Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213218 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #525 on: January 28, 2014, 10:34:04 am »

Toaster
You do realize that this is the only claimed mention of town/townie anywhere in the game setup, right?  You don't see how that could be viewed as unusual?
My theory is that Wuba and Nerjin meant to be consistent with the 'Good/Evil' terminology but slipped up here and are now dedicated to sowing confusion through their unending opaqueness.
Or, you've slipped and fall back on blaming the mod.

Two cents: They've told us what not to expect, instead, and have been honest thus far--though we are still unsure if they are players or really responding to general concerns.

Tiruin
Why redirect to general information when you already have what 'townie' is?
Do you mean by 'redirect to general information' that I refer to Evil and Not Evil? Although I was called a townie in my PM, I haven't been told exactly what that means in this game.
I mean you keep on pointing at everything else other than try to explain yourself. I;ve had that feeling about you and its still there.

Look, semantics.

SO.
What is a townie, in this context?
We'll probably find out more as the game goes on. Voting out the meteor summoners seems like a good first step.
Problem: You know about this ahead. Already.

Then you blame the mod?
>_>
Did you bother asking?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 28, 2014, 10:47:18 am »

Sorry to derail the question NQT train, but:

Every student: do any of you, looking over your role pm's, get the impression that you have another ability that isn't mentioned explicitly?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 28, 2014, 10:56:25 am »

Tiruin
Or, you've slipped and fall back on blaming the mod.
I respect Wuba and Nerjin as people but I don't think they're infallible. What slip have I made? I've been 100% honest and above board with everyone.

I mean you keep on pointing at everything else other than try to explain yourself. I've had that feeling about you and its still there.
What do you mean by 'explain yourself'? I have told everyone exactly what my role is and everything I know or have been able to deduce about the game. What else would you like me to explain?

Then you blame the mod?
>_>
Did you bother asking?
Like I said earlier to Toaster, I did try asking Wuba and Nerjin privately about my town win condition but Wuba feigned ignorance.

Wolf
Every student: do any of you, looking over your role pm's, get the impression that you have another ability that isn't mentioned explicitly?
Not really. It wouldn't be impossible, but I don't get that impression.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:48 am »

No, I get the impression that I have no other implied ability beyond what's stated explicitly.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2014, 11:13:53 am »

PFP

Not really, no.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 28, 2014, 11:26:21 am »

NQT:

Then you blame the mod?
>_>
Did you bother asking?
Like I said earlier to Toaster, I did try asking Wuba and Nerjin privately about my town win condition but Wuba feigned ignorance.

See, this I have a problem with.  I had an odd wording in my PM that I asked about, and I got an actual straight answer in the order of "oops that was a mistake."  I think if it actually says town/townie/anything of that variety, it's intentional and relevant.

Plus, if it says you'd be a confirmed TOWNIE, that didn't happen.  You got confirmed NOT EVIL.

4mask:

*looks again*

Hmmm... no.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:44 am »

Toaster
All fine points and I'm equally perplexed. I've raised the issue with Wuba and Nerjin... we await their response.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 28, 2014, 12:04:36 pm »

Caz, HissihnWalnuts, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Toaster, could you please use your votes before the end of the day? Preferably on one of the people that has openly declared themselves to be Evil.
I plan on using my vote. I just want to figure out who I think it's best to vote for. As for right now, I have no clue. I'm wondering if lynching the summoners is what we have to do. Maybe we need to keep them around in order to make them work the counter spell or something. Maybe there's a certain thing we have to do to force them to. Maybe we're not lynching them, but forcing them to agree to destroy the meteor. I don't know.

No. Not that I can tell.

Webadict: Are only 23% of us evil?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 28, 2014, 12:16:32 pm »

MOWE
I plan on using my vote. I just want to figure out who I think it's best to vote for. As for right now, I have no clue. I'm wondering if lynching the summoners is what we have to do. Maybe we need to keep them around in order to make them work the counter spell or something. Maybe there's a certain thing we have to do to force them to. Maybe we're not lynching them, but forcing them to agree to destroy the meteor. I don't know.
Your uncertainty is understandable, but I really doubt that we're going to get any closer to an answer before we see the results of the first day and night, unless anyone plans to claim something. Do you have any secret insight on these matters?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 28, 2014, 01:58:49 pm »

You may be a lovable scamp, but did you also summon the meteor?

As far as I know, nope. But that would be hilarious.

Still reading. Halfway there.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 28, 2014, 02:53:19 pm »

Caz, HissihnWalnuts, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Toaster, could you please use your votes before the end of the day? Preferably on one of the people that has openly declared themselves to be Evil.

Notquitethere

DOWN WITH SOCIETY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(I read everything. I know less of what is going on now than when I started.)

Who wants a portable hole?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 28, 2014, 04:40:22 pm »

Nope; however, I assume that I would be happy if I had a piece of pie.

I'll take it. It's better than a staff that doesn't let you vote.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 28, 2014, 05:27:42 pm »

Notquitethere

DOWN WITH SOCIETY AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I found the Teenage Rebel Without a Clue!

(I read everything. I know less of what is going on now than when I started.)

I think this game is, like high school, a knowledge vacuum.

Man, this just keeps cropping up Beatle's jokes!

Did you find it in your pocket?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 28, 2014, 05:32:36 pm »

... I'm confused on who exactly is the best to vote for because I've seen plenty of speculation for a large amount of ways this is working.

Though if I absolutely HAVE to break the vote I will go with notquitethere.
Crack-a-lack-a

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 28, 2014, 05:49:36 pm »

I mean you keep on pointing at everything else other than try to explain yourself. I've had that feeling about you and its still there.
What do you mean by 'explain yourself'? I have told everyone exactly what my role is and everything I know or have been able to deduce about the game. What else would you like me to explain?
I can't fathom how a passive ability = confirmed townie.
You're the only person, ever, who got the word townie.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 112