Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 66674 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2014, 05:15:01 pm »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2014, 09:29:56 pm »

Anyhow-- I am aloof asexual.  I do not experience sexual attraction in any meaningful capacity, but I do experience intellectual and romantic attraction. Romance, contrary to some of the opinions i've read here, does not involve any hot and bothered-ness for me.  it's more an enjoyable teasing, and intimacy.  The kind of "Flirting+1" that only people who really know each other very well can do, coupled with the interesting mix of selfish and selfless sensations that comes from lavishing attention on somebody. I suspect that this is similar to the "He's dreamy!" sensation that more outright sexual people experience, but more focused, and more interactive. Much more in common with the flirtatious teasing I see young lovers engage in.  I have actually been in love before. For me, it is more a deep devotional type experience, and sense of reward. It is "profoundly rewarding" to be with a person I have fallen in love with.

I have to find the person intellectually attractive before I can find them romatically attractive.

I agree with this heavily, but I'm not asexual myself. I don't base relationships on sexuality at all, and I don't actively pursue interests of that type in any way. I am not, however, shut off to the idea.

I claim heterosexuality, but I highly doubt that's a rigid rule. From a psychological standpoint, I think sexual acts- heretofore referred to as fetishes, can be limitedly taught. If someone is open but not particularly interested in the idea, and sees material crossing things they like with things they are open to, they are more likely to get into the other thing, at least somewhat. If they're opposed to the idea in some way however, then that's unlikely to change unless they're into something closely related and less common.

I'm a very open and understanding person on average, or so I've been told. I'm not so far into my life to know a definite answer, but I could see myself loosening up heterosexuality to be more bisexual... or probably pansexual? Not sure about the difference.

Asexual used to be a really alien concept to me, but now I admire the idea behind it. Again, psychologically, it's almost a paradox. The love in an asexual relation is probably stronger on average, because it eliminates chance of ulterior motives among other things. Furthermore, the "fetish teaching" dosen't work here if you don't have some kind of base point- if you don't really want to have it in the first place, then you won't pick up on the weird stuff. You've got to like citrus fruit before you can like the strange stuff like Buddha's Hand.

Long story short, I consider myself a heterosexual, though I'm not hard-constrained to it. I'd be willing to change for a meaningful relationship.

And yeah, humans are just a big pile of ick. Not only what's in them, but the kind of horrible things that it can do to itself. I had my knee randomly disjoint when I was just standing around once and it's never really made a full recovery. I assume one of the tendons or whatever holding the knee in place is somehow wrong, but it hasn't decided to take another magic journey to "way too far right" land, so I guess that's a thing.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:32:55 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2014, 04:38:16 am »

+1 Homosexual

Wow... there's... very few of us o_O;;

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2014, 04:42:33 am »

I know right?!?
Where have all the gays gone? I could have sworn there were more hanging around. Suddenly even asexuals outnumber them. I really didn't expect this unholy wave of bisexuals to be as dominating as it is as well.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2014, 04:49:59 am »

I think it's because all the forumites considered to be teh homoz are actually bi-sexual. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2014, 04:55:31 am »

That would be it.
To be fair the large portion of us are reclusive shutins anyway.
:)
:(
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2014, 04:56:29 am »

I think it's because all the forumites considered to be teh homoz are actually bi-sexual. >_>
Dammit Descan, why can't you conform and like girls more! They are also known to wear dresses you know!

:P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2014, 05:08:14 am »

GIRLS?! In DRESSES!?

you disgusting pervert >:I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2014, 05:35:51 am »

+1 Homosexual

Wow... there's... very few of us o_O;;

Why are you surprised?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation#Modern_survey_results
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

For most countries and US states the numbers are generally in the 1-4% range, and that's for people who have ever had homsoexual sex. Ever. Presumably the people who actually identify as homosexual would be smaller due to some of those "have ever tried it" figures being people who experimented and decided they didn't like it.

I'm surprised the number of bisexuals is as high as it is.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2014, 05:46:15 am »

Our forum just has a reputation, is all.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2014, 05:47:12 am »

Yea, I've met a bunch of homosexuals in real life, and even a handful of trans* (Am I cool yet?) people, but I have never actually met a bisexual. Heck I know a girl who is very pro-LGBT, except for the fact that she thinks bisexuals don't real.
I guess most bis just never really get into a homosexual relationship and call them self straight their entire life.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2014, 05:49:12 am »

I've met a bisexual. Went to school with one in fact. (different people too.)

What I am surprised at is the high turnout of asexuals like myself. Statistically, we account for about 1% of the population. (according to wikipedia anyway... <.<

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2014, 05:52:54 am »

My timeclone is bisexual, do I get any points for that?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2014, 05:53:34 am »

Isn't MZ your timeclone?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2014, 05:54:03 am »

Our forum just has a reputation, is all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

"According to a Williams Institute review conducted in April 2011, approximately 3.8% of American adults identify themselves either as lesbian or gay (1.70%), bisexual (1.80%), or transgender (0.30%);"

So national average is 1.7% homosexual and 1.8% bisexual. Current poll says 3.9% here are homosexual and 23% bisexual.

That's 2.29 and 12.7 TIMES the national average.

What kind of numbers were you expecting that over double and twelve times the national average was surprisingly few?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50