution and theology can and does match up?

If you've got the power of a creator, time does not work like it does for us. "Created in his image" could mean we've still got a long way to go. Eons would be like seconds to a being who can create a universe.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50