Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213537 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #705 on: January 29, 2014, 11:23:42 pm »

Addendum: And those double/triple posts? Check the meaning of EBWOP - edit by way of post.

Next, I'm picky about pronouns. Hence what you see right there regarding MOWE. You try that happening to you and see how you'll react! (Ok maybe not as profusely as mine but you get my point.)

PS: Compare and contrast: Note 1. // Logician's Reply.

using metaknowledge to guess me out will end in your failure, and a very unhappy Tiruin.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 29, 2014, 11:24:27 pm »

All non-mods: Is that how Tiruin normally plays?  With a large number of posts, often put up one right after the other?

Yes. That, and lots of links.

Makeinu: You, too, have posted quite a few short posts exactly like that one.  While I admit to being guilty of this myself, why would an experienced player such as yourself do so without also adding something to either scumhunting or the puzzlesolving?

Sometimes there's very little to be said. Sometimes I make jokes. Sometimes I contribute to the discussion at hand.

All three things are true this game.

Everyone non-mod OOC: For my own personal development as a mafia player, would this be considered acceptable scumhunting in a non-bastard-mod game?

In a non-bastard game, not really, no.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 29, 2014, 11:31:49 pm »

Tiruin: are you trying to get the highest post count in order to fit the profile discussed in the first couple pages here?  Which, of note, was an observation made by the very person who is now confirmed town.  Are you trying to ingratiate yourself? Some of your posts contain little to no content related to the playing of the game and are often double or even triple posts.

All non-mods: Is that how Tiruin normally plays?  With a large number of posts, often put up one right after the other?
Let me counter that statement: I am against that kind of notion (though it does hold, that town is as such due to mafia knowing more, thus would move for lesser posts). However, in my posts I've collated notes and checked the main suspects out of the general audience-up for discussion anyway; if there's any deviances to report, shout it at me.

And ouch, little to no context. Links please. >__> I challenge you on that point, sir. Little to no context in mafia? Oh dear, firstly thought this was undermining from you.

And no-I'm very aware of my post count, thanks. That idea didn't even crop up in my head here. :X Having 16k posts has me pessimising over myself as a spammer..which I don't think I am.

Everyone non-mod OOC: For my own personal development as a mafia player, would this be considered acceptable scumhunting in a non-bastard-mod game?
Yes, but not in the same methods we're using here. We don't have wincons--but scumhunting via speculation and checking out?
It's new, in my opinion.
But the flagrant posting without analysis of what's in the post? I really do think we've gone far beyond the 'hey guys let's speculate instead of scumhunt' that both notions merged into the same thing, now that we can all decide on common ground to stand on.

PPE x2
I do not like how Caz disappears just to vote NQT, because Rebel(?)

First of all, that entire string about MOWE's gender.  A simple check would have sufficed, along with an apology, but instead you had 1 2 3 posts talking about it.  Earlier, there was this, which doesn't even contain a defense of yourself or any sort of content, just a sort of "you hurt my feelings" post.  The fact that I was being harsh could have been brought up via pm or turned around and questioned, but instead it is as it is.  Additionally, there is this, which is another off topic post thanking a forum moderator: another pm possibility and not even related to the game.

My apologies if that sounded harsh, you asked for a few examples and I provided them.  Should more examples be required, I can provide them.

Nothing personal, Tiruin, I will likely do this to everyone given time.

PPE: okay, makeinu, I'll take your word for the first one.  The third one is what I suspected.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #708 on: January 29, 2014, 11:32:03 pm »

Everyone
Are you a wizard?
Yes.

webadict: Do you deal in half lies-as in, is it correct to assume that you're still withholding information in things you deem as 'the truth'?
Well, I clearly can't tell you EVERYTHING.

But, if you want, I might answer a question.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz - Hapah,
Hapah -
HissihnWalnuts -
(Extend Used) Leafsnail - makeinu, Tiruin,
makeinu -
mastahcheese -
MyOwnWorstEnemy -
notquitethere - Leafsnail, Caz, 4maskwolf,
(Extend Used) RangerCado - Toaster, notquitethere, 
TheDarkStar -
(Extend Used) Tiruin -
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - MyOwnWorstEnemy, mastahcheese, RangerCado, HissihnWalnuts, TheDarkStar,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:00:26 am by webadict »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 29, 2014, 11:34:12 pm »

Wuba: MOWE just used an extend.
Sorry guys, but college is hitting me hard. I should have things straightened up by tomorrow night, but just in case, extend.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 29, 2014, 11:39:57 pm »

4maskwolf

I don't know, I haven't seen enough of her to say.
I'd think it would acceptable.

notquitethere
Everyone
Are you a wizard?

-snip-

Cheese
Your goal appears to be to hunt down evil. How about you start with the players that have claimed to be evil?
I'm no wizard, and because that's what would be obvious, I'm still looking for more clues. And do you have no other comments about me? Why do you keep trying to drag me into your lynch frenzy?

Do you really want Smstr to be remembered as That Game Where Everyone Lynched The Confirmed Town Player? Because that's where you're pushing it. Do you really think I'm the best lynch candidate?
Dude, chill.
Don't start shaming people, that's not right.

Ok, I've been thinking on this quite a bit, (this is about the wincons). I think I know my wincon. Mine seems to be the defeat of Evil. NOW. Go back to the OP, and see my (the inquisitor's) flavor, it says he "doesn't follow your rules".
Think about for a second.
My rules for this game are not the same as your rules.
Why?
Because I have a normal wincon! I need to defeat the scum, like a normal freaking game!
That means you guys don't.
Do you see what I'm getting at here?
That means that you guys don't need to actually vote anyone in order to win, because your wincons don't require anyone to be voted out or otherwise eliminated. And it seems to me that at least a few of you have this whole "love" thing (whatever that's supposed to mean) as your wincons, and I don't think that voting people would have anything to do with that.
I think we need to focus on everyone's suggested wincons, and seeing how we can get the most of them complete.
(I was going to write up a brief summery of what seems like suggested wincons for everyone, when I realized I forgot most of them.)
I know Cado needs to find love, does someone of the opposite gender also need that? If so, how do we make that happen?
Quite frankly, my wincon seems to need 3 people gone. That would likely equate to 3 people who can't complete their own wincons, and I don't want to be greedy, so I'm fine with not smiting evil right now.

I would vote for a no-lynch, but people seem to be against that.

NQT seems to be pressing for a KILL SCUM NAO tactic, and I don't like it, particularly when you take into account his whole IF I DIE YOU ALL SO SCREWED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW thing. I don't like it.
Leafsnail seems to be pressing for a KILL NQT NOW thing. I also don't like this. But he makes some points that I can kinda agree with.
Tiruin seems to have no wincon, at least not one that is identifiable. Although you also go up in levels, apparently. Do you know how to level up? This is most likely related to your hidden wincon.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 29, 2014, 11:42:17 pm »

Now, back to the topic at hand: the puzzle seems to be far more important than scumhunting at this point, seeing as how the whole evil distinction is messed up in this game.  I still say we are playing a bunch of different wizard and magical archetypes placed into a Harry Potter universe.

1. What roles have been claimed? Level one mage, a roleplaying game reference; a fire mage (me), which is a generic wizard archetype I have seen in D&D and other places; a generic evil wizard, the staple of fantasy; a witch hunter, another fantasy archetype of sorts; and a transfigured character, another staple.

2. What has the fluff told us: magic school, my item (invisibility cloak, with obvious Harry Potter reference included in description); a pm convo I had with the mod, wherein the mod talked about the lower magical courts (as in law), and an offhanded reference to Hermione earlier in the game, I'll try to find it and link to it.  Oh, and a janitor who induces fear in those it meets (Filch, anyone).

PPE: I thought that I had my wincon figured out, but the aforementioned convo with the mod debunked that hypothesis.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 29, 2014, 11:55:38 pm »

ahah.  Found it.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 29, 2014, 11:57:18 pm »

I've already stated my role information. I think I'm RangerCado's counterpart, though I don't have anything to do with the meteor. Just, my role PM implies there's nothing to be done for the meteor.

And I'm not a wizard/mage/whatever. But I apparently have a spell. And an item, and I think I know who would want said item.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 29, 2014, 11:58:20 pm »

I've already stated my role information. I think I'm RangerCado's counterpart, though I don't have anything to do with the meteor. Just, my role PM implies there's nothing to be done for the meteor.

And I'm not a wizard/mage/whatever. But I apparently have a spell. And an item, and I think I know who would want said item.
Wait... who are you, then?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 29, 2014, 11:59:58 pm »

I'm a damn love-struck poet, as I said before.

And don't forget we have a vampire as well, mastahcheese

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 30, 2014, 12:01:38 am »

Bears mentioning, also, again, that RangerCado is not a wizard but did use a summoning ritual from a book, so...

Smoke that in your pipe and put it!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 30, 2014, 12:02:26 am »

The vamp is Walnuts, Cheese is the witch hunter.

PPE: are you talking to me?  I don't understand that phrase...  And he could be a squib :P

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 30, 2014, 12:03:44 am »

...Are you saying I'm the vampire, or reminding me that one exists?
I'm not the vampire, but I remember someone said they were, but I don't remember who.

Ninja'd, wolf said it first.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 30, 2014, 12:06:04 am »

...Are you saying I'm the vampire, or reminding me that one exists?
I'm not the vampire, but I remember someone said they were, but I don't remember who.

Ninja'd, wolf said it first.

MastahCheese cancels post correction: interrupted by ninja
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 112