Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213053 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #855 on: February 01, 2014, 05:01:43 am »

Do you have nothing else to add?! :'(

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 01, 2014, 05:18:50 am »

Do you have nothing else to add?! :'(

*a paper aeroplane hits you in the head*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 01, 2014, 05:36:22 am »

I am going to kill you post-game for this.
And for making me laugh at this.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 01, 2014, 08:37:27 am »

Innocent Child. That, and his actions do not equal him playing as scum--his actions a long time before, by the way.

Next: The scumteam seems out against him (if scumteam == Evil)

Also, what 'scummy'? Him panicking and saying information presented? For all I know despite its apparent and obvious weakness, which he addressed to me here, and which I see none of those against him even speak about, it makes sense that he's under pressure and is acting like it-not that he won't lose (which AGAIN is not addressed by those against him, as if those against him rely on ignorance and idleness for a lynch [eww.])

Check this. What I see from those against him are focus more on the 'you guys just don't get it' and less on everything else he said. (99% = more, 1% = less)

He refuses to speak-let him not speak. I fail to see how transparency is a scumtell, or on how it rationally equals him being scum. If that's a scum ploy, it will be remembered as the cheapest and worst cases of play ever.

But that is not why I defend him.

Look for yourself, TDS- do you refute, or even try to do so, at Leafsnail? What about Cado? I have seen lacking interaction from those acclaimed 'Team Evil' on each other's notes--especially that on Leafsnail as his case seems to lead against NQT; everyone else who isn't Not Evil equal interaction with everyone else.

Tell me, what do you see in NQT, TDS?

Could you explain why you are trying so hard to save someone who is behaving so scummy? You're doing all you can to defend NQT, no matter what NQT does. Why would you be doing this despite indications of him lying?
Because the orange part is a strawman--or undermining and concluding what I said before getting to know it in its entirety.

I want to know your viewpoint, Mr.

1. You say that his actions do not make him scum for sure? Well, the same argument goes for RangerCado. Their actions have simply made them suspicious.

2. What are you talking about in the first part of the second paragraph? He has given NO information past the fact that the very bad thing exists.

3. Seemingly good point there, but look at the end of NQT's post: "If you want to work against Evil too, don't vote me and don't try to pressure me into giving away information to Team Evil." He is saying that 1. he "knows" that Evil is scum (and how would he know this?), and 2. under pressure is when actual town reveals things fully, while scum tend to do everything them can to stay alive.

4. What has he actually said besides "Don't ask me anything else about this thing only I know" and "You don't get it"?

5. He refuses to speak and give good reasons to defend him. "Not speaking" tends to mean "I can't say anything they will believe", and it would surprise me if he was non-scum and had unbelievable info, since that would make him part of an informed majority (which is a bad idea for good mafia games).

6. You're talking about him being transparent. However, I'm having trouble seeing this - he almost completely refuses to make new answers for questions and hints at knowing more than he says. Also, the same arguments apply to everyone who has claimed evil (especially Cado), but to a larger extent - I've told everything I know, and the other Evil people seem to have done the same. NQT does not do this; instead, he simply points out over and over again "I know something you don't, but I won't tell you".

7. I was advocating a Cado lynch earlier, but Mastahcheese convinced me to wait until tomorrow. As for not saying much to them, I have not said much to a lot of other people, either. Following your logic, half the players are scum. Also, can you clarify the statement about interaction? I think you missed a word there somewhere, and I can't figure out half of what it says.

8. You defend NQT, but not for the reasons that have nothing to do with whether he's scummy or not. Instead, you defend him because other people are pointing out his scumminess. Again, why would you do this?

9. I see either scum or a day 2 jester in NQT. I have detailed this many times before. Read please.

10. What do you mean by it being a strawman? You have done nothing against NQT. I've seen only one or two posts where you communicate with him. Instead, it seems assumed that he knows what you are doing. Also, rather than saying "I didn't say everything", just say what you wanted to.

I'm still having trouble understanding your playstyle - there is not much logic from what I see. Mind explaining why you'd want to defend NQT when people presents arguments against him?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 01, 2014, 10:29:37 am »

If we're allowed to shorten, shorten, because this is getting ridiculous.  There doesn't seem to be much more that we can learn from blindly questioning each other's motives, as everyone seems to have explained themselves to the best of their abilities.

Also, unvote.

Mr. Badict, can we begin our lesson?  It's almost as interesting as burning the homework.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 01, 2014, 03:46:39 pm »

D&D (which I never played)

If you ever sign up for DnD on the Forum Games and Roleplaying section of the forum [PbP] please tell me! I'd love to play with you. Pretty new at it myself.

Ms. Vectoria: Do you have any references as to any kind of summoned entities destroying the world? Other than the Pterrordactyl? Or dinosaurs? More on: Meteors or heavenly bodies?

Ms. Vectoria seems to be ignoring the class. Her nose buried deep within the book on her lap. Her giggling indicates that you probably don't want to know what she's reading right now. She briefly looks up from the book though when you address her "What about meteors?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 01, 2014, 05:00:28 pm »

Nerjin: When does this class end?

Wuba: How many classes do we have a day?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 01, 2014, 08:39:49 pm »

Nerjin
Administrator,
when does this class end today?
I lost my schedule.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 01, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »

She briefly looks up from the book though when you address her "What about meteors?"[/i]
"What do you think about the one outside in the sky?"

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 01, 2014, 09:54:20 pm »

She briefly looks up from the book though when you address her "What about meteors?"[/i]

THERE'S A METEOR OUTSIDE????!!?!?!?? HAAHHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA QUIT KIDDING AROUND SIR/LADY TIRUIN!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 01, 2014, 10:19:34 pm »

THERE'S A METEOR OUTSIDE????!!?!?!?? HAAHHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA QUIT KIDDING AROUND SIR/LADY TIRUIN!

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #866 on: February 01, 2014, 10:29:13 pm »

Tiruin:
Please don't ignore my query humans.
Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?

Sorry... for some reason, I never noticed this...

As far as I know, Cado is the only one who's admitted to being both Evil and a summoner. Sure, we would mostly figure out just how he was telling the truth, but we'd also find out what lynching does. For all we know, it doesn't do anything.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 01, 2014, 10:44:54 pm »

Tiruin:
Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?

As far as I know, Cado is the only one who's admitted to being both Evil and a summoner. Sure, we would mostly figure out just how he was telling the truth, but we'd also find out what lynching does. For all we know, it doesn't do anything.

Mastahcheese (I think it was him, at least) offered to inspect Cado tonight to see what he gets (so likely what defines scum) and recommended that someone else be lynched today.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 01, 2014, 10:48:19 pm »

Tiruin:

...Funny thing, NQT made it 'not' do anything with his mandate towards Cado.
Now I'm just waiting if he'd do the same towards Leafsnail--that, or we'll get a Votecount thanks Web/Nerjin.

TheDarkStar
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll address these concisely.
> You did not answer any of my questions there.
> You seem to miss that I suspect both Leafsnail et al. and NQT; however I judge Leafsnail and the rest more scummy than NQT-I did not discard NQT's antics this D1 as clearing him as town (I mean really. That's just wrong).

> I agree with #1; 'for sure', however comparing both arguments, the only scummy thing NQT is doing is 'Attention. Attention classmates. Do not mass vote me and I will procure information tomorrow henceforth.' Compare that to Leafsnail-who I feel as a generality is doing his damnest to get NQT dead. That, and the proposition of 'NQT growing stronger as days pass' is already on the extreme side.
Problem being, its the extreme side which factors into the most recent posts of LS.

> Back to my first note of 'you not answering my questions there'. Do I see anything from you or Cado speaking about all 'Evil' aligned people? I see no significant interaction between each other there. Or in the least with Leafsnail-no debates with him in public about his discourse.
Why so?
And if not? Why?

> #4: I believe its in his personal viewpoint. Take it in his shoes, for example. (which he somehow doesn't like our shoes, because mine is two sizes too small maybe. :I) He touts to know something that'll help-if he says it now it benefits the scumteam--something which I am inclined to believe given how if I assume
   - Town are those without winconditions. We are flailing.
   - The only negative part is if us flailers get info-crazy and lust for these things. LYNCH HIM SO HE'LL TELL US. That is the crowd-mind. Easy to hide under. Easy excuse. So I digress from that sort of thinking.

> #5: I really don't see that sort of value. He is adamant on his ideas, yet also smells more of the cornered and defensive type. It doesn't reek scum, looking at all his posts.

> #6: ...That's him being transparent. He's telling his stance, and what he's doing about it. And no, he doesn't 'refuse': He promises instead.
Problem being, I put up and propose for everyone to look at LS' counterreaction.
   - Advocates Jester.
   - Scenario assumptions.
   - NQT could be x or y or even z!

That's a lot of weight to slop onto a person, don't you think?
Doubly so that the notion is a mechanic. Evil/Not Evil/Evil-evil-PurelyGood...
If the mods lie to us, then we can try voting the teachers out and proclaim anarchy for all I know, however I do not feel like going by this strange tangent will gain us anything but 'Oh hey, we're busting an Innocent Child.'

If he is truly innocent-we've tomorrow to glean from. Guess what: I hardly believe this game was made to be a 'One-day class scenario'. Today won't be the end of the world despite us panicking about it (I mean bloody hell. Push the deal to students to fix this whole mess. Very nice, teacher.)

> I believe we're too hyped up about the meteor. We're not that proficient, it seems, and the whole everything of what we did today can hilariously work into a social experiment.

> #9: I'd like you to link and detail it for me. I am blind, despite having lurkertracker on and all your posts in tabs in my browser. I would love for you to link it and let it make sense.

Because seriously, NQT looks llike a savory easy lynch now.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 01, 2014, 10:53:40 pm »

Mastahcheese (I think it was him, at least) offered to inspect Cado tonight to see what he gets (so likely what defines scum) and recommended that someone else be lynched today.
Yes, that was me. It's my best chance of discovering how useful my ability is. Pretty much what you just said.

I also would wish to shorten the day, this is not really getting us any farther as it stands, we need some actual facts to go from now.

Offtopic
D&D (which I never played)
If you ever sign up for DnD on the Forum Games and Roleplaying section of the forum [PbP] please tell me! I'd love to play with you. Pretty new at it myself.
If I see a game start up, I'll try to remember to shoot you guys a PM.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 112